Lauryn Hill and Rohan Marley are shytty parents

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Selah Mayer says during an Instagram Live stream that her singer mother used to beat her with belts a lot in addition to giving her threats that were as bad as her beating.

Being a child of famous public figures isn’t always easy, and Selah Marley can prove it to the world. The daughter of Lauryn Hillrecently held an Instagram Live session in which she got candid about her family and her harsh childhood that was all due to the singer’s relationship with her then-partner, Rohan Marley.
Detailing how her mother used to treat her in the past, Selah mentioned that Lauryn was constantly angry and was downright unapproachable. “My mom is an amazing woman, but she obviously didn’t do everything right,” she said, adding that Lauryn’s habit of physical punishment is old-fashioned and calling it “some slavery s**t.” She also mentioned that her mom often threatened her in the past, and it was as bad as her belt beating.
Recalling her mom’s words, Selah said, “You want me to embarrass you? You want me to give you something to cry about?” The granddaughter of Bob Marley also pointed out that her brother, Zion, got it worse than her. “I’m not mad at a little discipline, but what can a five-year-old do? What can a seven-year-old do?” Selah told her viewers.

However, according to Selah, Lauryn calmed down a lot once she entered sixth grade and made some emotional changes over the years. Selah also said that her mother abandoned a lot of the physical punishments she did in the past and that she had become close to her mother.
The IG link has been taken down but here is a recap

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Bullshyt.

Lauryn is from a traditional home where kids got spankings and beatings. Her children grew up with other kids who weren't from that background. Otherwise they would have traded war stories in school about getting ass beatings.

Not saying that everything Lauryn did was right, but her rich children just grew up in different circumstances than Lauryn and her brother.

Spoiled rich kids.

Last edited:

Donny

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seems to be a theme my mom was always extremely overreactive with us I got it the least cause I really kept to myself but I think the realization that your parents are just flawed people too is a part of growing up/ healing.

I like the way the new generation is focusing on empathy more instead of holding things in.

Reading the article it didn’t seem like the spankings were that bad I’d have to watch the video but being a parent especially a single parent is a stressful job not everybody gonna handle it gracefully.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
sounds like a lot of black households. :yeshrug:

my only thing is the belt shouldn't be the fukkin FIRST option when you fukk up as a kid. When I got that work, my shyt built up to the point I had to get that Toby Kunta whuppin. And I knew damn well not to do it, or get caught again doing, ever again.

I had to put my foot in my 8 year old's ass and give him the leather over the weekend. Told him all summer to :ufdup: but he kept pushing shyt. Telling his ass to goto bed, and he playing/watching tablet in the bed and shyt. Got caught 3x. Wife caught him again this weekend and told em you the "Didn't I tell you not to" line. This lil nikka got the nerve to say, "Okay, I guess I gotta get a spanking now" all nonchalant and big drawz and shyt. She was like ::what:

Got the old fashioned double ass whupping from both of us :birdman: