Lets be real, Blake Griffin's career as we know it is over

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
If that's not the clear sign of franchise being cursed then I dont know what the hell is

They rushed blake to get back on the court for that warriors series and they ended up losing both of the main players for the playoffs. They had a realistic chance of making it to the conference finals with curry missing and then that shyt happened in one day.

This team is a dumpster, they been destroying careers like elton brand, braon davis and so on. Why put blake on the court so early? Why did they play him at the end of season? Couldn't they wait for a few more weeks? CLippers without blake would have won against blazers/grizzlies/mavs, they knew before letting blake play that grizzlies were finished with d league players, they knew that mavericks were missing their pieces, so why did they let him play? To shake that so called rust off? I mean holly shyt blake looked like he was playing through pain.
This is bullsh*t

ade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this reminds me of c-webb and amare so blake will be fine. he just needs to take his time to recover instead of rushing back. if the clippers trade him out east then he'll be a top 5 player out there and probably the best PF.

It sucks that all these uber athletic guys always go out like this. Amare used to be so much fun to watch :mjcry:

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches

He chose to play.. He was trying to make it up to everybody for punching the equipment manager and breaking his hand

No medical staff should have cleared him in the first place. Its lunacy. His trade value is probably sh1t now. I feel for him, he deserves a fresh start. The curse is too strong

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
No medical staff should have cleared him in the first place. Its lunacy. His trade value is probably sh1t now. I feel for him, he deserves a fresh start. The curse is too strong
Now I'm all for a new training staff but I remember there was a long delay for him coming back.. It was like two weeks left in the season and I thought he was going to shut it down and not return. There were even rumors that his hand didn't heal right and they used the quad injury beacause the fans would except that as opposed to the hand/fight incident. Even when he first broke his hand the Clippers were scared sh*tless to report what happened until like two days later when they had no choice. Blake was even hiding out for like 2 months after the broken hand. That whole situation with him has been a mess on everyone's part the entire season. I think he came back on his own breh.. trying to restore his image after breaking his hand in the fight with Testis. Its always a grey area with players wanting to play and fight through and injury. And whether they should've shut it down or suck it up and play. Its always a gamble

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
:ehhhh:
Nah breh. I actually do respect the work he has put in adding to his game. I wouldnt call him skilled per se, but he has most definitely added elements to his game that allows more dimensions when he honestly didnt need to because he was pretty hard to stop doing what came natural to him already.

probably the most reasoned assessment in this thread. And Blake alone isn't gonna carry you to the chip, but he's a helluva piece. Now as others have said, he just has to continue to enhance his skills.

It sucks that all these uber athletic guys always go out like this. Amare used to be so much fun to watch :mjcry:

shyt was tragic man. :to:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
That does seem to be where he was pointing :francis:

But how many people tear that tendon? Seems a lot more serious than theyre letting on.

i might be off on this and its hella random but didnt triple H tear his quad at one point and almost ended his career? that rehab gotta be hard as fukk :sadcam:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
I do agree that he has some form of degenerative knee issue that going forward can only be managed. However Blake has shown to be a skilled enough player that he can reinvent himself so I still think he can be a top 15 guy in the league...maybe even top 10...just not as explosive...

Everybody get's hype about his dunks and athleticism but he has been relying on those things less and less ever year...

When the Celtics give that godfarther offer of picks for him in the off season I think the Clippers might be forced to take it no matter how this season turns out for them...

Curry
Anthony Davis
Lebron
D-Wade
Carmelo Anthony
Chris Paul
Kawhi Leonard
Russell Westbrook
James Harden
Damien Lillard

And personally I'd take these guys over Blake:

Isaiah Thomas (the rookie)
Kevin Love
Derrick Rose
Zack Randolph
Both Gasol bothers

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Curry
Anthony Davis
Lebron
D-Wade
Carmelo Anthony
Chris Paul
Kawhi Leonard
Russell Westbrook
James Harden
Damien Lillard

Kevin Love
Derrick Rose
Zack Randolph
Both Gasol bothers

This is a joke post right :dahellwhat:

You do know it's 2016 right :dahellwhat:

In 2016 you would take Zack fukking Randolph over Blake Griffin:dahellwhat:

I saw Kawhi Leonard snatch a Zbo layup out the air with one hand when they played memphis...

You would take either one of the Gasol's over Blake Griffin...right now...in 2016...

One is at the end of his career and one broke his fukking foot...but you telling me you take him over Blake...in 2016:dahellwhat:

Daps
Curry
Anthony Davis
Lebron
D-Wade
Carmelo Anthony
Chris Paul
Kawhi Leonard
Russell Westbrook
James Harden
Damien Lillard

Kevin Love
Derrick Rose
Zack Randolph
Both Gasol bothers
2016 Derrick Rose over blake breh? And Zack Randolph? I don't even like Blake like that but damn I feel disrespected for him