Law Enforcement May Have To Be Privatized To Bring Balance

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
I doubt that. Most are just collecting a check.

Privatizing would surely concede their power. I'm most concerned with citizens paying the salaries for people with no accountability.
Most are just collecting a cheek. The ones you need to worry about are thrill junkies and ex military.

Milomann

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Police would be incentivized to arrest the powerless through quotas, that link to monetary bonuses. With legislation such as 3 strike laws it would lead to more people being incarcerated for petty crimes ( There are so many laws on the books, they can charge you for just about anything, if they want to). Private prisons would lobby governments to make more things illegal. (In some places it's illegal to wear sagging pants already) & hey presto, they're in the money.:martin:

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Most are just collecting a cheek. The ones you need to worry about are thrill junkies and ex military.
But with it being privatized, I think contractors would be more eager to discipline to keep their contracts.

The major advantage is most LEOs aren't very skilled or versatile people and will concede to the changes. Most aren't going storm out and trailblaze corporate america. lol

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
Police would be incentivized to arrest the powerless through quotas, that link to monetary bonuses. With legislation such as 3 strike laws it would lead to more people being incarcerated for petty crimes ( There are so many laws on the books, they can charge you for just about anything, if they want to). Private prisons would lobby governments to make more things illegal. (In some places it's illegal to wear sagging pants already) & hey presto, they're in the money.:martin:
the contract would be a price constraint so they won't be able to just throw bonus around. Collusion can result in a company losing their contract.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
fukk no. Horrible idea. Private law enforcement=corporate gangs.

As opposed to the self policing unabashed racist law enforcement we have now?:jbhmm:

Interesting... could you explain how merely being corporate makes it a worse idea than the untouchable on camera murderers we employ now?

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are police even necessary? I don't think so. Here is a post from someone else who said it better:

Calling the police always results in the following sequence of events. 1. Wait 10 minutes. 2. Police arrive. 3. Original threat no longer exists. 4. Be inconvenienced for hours. 5. They do nothing to assist you. Optional 6: The police become a new worse threat.

and

Police cannot teleport to save you in the blink of an eye. You must defend yourself, or contract someone to assist you in defending yourself. It has always been this way.

Our solution to our cultural inability to properly provide our own security is to build a system of revenge. Disregard individual human life and instead let some of us die while hunting down and enacting revenge on enough murderers to give the perception that we are secure when we clearly are in fact not.

You see this is no different than the State not fixing a broken intersection until a certain number of deaths has already occurred. Let some die, then pick up the pieces later and claim that safety has been achieved.

Milomann

Banned
Supporter
Daps
the contract would be a price constraint so they won't be able to just throw bonus around. Collusion can result in a company losing their contract.
Politicians write the legislation. Politicians listen to lobbyists who cross their palms with silver. Corporations will corrupt the system to suit their own interests. Do you even take notice of how shyt is run? :usure:

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
This long for a Robocop reference?

ocp.jpg

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
Politicians write the legislation. Politicians listen to lobbyists who cross their palms with silver. Corporations will corrupt the system to suit their own interests. Do you even take notice of how shyt is run? :usure:
Yes, force legislation to leave it in the hands of vaguely informed voters. :yeshrug:

So, you prefer the current system?

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, force legislation to leave it in the hands of vaguely informed voters. :yeshrug:

So, you prefer the current system?

fukk the current system. Whenever a cop does something wrong we have to wait for the central government to step in and rectify the issue. But our government has become so bloated and largely inefficient. We don't need cops and should think more about self-defense. That's why the 2nd amendment is important.

Even if you have a crazy nut shooting up a movie theater or a shopping mall at least you'll have something to stop him. But nah let's call the cops and wait 10 minutes for them to arrive only to arrest/harass/fukk up the wrong person because of the color of their skin.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
fukk the current system. Whenever a cop does something wrong we have to wait for the central government to step in and rectify the issue. But our government has become so bloated and largely inefficient. We don't need cops and should think more about self-defense. That's why the 2nd amendment is important.

Even if you have a crazy nut shooting up a movie theater or a shopping mall at least you'll have something to stop him. But nah let's call the cops and wait 10 minutes for them to arrive only to arrest/harass/fukk up the wrong person because of the color of their skin.
All true but police became the necessary service for people who aren't on that at all. People need a false sense of safety. Police purposely wait for the shooting to stop than go to protect and save civilians. Doesn't matter their skin complexion.