LaMelo Ball will be a bust

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Mfs talking about no athleticism like the boy don’t got a quick first step, open court speed, and can’t make in air adjustments with his body, and like he don’t got length. He don’t need to jump out the gym to be nice or be the fastest man on the floor to have impact.

He’s 6’7 and growing which will allow him to see over defenses and he can pass that ball with flair and unpredictability and he can hit them corner shooters off penetration and P&R he has a great handle.

His jumper is streaky but he can hit it and he can hit it with range and his shot has good arc. His mechanics will improve just like big bro. As a slasher he’s frail but he got a floater and got length and improvisation and can finish with both hands and play the glass to finish around bigs he will get stronger.

He’s not a defensive stopper one-on-one and will be stashed on weakest perimeter options as a young player but he’s an instinctual rebounder with a nose for the ball in general. Great pick pocket and reader in the passing lane.

He plays with a calm, cool demeanor he’s confident out there and he’s not soft he got a mean streak his brother don’t have.

collateral.

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
Mfs talking about no athleticism like the boy don’t got a quick first step, open court speed, and can’t make in air adjustments with his body, and like he don’t got length. He don’t need to jump out the gym to be nice or be the fastest man on the floor to have impact.

He’s 6’7 and growing which will allow him to see over defenses and he can pass that ball with flair and unpredictability and he can hit them corner shooters off penetration and P&R he has a great handle.

His jumper is streaky but he can hit it and he can hit it with range and his shot has good arc. His mechanics will improve just like big bro. As a slasher he’s frail but he got a floater and got length and improvisation and can finish with both hands and play the glass to finish around bigs he will get stronger.

He’s not a defensive stopper one-on-one and will be stashed on weakest perimeter options as a young player but he’s an instinctual rebounder with a nose for the ball in general. Great pick pocket and reader in the passing lane.

He plays with a calm, cool demeanor he’s confident out there and he’s not soft he got a mean streak his brother don’t have.
So you're telling me you saw all of this last year during his season with the NBL? His shot is just as busted as Lonzo's is, hes not getting that off in the NBA. This supposed "mean streak" you say is non existent, if anything Gelo was the one with a mean streak because he he always had something to prove and wanted to dominate. The other two plays too cool for school to have a mean streak. Nothing you or anyone has said that makes me believe this guy is top 3 worthy, a player that the Knicks or Pistons are salivating to draft. If he was going 6-12 I wouldn't be as hard on him as I am. But for 3-4 years now I been hearing how this kid is going to be amazing and this and that and as time moves closer to him being in the NBA, hes looking more and more like a pedestrian player more than anything.

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
His jumper is streaky but he can hit it and he can hit it with range and his shot has good arc.

Man, he's shooting 25% from 3.....not only can he not hit that shot (on a regular basis), he hasn't been restrained enough to realize that's not a good shot for him.

That said, he's a kid who has had an extremely disjointed journey to this point. I'm curious to see how it turns out, but I don't want him anywhere near the Warriors...

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
So you're telling me you saw all of this last year during his season with the NBL? His shot is just as busted as Lonzo's is, hes not getting that off in the NBA. This supposed "mean streak" you say is non existent, if anything Gelo was the one with a mean streak because he he always had something to prove and wanted to dominate. The other two plays too cool for school to have a mean streak. Nothing you or anyone has said that makes me believe this guy is top 3 worthy, a player that the Knicks or Pistons are salivating to draft. If he was going 6-12 I wouldn't be as hard on him as I am. But for 3-4 years now I been hearing how this kid is going to be amazing and this and that and as time moves closer to him being in the NBA, hes looking more and more like a pedestrian player more than anything.
Yes I saw it in the NBL y’all eye for talent is trash

Yall always wrong every year same nikkas that tried to discredit Luka and Trae Young :mjlol:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Man, he's shooting 25% from 3.....not only can he not hit that shot (on a regular basis), he hasn't been restrained enough to realize that's not a good shot for him.

That said, he's a kid who has had an extremely disjointed journey to this point. I'm curious to see how it turns out, but I don't want him anywhere near the Warriors...
The % is irrelevant because of the sample size (12 games) and the fact he was 17 playing against grown men in the NBA he’ll also play with better spacing and pace

Also nobody is expecting him to be a + efficient shooter out the gate. He has the range and shot creation down his mechanics will improve. His efficiency will likely be on some Jason Williams shyt his first few years.

It’s corny how y’all focus on his flaws and don’t highlight his strengths

Last edited:

collateral.

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
Yes I saw it in the NBL y’all eye for talent is trash

Yall always wrong every year same nikkas that tried to discredit Luka and Trae Young :mjlol:
I never discredited Luka, the only red flag to me about Trae was his size, would he be able to get his shot off against NBA talent and could he defend in the NBA. Trae was an amazing shooter in college, he could shoot off the dribble and is nasty with the pick n roll. I am confident Melo won't be this amazing star in the NBA like yall want him to be.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Skill wise I don't think he does anything better then Zo, besides being a volume shooter. But breh seem to have heart and confidence that Zo don't
Definitely has some "fukk it" to his game for better/worse. I like him. I wish we were watching this draft class in actual summer league and not bubble league.

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
The % is irrelevant because of the sample size (12 games) and the fact he was 17 playing against grown men in the NBA he’ll also play with better spacing and pace

Also nobody is expecting him to be a + efficient shooter out the gate. He has the range and shot creation down his mechanics will improve. His efficiency will likely be on some Jason Williams shyt his first few years.

It’s corny how y’all focus on his flaws and don’t highlight his strengths

I know you're passionate about this and to be honest, I'm just not. Like I said previously, I hope it works out for him.

That said: Do you expect that it will be easier or harder for him to get his shot off in the NBA? I think it will be tougher. So given his awkward shot mechanics, with a higher level of competition, I expect he's going to struggle there. But his passing and vision seem to be off the charts from the little (tiny) bit I've seen him play so I believe there's (undoubtedly) a spot for him in the league. I hope for the best for him.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I know you're passionate about this and to be honest, I'm just not. Like I said previously, I hope it works out for him.

That said: Do you expect that it will be easier or harder for him to get his shot off in the NBA? I think it will be tougher. So given his awkward shot mechanics, with a higher level of competition, I expect he's going to struggle there. But his passing and vision seem to be off the charts from the little (tiny) bit I've seen him play so I believe there's (undoubtedly) a spot for him in the league. I hope for the best for him.
I don't think he'll struggle to put shots up his problem will be efficiency. I don't expect him to be efficient out the gate. Zo couldn't shoot a few years ago now he's at 38% 3PT on 6.5 attempts. Give him time he's a teen. There will be plenty of weight training and shooting drills for him. Yeah his passing and vision is great.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
OP is wrong on this one and is basing his opinion on Melo off of outdated information.

Barring injury he's gonna be one of the best big point guards to come out in a long time. His passing is his best asset IMO. He just needs to get to a team that will hide him on defense and allow him to play his game.
This is gonna age like a @smitty22 hot take on Tom Terrific. :mjlol: