Law Enforcement May Have To Be Privatized To Bring Balance

Milomann

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Yes, force legislation to leave it in the hands of vaguely informed voters. :yeshrug:

So, you prefer the current system?
While corporations are allowed to lobby politicians with donations, they will always be able to control the government. Privatization = Money. Money will attract corporations. A privatized police force will become a tool of corporations. It will be exponentially worse than the current system.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
WOAT idea.
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Honestly, If you're worried about corruption this shyt would make it ten times worse. Instead of policing being at least in ideal practice being a public service it will be motivated by bottom line profits.

Terrible idea.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
While corporations are allowed to lobby politicians with donations, they will always be able to control the government. Privatization = Money. Money will attract corporations. A privatized police force will become a tool of corporations. It will be exponentially worse than the current system.
Think of charter schools. A similar system. A fixed amount from municipalities' tax and some federal funding and the city decides on a contractor.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
a private police force would make policing for-profit.

meaning, arrests become incentivized by dollar amounts.

no.
The more arrests would mean higher costs to the contractors since a contract is fixed. Have the contract say the police accounting of a firm should strictly match their contracts. No outside money. So if they want to give arrest bonuses, better be in their proposal bids.

Milomann

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Think of charter schools. A similar system. A fixed amount from municipalities' tax and some federal funding and the city decides on a contractor.
The difference is, there is a lot of money to be made by private prisons using a captive workforce that are paid pennies. Corporations need to expand their bottom line year in year out. What limits private prisons is the number of inmates. If they can get more inmates, build more jails & farm out more cheap labor to other corporations for a fee, they are set to make a killing. If they could get their hands on a privatized police force to feed them more slaves, they would jump at the chance. Nothing would stop them from buying local councils, so that their corporation would be awarded the contract. :ufdup:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining

As opposed to the self policing unabashed racist law enforcement we have now?:jbhmm:

Interesting... could you explain how merely being corporate makes it a worse idea than the untouchable on camera murderers we employ now?

Will they swear an oath to uphold the Constitution....if not then what exactly is their mission statement

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
The difference is, there is a lot of money to be made by private prisons using a captive workforce that are paid pennies. Corporations need to expand their bottom line year in year out. What limits private prisons is the number of inmates. If they can get more inmates, build more jails & farm out more cheap labor to other corporations for a fee, they are set to make a killing. If they could get their hands on a privatized police force to feed them more slaves, they would jump at the chance. Nothing would stop them from buying local councils, so that their corporation would be awarded the contract. :ufdup:
So they'll pay local councils, offer competitive contracts, and have their officers hunt men to fund their prisons?

Sounds like a conflict of interest. People would be going to prison for a stunt like that.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
This long for a Robocop reference?

ocp.jpg
Can u imagine....dap +rep

cam>

All Star
Daps
The more arrests would mean higher costs to the contractors since a contract is fixed. Have the contract say the police accounting of a firm should strictly match their contracts. No outside money. So if they want to give arrest bonuses, better be in their proposal bids.

yknow how private prisons have guaranteed occupancy rates?

the state's administration could require guaranteed arrest quotas, in the case of private police.

so, for example, you've got a first term governor that wants to prove he's "tough on crime". his admin could unilaterally pick a number, and have the procured police force arrest that number of bodies.

the gov sets the terms for contract afterall.

we'd essentially have a police state, that would be out of the control of even the federal gov.

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
Scratch that. We need to form more militias to take care of our neighborhoods.... that's the way it was supposed to be back in the day but the older generation fukked that up with drugs and greed. Also, get all of these local cac's out of office where we have the majority and make sure the police force is a representation of the community. We need to be running running and policing our communities not them.

Milomann

Banned
Supporter
Daps
So they'll pay local councils, offer competitive contracts, and have their officers hunt men to fund their prisons?

Sounds like a conflict of interest. People would be going to prison for a stunt like that.
It will be done via donations & campaign funding. All totally legal but there will be strings attached.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
It will be done via donations & campaign funding. All totally legal but there will be strings attached.
I'm saying a corporation won't be able to run a prison and an LEA.