Lauryn Hill and Rohan Marley are shytty parents

Superstar
Daps
exactly. that shyt is learnt. Passed down from slave generations. shyt is fukked up.

not saying anything wrong with it because some parents do go too gotdamn far, but it's necessary sometimes.

i think he was quoting a lyric, maybe from Doo Wop

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's time to stop pretending all our mothers are blameless in our rearing and projecting all their bullshyt on the absent fathers.

The Twitter posts speak more harshly on the absent father (who, of course is wrong) than Lauryn beating the shyt outta and degrading her kids.

Again, we need to rethink corporal punishment. Too often it's our parents taking their frustration out on us or projecting. Not discipline.

This. And despite beatings being normalized, many experience trauma from it. Everyone doesn’t have the same experience around corporal punishment. I watched some of the video. She is struggling but sounds very self aware. I hope she is able to heal from her trauma and heal her wounds. Especially if she thinks her parents didn’t and experienced the result of that.

Also, having an absent/neglectful father alone is damaging. Adding a single mother of 5 who has her own demons is a recipe for disaster.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Bullshyt.

Lauryn is from a traditional home where kids got spankings and beatings. Her children grew up with other kids who weren't from the background. Otherwise they would have traded war stories in school about getting ass beatings.

Not saying that everything Lauryn did was right, but her rich children just grew up in different circumstances than Lauryn and her brother.

Spoiled rich kids.
How would you know? You was there?

Why

Superstar
Daps
If I had kids it wouldn’t be no whipping them
I had whippings growing up and I wasn’t exactly a bad kid and I turned out pretty shytty

so whippings don’t help all the time.especially throwing religion on top of that:snoop:

whippings built a rebellious spirit in me to the point I couldn’t take authority from no one but my daddy

jus sitting there plotting and scheming wit snot n tears running down my nose :wtb:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
nikka You talkin like you was in the house.
How would you know? You was there?
Was surprised to see this sentiment expressed twice.

What did I write in my post that doesn't seem like an obvious assessment of the story?

What would I have had to been in her house to witness to point out the difference between Lauryn's upbringing and theirs?

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Was surprised to see this sentiment expressed twice.

What did I write in my post that doesn't seem like an obvious assessment of the story?

What would I have had to been in her house to witness to point out the difference between Lauryn's upbringing and theirs?
You said bullshyt like you was there and know for a fact.