Lori Harvey Explains Why She Dates on Her 'Terms': 'I Almost Got Married Very Young'

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
michael-b-jordan-sad.gif
I would’ve ridden that one into the sunset, though :takedat:

dr. pill biden

All Star
Daps
What you originally said is just dumb as hell
Lmao and while I agree to be in a committed relationship that the other person thinks it is when you don't view it that way is unnecessary and the father son shyt weird you don't have to be alone in order to grow and there’s plenty of people out here it ain’t the end of the world if somebody doesn’t want to be in a committed relationship with someone who is seemingly a good person at a young age. Life and happiness and peace isn’t all about relationships.
all that sounds good but to think that a 50 year old jada smith mindset (mental illness) doesn’t stem from the same type of thinking in a 25 year old hoe phase mindset you buggin. young girls play with fire with that well im just doing me shyt because she building bad habits thats gonna tear down her own home if and when that time do come. it all starts from somewhere. MBJ is just another nikka in the long string of nikkaz its not like this is just a one off thing. just because a lot of women are moving like that don’t make it not a bad decision.

if you feel like you don’t find happiness and peace in relationships then fine do that be single and stop fukkin all around town. but mfs are selfish and undisciplined and wanna have it both ways

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
She’s only 25 years old.

Why settle down when you’re at that prime age ?

Have fun young lady and don’t let no old nikka take you out the game early

25 isn't exactly young for a woman. Time flies like quick. She got 2 year tops. She's age 27, figure two years for relationship, then kids at 29.

25 is pushing it fertility wise. And then you gotta think what prime man wants a 27 yr old?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
You’re right, but this is a cultural issue. If you sit in these Black households people aren’t TELLING their daughters this stuff. White & Asian parents tell you to go find a guy in an engineering program. Black parents tell you to be the engineer and not to get serious about a man until you have your own finances figured out because you shouldn’t depend on a man.

When I realized no one GAF about my major and career and kept telling me I’d make pretty kids I felt duped. Even men in my fam told me to “shoot for the big bucks”. I looked at the housewives in my family like “Hold up, none of them had to do that” LOL
The men with housewives were more concerned with my cooking skills, the men with career-wives or moms with high powered careers told me to ignore guys and keep my head in my books.

I literally have female cousins who are dentists, in finance, directors in non-profits, etc who are unmarried and the similarity is EVERYONE was told to forget guys until they had their finances in order. No hoing around, bad reputations, kids oow (well, 2 out of everyone), etc.

We have to actually guide daughters to marriage and teach them that there are other families raising sons who will be ready to take care of a family.

Lori is a different case all together. Beautiful rich girls play a different game.

This isn't what the data says though. According to census and Pew data, "high value" men marry high value women. If you're a doctor making 100k, you're more likely to marry a lawyer/attorney/engineer making similar money than an unemployed woman looking to be somebody's SAHM. That's simply not what most well off guys want.

Economically it's called assortative mating. When I go to our corporate Christmas party and talk to my bosses/CEO/etc, they're all married to women who make six figures. Their children are enrolled in every after-school sport or program imaginable. They're involved in social clubs where job status determines whether you get in or not. They're doing everything possible to ensure their kids go to the best possible university at 18. I'm not saying you can't find a doctor, lawyer, etc whose wife doesn't work or has a minor job. My dad is in the medical field and makes six figures, and my mom didn't work when I was a kid. I understand these couples exist, my point is that they are not the norm.

The issue isn't black parents raising their daughters to be high value women. The problem is they aren't raising their sons to be high value men. So when black women reach that success point at 28-30 they look around and don't see many black men at the same level. This isn't an exclusive black thing either. A lot of culture coddle their boys while being harder on the girls and it's generating a lot of men who cannot operate in the modern world.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
This isn't what the data says though. According to census and Pew data, "high value" men marry high value women. If you're a doctor making 100k, you're more likely to marry a lawyer/attorney/engineer making similar money than an unemployed woman looking to be somebody's SAHM. That's simply not what most well off guys want.

Economically it's called assortative mating. When I go to our corporate Christmas party and talk to my bosses/CEO/etc, they're all married to women who make six figures. Their children are enrolled in every after-school sport or program imaginable. They're involved in social clubs where job status determines whether you get in or not. They're doing everything possible to ensure their kids go to the best possible university at 18. I'm not saying you can't find a doctor, lawyer, etc whose wife doesn't work or has a minor job. My dad is in the medical field and makes six figures, and my mom didn't work when I was a kid. I understand these couples exist, my point is that they are not the norm.

The issue isn't black parents raising their daughters to be high value women. The problem is they aren't raising their sons to be high value men. So when black women reach that success point at 28-30 they look around and don't see many black men at the same level. This isn't an exclusive black thing either. A lot of culture coddle their boys while being harder on the girls and it's generating a lot of men who cannot operate in the modern world.
And I COMPLETELY agree and appreciate you saying that, because very few brehs on here want to admit this.

What I will say, though, is that if you’re a pretty Black girl, you do have guys who are serious about locking you down. But if you still don’t have a family that teaches you WHEN to cash out, you can get in trouble.

I’ll be honest, my family didn’t really stress me because of my looks. The only time my family REALLY stresses me is if I gain some weight :bryan:because deep down they feel like my face is my calling card (of course knowing how to keep a home, cook, etc). But I also come from a very supportive family, so my stress level would literally be 0 if I didn’t have a mom who is…a handful.

But our girls still aren’t being taught when to get married. There’s a conversation that isn’t happening in our households with daughters AND sons. I can admit that. The difference is sons grow into men who can do what they want as long as they are successful. We can’t actually have kids forever, so if we want that, we need families who help guide us to “having it all”, but at different times in life.
It’s different for us, but people don’t want to say that.

That being said, yea, in other racial/ethnic groups there are more men ready for family life by 28/30. We aren’t getting the bulk of our guys out of trade school, uni, etc and prepared to take a wife. In other cultures it’s understood you need a wife/family to be seen as a responsible man in society.

Culturally, we’re like 10 years behind everyone else.

Marti

Tete status
Daps
Reppin
25 isn't exactly young for a woman. Time flies like quick. She got 2 year tops. She's age 27, figure two years for relationship, then kids at 29.

25 is pushing it fertility wise. And then you gotta think what prime man wants a 27 yr old?
I keep forgetting that I’m apart of the real world and this is a superficial website full of nikkas that don’t go outside.

Let me excuse myself from this thread

Y’all so miserable on here

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I keep forgetting that I’m apart of the real world and this is a superficial website full of nikkas that don’t go outside.

Let me excuse myself from this thread

Y’all so miserable on here

That's basic biology speaking breh, I didn't make the rules:mjlol:

And why would you date a 27 yr old woman when you have access to 22 -25 yr olds?:wtf: And then you know kids are on the table when you might not be ready? Y'all gotta get it together man:russ:

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
The way she moves with men are analyzed because she rarely talks in public. I guess the fascination with her comes in the way she's able to cut these dudes loose and not be fazed by it.
Exactly

All the pretty industry women can't wait to get on a show or podcast interview and do tell alls about the men they've been with
It made me understand why male celebs cycle through the same women. The women are verified and aren't looking to mess up the bag

Socialites socialize without putting everybody's business out. Now millionaires gotta tell these girls to turn their phones off before entering the mansion party

I respected her brand. No gossip, no reality show, no quotes, no scandal, just random pictures at villas, exclusive scenes, and mega yachts with A list only.

She was with Trey, Diddy, Diddy's son, Future and others. But never heard a peep from her. Wealthy family and hangs with the famous.
It made her stand out from all the women that babble on and on about who they've been with. like who is this woman? she's not even trying to get the spotlight at all

By the time she had an interview I said "oh shyt it speaks"

But now she's like all the rest of em

Last edited:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She’s basically saying she’s selfish.

She doesn’t know the concept of being in a partnership. She likes the idea of a relationship and the comforts/perks that comes with it. But she doesn’t want to work and/or sacrifice to ensure a long lasting/healthy survival

Not neccessarily in my opinion. A problem I suffered from in my youth was being gifted too many good women:wow:. Had me believing good women grow on trees,so I was in no rush to settle down. I assumed I could just keep dating and fukking for recreation. And when the time was right,Ms Right would fall right in my lap.

But by the time I was ready to settle down and hang up my fishing rod. I was shook to find out it aint that easy after all. She will find out like most women,hopefully it wont be too late for her.