Lauryn Hill and Rohan Marley are shytty parents

OrionBC

Hard Work and Cloud Watching
Daps
Sounds like she has made peace with her mom. I wonder if Lauryn's son feels the same considering she said he got it a little worse. I personally dont like spankings. I dont even like hearing spankings. My uncle is the same way. Hes never spanked his kids. Not even his son. My mom never spanked me. I was a mild mannered kid and I'm still mild mannered now. From what i've seen with my mom and uncle I know that discipline can be given without spanking. My grandma on the other hand was the opposite. She spanked all of her kids. She frequently tells us stories about the way she spanked her kids. I may be getting a little personal on here, but I think that has affected how my mom, aunt, and uncles feel about her. They respect my grandma but they keep their distance from her, especially my uncle. I dont think enough people realize the long term emotional effects spankings can have if you overdo spanking kids.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bullshyt was for the thread title.

Slow your roll before you go off the tracks.

"Unless you want me to continue?" Like it's a threat. If you don't get the fukk outta my face with the bullshyt posturing.

Let me put it in layman's terms. The commercial success of her 2nd group and first solo album gave Ms. Hill the finances to live in possibly the most affluent zip codes in the country. The way the kids are raised in those areas is probably different than the way Ms. Hill was raised.
She is from a solid middle class suburban household with 2 parents. She probably got physically disciplined by her parents, and told the same comments that were quoted in the article. Lauryn's cousins and classmates family experiences were probably similar.

The quotes , in fact ,are run of the mill things that parents have said to their children. They hardly matched what I expected when I saw the thread title.

In the circles that Lauryn's kids grew up in this is considered harsh language/verbal abuse and the beatings were considered child abuse by comparison, probably.

Get it.
The way alot of the kids were raised possibly could've been different. That doesnt mean there werent plenty that got similiar treatment to Selah. So yeah, assumption.

You also called her a spoiled rich kid. What makes her that?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
The way alot of the kids were raised possibly could've been different. That doesnt mean there werent plenty that got similiar treatment to Selah. So yeah, assumption.

You also called her a spoiled rich kid. What makes her that?
Stated my case multiple times here.

Guess you didn't like my answers so the goal post moves from "we're you there?" to "why are you calling them spoiled?". You are posting just to post at this point.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stated my case multiple times here.

Guess you didn't like my answers so the goal post moves from "we're you there?" to "why are you calling them spoiled?". You are posting just to post at this point.
What? I adressed your bullshyt answer :hhh:. I said how its POSSIBLE some of the rich kids didnt grow up like Hills kids. Its POSSIBLE some of them did. Hence it being an assumption.

I deaded that and went to the other assumption about her being spoiled.

Daps
Whoopings don't bother me, but they don't work for every child. Some children are bad and seem to only understand physical violence as a deterrent. I'm guessing this child was somewhat sensitive and another tool would have been better to punish her. I've had kids in my family that were so sensitive that a raised voice would stop them in their tracks, no spanking needed, and they turned out to be responsible adults. I've also known kids who you could beat all day and wouldn't give a fukk, but lock up their PlayStation and they start copping pleas.

Physical punishment is just one tool of many. You have to know your child to figure out which punishments work best.

Though if I had kids, I wouldn't physically punish them because there's no need to risk getting the state involved. I can be creative in punishing someone if need be.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just one thing to folks out there getting whoppings ain't some black shyt. Nor is it necessary something that has to do with slave culture.

People all around the world whip they kids with belts and shoes. I told kats on here how when I traveled to China and india my coworkers in those countries talked about how their parents beat them with belts.

I talked about how on here...that I learned when I was in college that white folks down south (specifically in rural areas) beat their kids with belts. shyt in places like Mississippi they still have corporal punishment in schools where the principle can give you a lick on the bottom or on the hand.

So no this isn't some black people phenomenon.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
None of them Jamaican nikkas take care of they kids. I don't know how that became an ADOS stereotype.Lauryn definitely gives off ain't shyt momma vibes.
Fam, this stone cold facts. nikkas will have babies all over the place. 2-3 in their country and 3 in America. And will live in Jam rock a town over from their kids.