Let's Talk About NFL salaries AGAIN

Should players organize a lock out at the next CBA?

• Total voters

Gizza

Can’t find a job, YOU can rap at least
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
In light of IK throwing away his $600 G's salary, I been thinking. Someone who's a unknown boxer unless you live in Mexico or follow boxing word to my #TheRing brehs. Gets a guaranteed purse of $700K fighting 2-3 times a year, on Floyd's PPV or Showtime against sparring partners no joke. Purses for Stiverne-Wilder card: Stiverne 910k, Wilder 1M, Santa Cruz 750k, Ruiz 50k
Second year NBA players minimum salary starts at 874K NBA - CBA Minimum Annual Salary Scale - RealGM

So why don't NFL players have a real lock out? We saw how terrible replacement refs were. The arguement of CFL & AFL players as stand ins doesn't work seeing how they barely get ratings & money not as luxurious. Can you imagine players sitting out 8-10 regular season games? :banderas:

People cried about Kobe getting 48 million for 2 yrs & saying "fuk a pay cut." Now you have fringe talented players like TT or Deandre Jordan getting hunnid mils :wow: in guaranteed cash. Players like Agent Zero & Rashard Lewis still getting paid off those horrible contracts.

I don't get it these NFL players tweeting mad as hell but won't fight for the money they deserve. Get CT & cut for "cap space" while getting underpaid by market value.

Gizza

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
There are unguaranteed deals in the NBA, great players just don't sign 'em.

It needs to start with the talent saying fukk your team option, which is essentially what the 40 mil in a 100 mil(60 guaranteed) deal is

Why don't big name players like Dez & others say fuk it? Players like Oscar paved the way for Jordan then for Bean & now future superstar players will make those contracts look bad(not counting inflation)

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
Why don't big name players like Dez & others say fuk it? Players like Oscar paved the way for Jordan then for Bean & now future superstar players will make those contracts look bad(not counting inflation)
I dunno breh, it's like the agents walk in and are just happy to quote a big figure to the media to look good

GhostoftheMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Straight Outta Homeworld
some of these lower level players wouldn't be able to survive a real lock out like the nba. nfl owners could just wait them out while the bottom tier players start to starve and give up by next season. nobody wants to work for the future

:yeshrug:

Gizza

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
Smmfh so it comes down to no conviction for the future? :mjlol: only in the NFL