Ladies, what has been your experience dating college-educated black men?

CocoaPony

Rookie
Daps
Depends on the man’s upbringing and his ambition. I’ve met some men who are truly driven and came from nothing but run into issues with the people who helped him get to where he is leech everything from him. Then I’ve dated some who were a legacy to their school and had everything handed to them and still expect mommy and daddy to bankroll them like White trust fund babies.

Some men tackle their debt head on and some feel crushed by it and are already defeated because they’re afraid to take certain career risks that could net a great reward but they’re too worried about debt.

The best man I ever dated was a military man who paid for college with his military money and went back in as an officer. Raised by a single mother who died while he was a teenager. He was a provider who didn’t make any excuses, treated me well and always made time for me, even while he was finishing his masters and had 50/50 custody of his 3 kids. We only broke up because his ex manipulated him and left the kids with us on a week we were supposed to be traveling for a wedding I was in. He never stood up to her. I told him if he ever got full custody I’d come back, I wanted her out of his life.