Lauryn Hill and Rohan Marley are shytty parents

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
wtv man
I used to get the beats from the belt too, so what?
You don't see me on IG telling the world

I got beats with the belt, I got beats with sticks
If I used to walk around barefeet in the house my dad would make me walk outside in the snow barefeet
so what?
U couldn’t walk barefoot? That was abuse

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I’m not necessarily against corporal punishment (if I have kids, I hope I never have to do it) but when I hear older people talk about how they used to beat their kids with some sort of twisted pride, I look at them differently. You shouldn’t get enjoyment out of hitting your kids or even look back on it with enjoyment.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Its sad how alot of black people have normalized ABUSE. Someone always comes in these threads talking about "I got spanked with the ironing board and I'm fine' like that shyt is ok :gucci: There's a very thin line between spankings and abuse, and alot of our parents crossed it, but no one wants to ever say it.

Anyway, being beat down by someone 4 times your size as a child, is traumatic. She's not spoiled. She's mentally scarred.

:dead:

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Just one thing to folks out there getting whoppings ain't some black shyt. Nor is it necessary something that has to do with slave culture.

People all around the world whip they kids with belts and shoes. I told kats on here how when I traveled to China and india my coworkers in those countries talked about how their parents beat them with belts.

I talked about how on here...that I learned when I was in college that white folks down south (specifically in rural areas) beat their kids with belts. shyt in places like Mississippi they still have corporal punishment in schools where the principle can give you a lick on the bottom or on the hand.

So no this isn't some black people phenomenon.

THIIIIIIS X1000

Asians, Africans, and Middle Easterners, and Latinos whoop their kids.

All those Indian doctors at Johns Hopkins

All those Chinese coders in Silicon Valley

Got whoooped by their parents.

Why do you think Indians and Chinese are so afraid of their parents?:heh:

Why do you think they're afraid to get a B in calculus?:heh:

And shyt. My granny was born in 1928 and raised me for the most part. She grew a tree years in advance in anticipation of us fukkin up. New gen soft :yeahrug:

:dead:

I love how your G-ma was anticipating fukkin' y'all up.