UIx8OSl.jpg

BDFmW26.jpg

Moody

Faroole ii geeya
Daps
Reppin
Puntland
I actually have a few questions about the Igbo language

What is its closest language to it outside the igboid sphere? I know the people of Benin speak a volta language as well (edi or something like that).

Is there any language not immediately linked to Igbo that is similar enough to fully or partially comprehend without understand the loan words.

Sorry if that comes off ignorant I know little of the West African language groups and only starting to learn.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
I actually have a few questions about the Igbo language

What is its closest language to it outside the igboid sphere? I know the people of Benin speak a volta language as well (edi or something like that).

Is there any language not immediately linked to Igbo that is similar enough to fully or partially comprehend without understand the loan words.

Sorry if that comes off ignorant I know little of the West African language groups and only starting to learn.

Igbo is related to what is called the 'Volta-Niger' languages. Those languages include: Yoruba, Ewe, Nupe, Igala, Fon and Bini (Edo).

I know there are some words in Yoruba and Igbo which are the same or phonetically sound the same.

Ekpeye and Ukwuani are considered Igboid languages