Kevin Garnett "AAU killing basketball"

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
No one guards Curry he's got too much skill. Let's not act like SG's in the 90's weren't an elite crop. Klay absolutely benefits from the lac defensive rules.
what is lax about today's defending? no hand checking? Kobe said it was easier to play in the NBA back in the handchecking era.

Why do you ignore that players can zone up now and thus its harder to get to the basket or get the ball inside to post players?

team defensive concepts is totally new in today's NBA. Also there are a lot better athletes today than in the 90s. You used to be able to have a 7 foot stiff who was there to collect 6 fouls and be in the way and couldnt/wouldnt switch on a PnR. Now you cant afford to have players like that on the roster.

Last edited:
Daps
what is lax about today's defending? no hand checking? Kobe said it was easier to play in the NBA back in the handchecking era.

Why do you ignore that players can zone up now and thus its harder to get to the basket or get the ball inside to post players?

team defensive concepts is totally new in today's NBA. Also there are a lot better athletes today than in the 90s. You used to be able to have a 7 foot stiff who was there to collect 6 fouls and be in the way and couldnt/wouldnt switch on a PnR. Now you cant afford to have players like that on the roster.

7 foot stiffs aren't guarding Klay, and you didn't even address the fact that the SG's back then were superior to the guys we have in the league now.

Last edited:

Juven

All Star
Daps
Didn't Tom Brady just win yet another Eggbowl? :wtf:

we're talking about the nba

Patriots are an anomaly. Top tier nfl teams have a small window to win championships. Its the exact opposite in the NBA.

Both leagues have too many teams and not enough talent. You end up getting a shytty product

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
7 foot stiffs aren't guarding Klay, and you didn't even address the fact that the SG's back then were superior to the guys we have in the league now.
They are guarding Klay and Curry on switches.

And the two guard today plays better defense today than back then.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
If you want to complain about the NBA has to teach it's young players, then look towards college basketball and the entire NCAA as a whole. Yes, finger pointed right at UK...and I currently live in Lexington.

NOT AAU

In terms of college programs, take a look at players like JJ Reddikk who has carved out a much better career than I thought he would because he was actually smart enough to stay in college for the full ride. I think there are more cases like that to be seen here instead of hearing stories of players like Terrence Jones who have all the talent in the world, but is already starting to get waived at 25.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I saw so much shyt happened at the park where I grew up while we were all playing basketball. Why can’t heads my age see the ramifications of all the crap we experienced in the 80s and 90s and its impact on shyt today?

That same park I grew up around is right across the street from ebbets f field, which is home to one the largest gangs in Brooklyn.

Do you think I’m fine with telling my son to take a basketball and go play out there every day or go to a gym?

Im sick of heads my age and their inability to put themselves in the shoes of others.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I saw so much shyt happened at the park where I grew up while we were all playing basketball. Why can’t heads my age see the ramifications of all the crap we experienced in the 80s and 90s and its impact on shyt today?

That same park I grew up around is right across the street from ebbets f field, which is home to one the largest gangs in Brooklyn.

Do you think I’m fine with telling my son to take a basketball and go play out there every day or go to a gym?

Im sick of heads my age and their inability to put themselves in the shoes of others.
The social and safety impact is somewhat independent from the basketball impact though. Both points are right. Your concern about your son hooping in an unsafe court is valid, as is the aau circuit making the types of players we see now.

You can play in a gym and not be in AAU as well...

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
I can’t even front tho, this season for some reason has been the most interesting for me in a loooong time, probably since when DRose got drafted.

an 8th seed making it to the finals is pretty damn wild and special for the NBA.