Life lessons that took you too long to figure out

jay83

Superstar
Daps
This is great advice, but I wouldn’t say “never” argue in the workplace. You have to stand up for yourself and speak your mind. We just need to be wise and calm about it.
:yeshrug:

fukk that timid, docile and passive negro type shyt. You can argue and disagree respectfully and rationally.

Twice a year I go off on my racist coworkers. It’s a perfect balance. They know I can take it there but also know I’m not a hot head.
:yeshrug:

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can never know enough about anything or know anybody too well including yourself. I learned that last year. I was so sure I knew who I was that this whole time I'm looking down on other people when I have the same issues they do. I just learned to mask it better than most and this pandemic/quarantine brought it out because I couldn't cover it up. In fact, what I'm about to do has a lot to do with made me seek out help. I was so programmed to be in a routine that I wasnt even thinking that something was off. My whole life, who I've been was who I've been even when i tried not to be if that makes sense. I dont know what it is or if I do something but people just automatically sense that I'm weird or different or at least that's how I usually feel. Why that is? I dont know. And that's what made me realize something wasnt right. Plus I was self medicating with weed though I already had a love for it as I love its effects. I would say weed basically led me to my journey where it made me open my eyes even wider. Like I had an epiphany about racism and it terrified me for real. Like people really are THAT bored they will come up with pointless meaningless shyt in order to have something to talk about. It just made sense to me that racism made no sense. It was like someone with no purpose in their life trying to desperately look for anything to make their existence valid. Even creating meaningless fights over nothing. They would pick a fight with the dirt if if meant saying they feel the need to desperate make themselves be something special where they will use anything and to compare themselves to giving that anything value. This is why low self esteem and not being able to manage self insecurity is dangerous. The things that people have done to overcome that shyt usually come at the price of destroying other people. This is why its never a good idea at flaunting your success in front of other people. You do not know if there is someone in your circle or around you by promixity who could be going through bad times. Here you are showing off your pay raise and I could have only 3 dollars in my bank account starving. Plus I could be one of those guys feeling a certain way about society or feeling alienated, dealing with stress, past trauma, neglect and other shyt and you are basically having the exact opposite going for you. You really gonna be foolish to think there wouldn't be some sort of jealousy or envy there? As much as people try to front like they arent like that especially men, it's quite common. i feel that people bottle those feelings up and that leads to them subconsciously getting themselves in some shyt to compensate for those feelings.

A lot of us need to be aware that we are programmed and that could play a major role on how you view yourself and life. Had I not found out and kept myself on that "I'm happier not knowing" shyt, I would probably still be completely clueless. I knew something wasnt right with me for a long time and now shyt makes sense. Now I can have an idea of where to start fixing my life because it's a mess.

Last edited:

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
That the woman who gave birth to me is just as flawed, with zero accountability and confused as the same women I see on a daily basis and to stop putting her on a pedestal.

:francis:
THIS. As a man once you realize your own mother is just as crazy/entitled /bytchy/dumb /unaccountable as any chick you've ever been with, you've not truly grown as a man.
Lots of guys think their mom and sisters are "different" :francis:

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
Underrated nugget of wisdom.....
Yip. THIS.

And this is THE main reason I never EVER count how long I've been with a woman.
It doesn't matter, you could have 5 very stable years and then when something real happens she shows you how she is under pressure.
I learnt this lesson the hard way.

There are some gems in this thread but THIS is it.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
THIS. As a man once you realize your own mother is just as crazy/entitled /bytchy/dumb /unaccountable as any chick you've ever been with, you've not truly grown as a man.
Lots of guys think their mom and sisters are "different" :francis:
Yeah, that shyt hit hard when it finally sank in. Cussed my own mother out last year over the phone because of her terrible decision making skills. Been keeping her at arms length ever since cause I realized keeping her close isn't optimal for my mental health.

Sucks but loving family members from a far distance is necessary at times.