"Love & Hip-Hop" star Mo Fayne gets 17 years in prison for PPP loan fraud

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This chick I know who is my boy’s ex got $20k off the PPP shyt. Her name is on a PPP lookup site. This chick used to do eyebrows and waxes at a spa in the area. She has since quit that job.

the site says her “business” as one employee with an average salary of $99,994 a year :mjlol:

Can't wait for the update :mjlol:

at least 20 racks is reasonable to pay back after plea coppin.

4 milly? nikka please :mjlol:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
:comeon:

Nah…that isn’t going to fly. This is a simple example of “fukk around, and find out.”. It’s as simple as that. See below.
:yeshrug:

:mjlol:
I don’t give a fukk about what he’s “facing”, let me know how long he gets sent to jail for, if at all.

Deceptive headlines were designed to fool dummies like you.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
They're making an example of him. That's too much time. Manslaughter charges carry less time. Shows you what's valuable in this country. Money over everything. You can sexually assault a kid and get less time. It's ridiculous.

The people that stormed the capital building are getting less time. This country and government is trash.
Exactly, amber guyger walked into botham jeans apartment and blew his brains out while he was watching tv and eating ice cream in his own living room and she got 10 years and will serve half of that. 17 years for ppp loan fraud is insane.

The white men who caused the Great Recession of 2008 which almost crashed the entire worlds financial system didnt spend a day in prison. Instead they got rewarded with taxpayer money so they could get bonuses and million dollar payouts. A black man streals 4 million and gets 17 years. This country is a joke.

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
Exactly, amber guyger walked into botham jeans apartment and blew his brains out while he was watching tv and eating ice cream in his own living room and she got 10 years and will serve half of that. 17 years for ppp loan fraud is insane.

The white men who caused the Great Recession of 2008 which almost crashed the entire worlds financial system didnt spend a day in prison. Instead they got rewarded with taxpayer money so they could get bonuses and million dollar payouts. A black man streals 4 million and gets 17 years. This country is a joke.
The so called judge needs to be called out and that sentence needs an immediate reduction

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Seems like another case that needs to be thrown out

210 months 17 years that is bit much

Why ain't yall protesting the judge?
If the judge already released a final judgement, "protesting" them won't and can't do anything to change the decision.

It's up to an appellate judge to reduce or maintain the current sentence.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sounds like prosecurtorual misconduct
The judge and lawyer should be tried and held in contempt of court
It is excessive and extreme forms of punishment
You didn't read the article did you?

The prosecutor gave him a plea deal and dropped a dozen of the charges. The judge chose to increase his sentence unilaterally, in a refutation of the plea deal between the prosecutor and Fayne's lawyer.

You also can't "try and hold" a prosecutor and a judge in "contempt of court" for working within the firmly established bounds of their job.

While the sentence certainly is excessive in my eyes, I don't think there's merit to it being "an excessive and extreme form of punishment" in any court in the U.S.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also, from the indictment:
According to information obtained from the jewelry store, Fayne paid a total of $85,065 (including the $84,000 wire transfer and a cash payment of $1,065) for three pieces of jewelry, specifically: (1) one custom-made 18- karat Rolex 41mm Presidential watch, serial number 5636S3S8, with diamonds, which sold for $52,000; (2) one 10-karat custom-made Cuban bracelet with 34.75 carats of diamonds, which sold for $24,500; and (3) one 14-karat custom-made ring with 5.73 carats of diamonds, which sold for $3,750.

They attached a pic from IG of him wearing it too :dead:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nobody was telling people to do PPP, you could apply for the SBA grant which don't buy out but its cats out at like 150k

PPP is for people with employees, so you can afford to stay in business and pay your employees

that's why he gettin 17 years, he stole millions of dollars from the government,

he would've did the EDIL grant he would've been straight but that's not enough for these nikkaz

All he had to do was run the business he said he had on the app put his entire family on payroll and pay them a salary, but he ain't wanna break bread with nobody else, these nikkaz is just dumb, they getting into shyt they have no clue about and do it half assed

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Yo. No way. My man should come to Lagos breh. Forget your old life. They not gon extradite you for this. 17 years?!?!?! My guy was actually still trying to cover the child support too, paid that off before the rolls and jewels. whattaguy. This a good guy at heart. Dont play yourself. Start afresh in Africa. Its all good. You tried. You wanted it all and got too greedy. They caught you slippin. Come lets do some farming breh.:dame: