Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
This thread will be revisited when the Fakers put out a lineup of

Ball
Caldwell-Pope
Stephenson
Kuzmam
James
Lamo they have like 24 Small Forwards on the roster rn. They're going to get fukking roasted on the boards if they try to run the team as-is.

To answer the OP's question the 2015 Finals with Cleveland running out Kyrie, Shump, LeBron, Thompson, Mozgov.

I know Love was hurt but fukk me that spacing is HORRENDOUS. The crazy thing was that we actually had to adjust to size on the boards that they had which spawned the SBDS (pre-championship W's fans know what that is).

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Lamo they have like 24 Small Forwards on the roster rn. They're going to get fukking roasted on the boards if they try to run the team as-is.

To answer the OP's question the 2015 Finals with Cleveland running out Kyrie, Shump, LeBron, Thompson, Mozgov.

I know Love was hurt but fukk me that spacing is HORRENDOUS. The crazy thing was that we actually had to adjust to size on the boards that they had which spawned the SBDS (pre-championship W's fans know what that is).

How about when Kyrie got hurt, and Delly entered the starting lineup? Spacing got even worse.

2011 was really bad too.

Bibby
Wade
LeBron
Bosh
Joel Anthony

Bosh and Wade hadn't started hitting threes yet, Bibby was too old to hit threes anymore, LeBron wasn't elite from distance yet, and Joel Anthony wasn't even guarded.

Starting lineup only hit 21 threes over the entire six-game series, and nearly half of those were LeBron.

OKC Thunder starting Kendrick Perkins
Perkins is a prototypical 6'10" 270lb center who was only 27 and had been essential to Boston's contending teams for four straight years. What's so weird about OKC slotting him in there? He was the weak link, but it's not like they had any better centers on the roster and small-ball wasn't a well-established thing yet.

Ball
Caldwell-Pope
Stephenson
Kuzmam
James

That's not really any different than the Warriors' death lineups.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Late 90s early 00s was trash best era is 89-94 up until MJ retired
Hard for me to buy that's the best era when four expansion teams got added in 1988 and 1989 and diluted out the talent. Add in the big 1980s stars retiring (Kareem, Bird, Magic) or fading due to age or injury (Isaiah Thomas, Kevin McHale, Moses Malone) and the case for that era gets even weaker.

By 1992 Chris Mullin and Clyde Drexler were 1st-team All-NBA, and in 1993 you had Mark Price as 1st-team All-NBA and Larry Johnson as 2nd-team. The 1992 Blazers made the Finals and nearly took the Bulls to 7 even though their starting lineup had no interior scorers, no rim protectors, and only averaged 3 threes a game. (The team was even worse in the Finals, only shooting 10-52 from three for a six-game series). Hard to claim that was the "best era."

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
How about when Kyrie got hurt, and Delly entered the starting lineup? Spacing got even worse.

2011 was really bad too.

Bibby
Wade
LeBron
Bosh
Joel Anthony

Bosh and Wade hadn't started hitting threes yet, Bibby was too old to hit threes anymore, LeBron wasn't elite from distance yet, and Joel Anthony wasn't even guarded.

Starting lineup only hit 21 threes over the entire six-game series, and nearly half of those were LeBron.

I'm on my stan shyt right now but Steph Curry (and to a lesset extent Klay Thompson) basically singlehandedly changed how high-level basketball is played. It will be interesting to see if things correct themselves once he is no longer dominant or if the League will spend 15 years looking for his replacement like they did Mike.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

Ball
Caldwell-Pope
Stephenson
Kuzmam
James
I’m looking forward to it. Ingram will be playing over Stephenson by the way.

While, undersized in height this line-up has good length, speed, multiple playmakers, shooting, and just players with versatility in general.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
The 1998 Western Conference Semifinals was completely mind-boggling in terms of the lineups the two teams used.

Spurs

C: Will Perdue
PF: David Robinson
SF: Tim Duncan
SG: Jaren Jackson
PG: Avery Johnson

That's for real. The Spurs started three 7-footers who could have all played center, simultaneously. And it wasn't one fluke series - they had used the same lineup for half of their 1st-round series and in 21 regular season games that year.

Jazz

C: Greg Foster
PF: Karl Malone
SF: Adam Keefe
SG: Jeff Hornacek
PG: John Stockton
Only in the dead ball (late 90’s, early 00’s) era would you see these type of line-ups. :scust:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
KD Dray and DMC will all almost be the same height
No they ain't, Draymond is only 6'7".

Cousins is an active and physically typical center, Draymond is an active and physically typical power forward, and Durant is a very athletic and active SF who just happens to be tall. That ain't anything like a dead-ball-era lineup starting Purdue/Robinson/Duncan or Ostertag/Malone/Keefe.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Hard for me to buy that's the best era when four expansion teams got added in 1988 and 1989 and diluted out the talent. Add in the big 1980s stars retiring (Kareem, Bird, Magic) or fading due to age or injury (Isaiah Thomas, Kevin McHale, Moses Malone) and the case for that era gets even weaker.

By 1992 Chris Mullin and Clyde Drexler were 1st-team All-NBA, and in 1993 you had Mark Price as 1st-team All-NBA and Larry Johnson as 2nd-team. The 1992 Blazers made the Finals and nearly took the Bulls to 7 even though their starting lineup had no interior scorers, no rim protectors, and only averaged 3 threes a game. (The team was even worse in the Finals, only shooting 10-52 from three for a six-game series). Hard to claim that was the "best era."

That Blazers team is a modern day team. They played closer to the style we play minus the three pointers. Clyde was a top 10 player, with a deep ass team and very experienced.