Lauryn Hill and Rohan Marley are shytty parents

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it's a last option for me and my wife. Thankfully it's not some shyt we do on the regular. Taking away shyt works a lot, but when they sneak/find the take shyt and you find it. :francis:

Breh thats all it really is and each kid is different. Some you don't have to spank cause they will get right. Others you will have to spank cause they just won't do right. But I have no issue with spanking if its administrated correctly.

Cause let keep it 100. In the real world there are penalties for not going right or what you are suppose to do. It may be a fine, a penalty and even death. The goal is to raise kids so that they follow the rules and regulations in society.

If a spanking at 10 saves a kid from doing stupid shyt that can get them killed at 25. Then so be it.

I remember year ago one cousin I have ran away from home at 11 thinking he was gonna show his parents (dude ran away cause he didn't like his parents telling him what to do). I mean literally sneaked out the house and ran away. His parents were sick looking for him for 24 hours. They finally found him and beat the hell out his ass and he deserved it.

He could have gotten killed, ran over, shot, stabbed, molested or kidnapped. But I tell you what he never ever ever ever ever ran away from home again after that ass beating.

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
Bullshyt.

Lauryn is from a traditional home where kids got spankings and beatings. Her children grew up with other kids who weren't from that background. Otherwise they would have traded war stories in school about getting ass beatings.

Not saying that everything Lauryn did was right, but her rich children just grew up in different circumstances than Lauryn and her brother.

Spoiled rich kids.
The old me would have agreed to this but not anymore.

Has anyone ever considered the possibility that maybe these cacs have given us a b*stardized version of how to govern our children. I don’t think beating them is smart in the long run. As a whole if we didn’t beat our kids they’d be less likely to accept wrongdoings to their persons as adults. We wouldn’t be so gracious in accepting bad conditions if spiritually we weren’t used to being physically and verbally demeaned by disregarding our children’s feelings at times. Don’t get me wrong I get that a good portion who do spank their kids do it moderately (quick smack on the wrist or buttocks) to correct stupid actions but we should defer to reasoning with them babies when they’re old enough to understand. They’re inherently slower because of their age so allow them time enough to process your commands and maybe explore their behaviours with them to find the root of it and based your corrective discipline off that.

I know I’m finna catch some heat for this but just think on it a bit.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Seems to be a theme my mom was always extremely overreactive with us I got it the least cause I really kept to myself but I think the realization that your parents are just flawed people too is a part of growing up/ healing.

I like the way the new generation is focusing on empathy more instead of holding things in.

Reading the article it didn’t seem like the spankings were that bad I’d have to watch the video but being a parent especially a single parent is a stressful job not everybody gonna handle it gracefully.
QFT

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
Its sad how alot of black people have normalized ABUSE. Someone always comes in these threads talking about "I got spanked with the ironing board and I'm fine' like that shyt is ok :gucci: There's a very thin line between spankings and abuse, and alot of our parents crossed it, but no one wants to ever say it.

Anyway, being beat down by someone 4 times your size as a child, is traumatic. She's not spoiled. She's mentally scarred.

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
If you get beat with a belt over 5 times you need to stop fukkin up. After about a good 3-4 ones all my pops had to do is lift up his shirt and point to it like it was the strap and I got back in line with the quickness

And she crying over “you want me to give you something to cry about” :what:

She’s hanging around all white friends that’s the black parent go-to bar

Theodoresolderbreh

No Shorts No Malarkey
Daps
Reppin
Theodore breh and associates
If you get beat with a belt over 5 times you need to stop fukkin up. After about a good 3-4 ones all my pops had to do is lift up his shirt and point to it like it was the strap and I got back in line with the quickness
because kids only get beatings for not eating their peas and shyt right? act like mental illness and other factors dont exist brehs. in this normal situation yea it would be that way in a normal household but lets not act like parents dont beat the shyt out their kids because of their own baggage or some other factor. And as for the rest of the thread lets act like lauryn hill wasnt fukked up mentally because you liked miseducation and ready or not brehs

Daps
Bullshyt.

Lauryn is from a traditional home where kids got spankings and beatings
. Her children grew up with other kids who weren't from that background. Otherwise they would have traded war stories in school about getting ass beatings.

Not saying that everything Lauryn did was right, but her rich children just grew up in different circumstances than Lauryn and her brother.

Spoiled rich kids.

You mean an abusive home?
:mjlol: And lol @ being “spoiled” because you didn’t like getting beatings. Parents that give they kids beatings are trash. Idgaf what race they are.

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
because kids only get beatings for not eating their peas and shyt right? act like mental illness and other factors dont exist brehs. in this normal situation yea it would be that way in a normal household but lets not act like parents dont beat the shyt out their kids because of their own baggage or some other factor. And as for the rest of the thread lets act like lauryn hill wasnt fukked up mentally because you liked miseducation and ready or not brehs
Nah it ain’t a slave whip. I’m against those parents with the 20 piece whippings. It’s just a wack. You gonna feel it. It’s gonna sting for a minute. But you’ll remember you don’t like that feeling so you’ll think twice.

And it’s only for major things. I’m not for “you didn’t wash the dishes I’m getting my belt”

It’s for stealing from the store. Getting suspended from school. Destroying someone’s property. Parent your kids how you like but you catching a little belt action.

And shyt. My granny was born in 1928 and raised me for the most part. She grew a tree years in advance in anticipation of us fukkin up. New gen soft :yeahrug:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Bullshyt.

Lauryn is from a traditional home where kids got spankings and beatings. Her children grew up with other kids who weren't from that background. Otherwise they would have traded war stories in school about getting ass beatings.

Spoiled rich kids.

Maybe her momma needs to give her “something to cry for” since she made this video.

more kids need their asses beat and she should consider herself fortunate that she literally ate off of the profits of The Score for years.

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
Is it hard to believe that a drug addicted woman mad at the fathers of her children abused the kids?

Theodoresolderbreh

No Shorts No Malarkey
Daps
Reppin
Theodore breh and associates
Nah it ain’t a slave whip. I’m against those parents with the 20 piece whippings. It’s just a wack. You gonna feel it. It’s gonna sting for a minute. But you’ll remember you don’t like that feeling so you’ll think twice.

And it’s only for major things. I’m not for “you didn’t wash the dishes I’m getting my belt”

It’s for stealing from the store. Getting suspended from school. Destroying someone’s property. Parent your kids how you like but you catching a little belt action.

And shyt. My granny was born in 1928 and raised me for the most part. She grew a tree years in advance in anticipation of us fukkin up. New gen soft :yeahrug:
breh im 30+ my great grandmother raised me she was literally on that get a switch shyt or extension cord shyt sometimes. But no way am i gonna tell somebody how they felt about being hit. people carry shyt differently. lauryn hill was fukked up in public its no way she was normal 100% of the time at home. shyt my grandmother did me and my cousins like she did because she was trying to stop smoking randomly during my childhood. so we caught the blunt end of that shyt. anybody looking in would assume shyt was what it was but that shyt is bullshyt. I love my grandmother but she 100% why i dont hit my son nor why i dont smoke cigerettes and why my little brother all fukked up. Being twice his size and/or knowing how to hurt him is more effective (taking away his shyt) than beating somebody and making their bones ache every time they see a tree branch

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Just because that's how YOU were raised doesn't make it right. If the young lady felt like that treatment was detrimental to her development than that's how she feels.Lauren wasn't even raised like that, she came from a pretty middle class household in South Orange near Seton Hall University. But I could believe the stress of her career and her relationship with Rohan really messed with her mind.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
My moms used to fukk me and my siblings up when we was likkle yutes. See no issue with what I read.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
A lot of the oldheads(male/female) are not ready to have real convos..
About our upbringings..
It’s a fine line between corporal punishment and beatings..
nikkas want to harken back to the old days..
Not understanding those same whoopings with..
Electric cords
Switches
Shoes
Hands
Are not badges of honor..
Sure..
In hindsight you can say you deserved those whoopings..
May even say it worked for you and kept you in place..
But some others went through mental trauma..
A lot of killers were “whooped” as a kid..
Then as they get older..
Unleash that pain they dealt with all them years..
Onto the general public..
Or
Pass down the same abuse to their seeds..
Creating a cycle of violence..
Stop looking at shyt with nostalgia..
And actual listen for once and really ask yourself questions..
The human psyche is not as strong as some lead you to believe..
It’s very clear proof on this forum..

There needs to be more of a balance, acknowledged. Unfortunately, people love pushing a lack of nuance and want to approach this as an all-or-nothing proposition.

We can clearly see just how well the "nothing" approach is working.