Supreme365

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC
One of my favorite nba duels
People forget how nice metta was
He was about 6’7 260, but was extremely agile on defense and strong as a damn ox. He could guard 2-4 and in today’s league he’d be guarding centers also. Not to mention he was a decent scorer and in his prime usually averaged between 17-21 points

Then you have Kobe at his peak
He completely embraced team basketball and had grown as a leader was as complete of a player that you could find, he was the reigning king of the league

This series could’ve gone either way if the rockets didn’t have injuries that year. I think they could’ve won it all there probably the most overlooked “what if team”.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Metta never really matched up well with Kobe. He was built more to guard the likes of Paul Pierce and LeBron that relied on power. Kobe's game is more about finesse and skill. The guys who could guard Kobe the best were more technical in their defensive skillset rather than just being physically imposing. Guys like Tony Allen and Bruce Bowen gave Kobe more trouble.

If we're being honest, I probably wouldn't even rate Metta as a top 5 Kobe defender of all-time.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Then you have Kobe at his peak
He completely embraced team basketball
slow-lol-zoom.gif

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Metta never really matched up well with Kobe. He was built more to guard the likes of Paul Pierce and LeBron that relied on power. Kobe's game is more about finesse and skill. The guys who could guard Kobe the best were more technical in their defensive skillset rather than just being physically imposing. Guys like Tony Allen and Bruce Bowen gave Kobe more trouble.

If we're being honest, I probably wouldn't even rate Metta as a top 5 Kobe defender of all-time.

Remember Ruben Patterson