Lauryn Hill and Rohan Marley are shytty parents

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Lauryn is only human. You think she didn't go thru that same predicament???

exactly. that shyt is learnt. Passed down from slave generations. shyt is fukked up.

not saying anything wrong with it because some parents do go too gotdamn far, but it's necessary sometimes.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Seems to be a theme my mom was always extremely overreactive with us I got it the least cause I really kept to myself but I think the realization that your parents are just flawed people too is a part of growing up/ healing.

I like the way the new generation is focusing on empathy more instead of holding things in.

Reading the article it didn’t seem like the spankings were that bad I’d have to watch the video but being a parent especially a single parent is a stressful job not everybody gonna handle it gracefully.
Apparently the son got it the worse and personally I can relate to that growing up

Don Diego

All Star
Daps
wtv man
I used to get the beats from the belt too, so what?
You don't see me on IG telling the world

I got beats with the belt, I got beats with sticks
If I used to walk around barefeet in the house my dad would make me walk outside in the snow barefeet
so what?

:picard:

Yall wear shoes in the house. In ours the first thing you did going in the house was take off your shoes

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Apparently the son got it the worse and personally I can relate to that growing up

yeah, it's naturally harder to really have to whup your daughter I would think. glad I didn't have one because I know it would be hard for me to do it. :francis:

But since I got 2 boys and whenever I have to give either of my son's that work, I make sure they understand why and repeat it to me so they fully understand before I cut that ass. :ufdup:

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
yeah, it's naturally harder to really have to whup your daughter I would think. glad I didn't have one because I know it would be hard for me to do it. :francis:

But since I got 2 boys and whenever I have to give either of my son's that work, I make sure they understand why and repeat it to me so they fully understand before I cut that ass. :ufdup:
If I had kids I couldn’t beat them, growing up when we used to share our beating stories it’s alway those who got the worst beating that went left in life. You can discipline kids without beating them

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
sounds like a lot of black households. :yeshrug:

my only thing is the belt shouldn't be the fukkin FIRST option when you fukk up as a kid. When I got that work, my shyt built up to the point I had to get that Toby Kunta whuppin. And I knew damn well not to do it, or get caught again doing, ever again.

I had to put my foot in my 8 year old's ass and give him the leather over the weekend. Told him all summer to :ufdup: but he kept pushing shyt. Telling his ass to goto bed, and he playing/watching tablet in the bed and shyt. Got caught 3x. Wife caught him again this weekend and told em you the "Didn't I tell you not to" line. This lil nikka got the nerve to say, "Okay, I guess I gotta get a spanking now" all nonchalant and big drawz and shyt. She was like ::what:

Got the old fashioned double ass whupping from both of us :birdman:
The physical punishment is meant to be a deterrent. Previous generations cut right to the chase. Our generations use it as final resort.

In both situations the message gets heard.

I saw my cousin and my best friend catch some harsh beatings right in front of me. (Both cases the biological father wasn't present) Their moms would just be getting out of jail this year, if the cops saw it. hahahahaha
They were both hard headed and wouldn't listen, and were back to their shenanigans once they pain wore off.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If I had kids I couldn’t beat them, growing up when we used to share our beating stories it’s alway those who got the worst beating that went left in life. You can discipline kids without beating them

it's a last option for me and my wife. Thankfully it's not some shyt we do on the regular. Taking away shyt works a lot, but when they sneak/find the take shyt and you find it. :francis:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Was also going to add that despite the wealth, Lauryn pretty much raised those kids as a single mother.
That comes with a certain stress factor of having to play Mommy and Daddy.

===========
If Rohan was a bum, it begs the question of why she kept having kids with him though.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bullshyt.

Lauryn is from a traditional home where kids got spankings and beatings. Her children grew up with other kids who weren't from the background. Otherwise they would have traded war stories in school about getting ass beatings.

Not saying that everything Lauryn did was right, but her rich children just grew up in different circumstances than Lauryn and her brother.

Spoiled rich kids.
nikka You talkin like you was in the house.