Law Enforcement May Have To Be Privatized To Bring Balance

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
The private prison industry isn't a free and open market though. No one here can easily register a new private prison business. The sector is a quasi-monopoly/duopoly that works closely with government. There is no competition. There is no incentive to improve your product/service. It's more like an illusion of privatization. A private prison could be poorly run and they will still get money.
True.

Police Companies are likely to resemble how security firms are ran.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
OP's idea could work if it were a free and open market. But if it's implemented like the private prisons we have now then it would be disastrous. There needs to be competing police/security firms that neighborhoods can vote/choose. It has to be on the micro scale (neighorhoods, small towns, villages) not macro (city, state, national).

Sleepy Walker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincy
As it is, they're above the law and any criticism.

As a private entity, they're subjected to the same laws as citizens since they're citizens doing a job.

Police are supposed to uphold the law, if you privatize them then you have police who are governed by a completely different set of rules/laws which isn't good considering what we already have.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How would they be in bed? I think the voters would vote and show that too many people are being locked up over dumb shyt, they can risk losing their contract.
Privatized prisons have occupancy requirements. Private prisons had a hand in drafting and pushing for "3-strike" legislation. Can you not see how privatizing city and county police depts could lead to higher rates of incarceration even if overall crime is going down?

yyy

All Star
Daps
Too many uncertainties. I would need to see an in-depth analysis before I could say anything either way.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
OP's idea could work if it were a free and open market. But if it's implemented like the private prisons we have now then it would be disastrous. There needs to be competing police/security firms that neighborhoods can vote/choose. It has to be on the micro scale (neighorhoods, small towns, villages) not macro (city, state, national).
Neighborhoods would be too complicated for policing as far as jurisdictions are concerned but for different municipalities would be best. IMO.

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
I have a better idea, why don't all the concerned citizens apply to be police. Most make over $40,000 a year. Requirements have been lowered since no ne wants the job but war vets and thrill junkies.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Abolish the police instead
Eliminate the state

Or you could do this. But it'll never happen.

Discussing these things on the coli is a waste of time. Black people are hopelessly pro-big government and have been brainwashed by liberal democrats into thinking that a central government is necessary.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
I have a better idea, why don't all the concerned citizens apply to be police. Most make over $40,000 a year. Requirements have been lowered since no ne wants the job but war vets and thrill junkies.
I doubt that. Most are just collecting a check.

Privatizing would surely concede their power. I'm most concerned with citizens paying the salaries for people with no accountability.