Looking back on it... The Blueprint 3 was kinda slept on

Daps
this album was pretty bad. i played ob4cl2 everyday for like 3 months and i listened to this album maybe 5 times. a lot of these songs are pretty corny.
when DOA came out i was expecting something great. some frank sinatra grown man shyt similar to AG but with more big band sounding raw shyt. it was the exact opposite..
all of these beats are outdated and his pen was game was weak.

i enjoyed WTT and MCHG had some moments but i think he needs to make an album in the vein of DOA, Otis, and the joy.
basically his own "life is good"
there is nothing wrong with being grown and making grown shyt.
what KC should've been.

Daps
this album was pretty bad. i played ob4cl2 everyday for like 3 months and i listened to this album maybe 5 times. a lot of these songs are pretty corny.
when DOA came out i was expecting something great. some frank sinatra grown man shyt similar to AG but with more big band sounding raw shyt. it was the exact opposite..
all of these beats are outdated and his pen was game was weak.

i enjoyed WTT and MCHG had some moments but i think he needs to make an album in the vein of DOA, Otis, and the joy.
basically his own "life is good"
there is nothing wrong with being grown and making grown shyt.
what KC should've been.
Jay tried to grow up on KC and the album was shytted on

Daps

a bad album is still a bad album. the people weren't ready for that at the time and neither was jay. it felt like a he put minimal effort into that album and considering how good AG was it was obvious he still had something left in the tank

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I think that him "trying" to grow up was the problem. "30 Something" is an example of how he contradicted growth. That's been the problem with his last two albums. Instead of embracing growth and age, he's been on a crusade to kill current trends instead of setting new ones.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah I slept on it...nodded off and then woke up like oh shyt...put it back in the case and put it back on the shelf

DJ Mart-Kos

All Star
Daps
Kingdom Come is better than American Gangster though. Put the best songs of Kingdom Come against American Gangster and you'll see.
I think Jay's best song since he came back is still to this day "Lost Ones".

Illmagic

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AG had bars but the production was off. I still bump Beirut Gangster :ohlawd:

ESOM is good money but RTT was just cheesy. Even if u count it tho 2 hot songs over 1 whole abum sounds like basura to me.

I love AG. I bump it more than the blueprint. I've heard about Beirut Gangster but i never heard it. Is it worth checking out? Couldn't find it you youtube

Daps
I think that him "trying" to grow up was the problem. "30 Something" is an example of how he contradicted growth. That's been the problem with his last two albums. Instead of embracing growth and age, he's been on a crusade to kill current trends instead of setting new ones.
Fair enough.

He's still been able to remain a big name even years removed from his prime and he doesn't have anything to prove anymore :yeshrug: doesn't excuse the fact MCHG was trash outside of 3 songs tho

phatphuck

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
when i play the black album, bp1 and rd i play it from start to finish

when i play bp3 i skim through it cuz i dont listen to it

Daps
Looking back, Cuban Linx 2 was slept on and this huff ass album was overrated.
Cuban Linx was definitely slept on to a certain extent. 3rd best album that year behind The Ecstatic and MOTM1. Not counting all the mixtapes released that year ofc