Kendrick sells only 286k first week….Flop?

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I think the label set it up when they were going for “hits”. Remember fukkin Problems was originally Kendrick’s song. The Recipe was originally meant to be the first single for GKMC and they even shot a video but never released it.

Gaga was on Wale’s lead single from Attention Deficit as well.

Yeah......this song doesn't fit GKMC at all. Maybe a bonus track, but that's it. I don't know if Kendrick put his foot down or whatever, but GKMC sounds too personal to have random songs on it.

Crazy how this album could have easily ended up like Thank Me Later and Sideline Story did.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Gen Z doesn't appreciate music or quality entertainment, period.

L $ C

Superstar
Daps
Are physicals available even? I do think that with an artist like kendrick people woudl like that

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The song was still commercial and definitely not him going for the least commercial option. That Gaga song wasn't even commercial. There isn't ONE successful rap record featuring Gaga, but T-Minus productions were all over the charts in 2011-2012.
Huh?

That’s not a commercial song aping off her success? She was also initially on bytch Don’t Kill My Vibe, another commercial sounding record. Thankfully neither made the album.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Do y’all even know what a “flop” is?

The album had no promotion, other then a music video a week before. The guys 10+ years into his career. And he stays out of drama.

Kdoyt doing fine. 50 cent and lil Wayne got y’all confused.

An album flops when it has heavy promotions and gimmicks promoted for attention to the mass market with radio hits then the album drop and it goes double cardboard.

If you really think an artist 10 + years into his career is going to do numbers like his debut you have no idea how the music industry works.

Would y’all call all mj album after thriller flops?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

The album had no promotion, other then a music video a week before. The guys 10+ years into his career. And he stays out of drama.

An album flops when it has heavy promotions and gimmicks promoted for attention to the mass market with radio hits then the album drop and it goes double cardboard.

If you really think an artist 10 + years into his career is going to do numbers like his debut you have no idea how the music industry works.

Do you even know what promotion is

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Huh?

That’s not a commercial song aping off her success? She was also initially on bytch Don’t Kill My Vibe, another commercial sounding record. Thankfully neither made the album.

I haven't heard that song since it leaked, but I stand corrected, it's commercial. I don't think I've ever listened to the version of BDKMV with her on it.

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)

yes, yes they would.