Low key though: The fantastic four is a garbage group, their origin sucks, and marvel should kill em

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I've been avoiding this thread like the plague since the very premise was so asinine it hurt my head but I'll play ball for a little bit since I see a lot of recklessness here.

Complaining about characters created in the 60s for having outdated origins and powers sounds like "no shyt, Sherlock" to me. Maybe you want to remember this is the same era that gave us such complex origins such as... teenager gets bitten by radioactive spider and scientist gets hit by radioactive gamma wave. That shyt is all outdated because it's 2015 and the fear of the atom bomb and nuclear power doesn't exist anymore. Besides, all their powers are tied to their personalities. Reed is stretching because he's always trying to reach new scientific boundaries, Sue is invincible because she is a neglected housewife, Johnny is on fire because he's a hot head, The Thing is a rock because he's one of those hard on the outside kinda guys (but soft on the inside).

Anyway, they're superpowered explorers/scientists, not superheroes. Sure, they save the world on occasion and all, but primarily the essence of their stories are that they discover new worlds and cross scientific boundaries and you can marvel in the high concept scifi stuff. That's why Hickman's recent run is one of the GOAT runs because he got that and did that from the start. Plus besides him there aren't too many writers who can pull off that high concept scifi stuff effortlessly.

Saying they're not worthy of their foe is hilarious because it's Doom who always has to involve the FF in his plans or calls them out, because he considers Richards his only worthy foe, the one person he has to prove himself superior to. They probably would barely bother with him at all if he wasn't constantly knocking on their door to involve them in the event that surely will prove his superiority once and for all.

Their children are more compelling than they are because they're new characters that can be taken into many directions, since most writers (shytty ones especially) are scared of trying new stuff to the core members and just keep them running in circles (similar to how nobody bothers to evolve Hank Pym and just keep going back to the "You hit your wife once 40 years ago but still feel guilty about it all the damn time" plot). That's a writing problem, not a character problem, and it's another reason Hickman's run is GOAT because he pushed them to new things.

And I'd say the most interesting thing they've done to Reed recently (his wife flirting with Namor isn't recent, that goes back decades) is when Hickman made him the only Reed Richards in the entire multiverse who wouldn't sacrifice his family over the advancement of scientific discovery, which emphasizes that for all his 'neglect', he still cares for them deeply (btw, that's Hickman again).

Regarding their names btw, they didn't call themselves that. It's the media who named them. Even in the field they always address each other by their first names. In fact, nobody that actually knows them calls Ben "The Thing", they just call him Ben.

But don't let a lack of knowledge of the characters, their history and their stories get in the way of all the shock posting. :sas2:
Which issues of the F4 you talking bout. I'm interested in picking them up.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I've been avoiding this thread like the plague since the very premise was so asinine it hurt my head but I'll play ball for a little bit since I see a lot of recklessness here.

Complaining about characters created in the 60s for having outdated origins and powers sounds like "no shyt, Sherlock" to me. Maybe you want to remember this is the same era that gave us such complex origins such as... teenager gets bitten by radioactive spider and scientist gets hit by radioactive gamma wave. That shyt is all outdated because it's 2015 and the fear of the atom bomb and nuclear power doesn't exist anymore. Besides, all their powers are tied to their personalities. Reed is stretching because he's always trying to reach new scientific boundaries, Sue is invincible because she is a neglected housewife, Johnny is on fire because he's a hot head, The Thing is a rock because he's one of those hard on the outside kinda guys (but soft on the inside).

Anyway, they're superpowered explorers/scientists, not superheroes. Sure, they save the world on occasion and all, but primarily the essence of their stories are that they discover new worlds and cross scientific boundaries and you can marvel in the high concept scifi stuff. That's why Hickman's recent run is one of the GOAT runs because he got that and did that from the start. Plus besides him there aren't too many writers who can pull off that high concept scifi stuff effortlessly.

Saying they're not worthy of their foe is hilarious because it's Doom who always has to involve the FF in his plans or calls them out, because he considers Richards his only worthy foe, the one person he has to prove himself superior to. They probably would barely bother with him at all if he wasn't constantly knocking on their door to involve them in the event that surely will prove his superiority once and for all.

Their children are more compelling than they are because they're new characters that can be taken into many directions, since most writers (shytty ones especially) are scared of trying new stuff to the core members and just keep them running in circles (similar to how nobody bothers to evolve Hank Pym and just keep going back to the "You hit your wife once 40 years ago but still feel guilty about it all the damn time" plot). That's a writing problem, not a character problem, and it's another reason Hickman's run is GOAT because he pushed them to new things.

And I'd say the most interesting thing they've done to Reed recently (his wife flirting with Namor isn't recent, that goes back decades) is when Hickman made him the only Reed Richards in the entire multiverse who wouldn't sacrifice his family over the advancement of scientific discovery, which emphasizes that for all his 'neglect', he still cares for them deeply (btw, that's Hickman again).

Regarding their names btw, they didn't call themselves that. It's the media who named them. Even in the field they always address each other by their first names. In fact, nobody that actually knows them calls Ben "The Thing", they just call him Ben.

But don't let a lack of knowledge of the characters, their history and their stories get in the way of all the shock posting. :sas2:
That's cool, but corny is corny and no backstory changes that.

Shazam is older, and more OLD TYMIE and is way more compelling than FF...and his movie will kill both ff movies.

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
Reed knows (he knows everything). He just doesnt mention it. She knows he knows, she doesnt mention it either. I don't read enough to know if Johnny or Ben know.
The fukked up thing is Reed/Sue's kid is an alpha mutant super genius... so he almost positively knows his mom is getting that Atlantean prince dikk... but nobody ever talks about it cause Reed spends so much time on his science that he neglects her.

Namor's dikk is the only thing holdinf thier marrage together :deadmanny:

Which means Emma knows... cause Emma Frost fukks with Namor and likes to read minds against your will... so maybe Cyclops knows. I know the Stepford Cuckoos have been in her mind against her will.
Now that I think about it... alot of people could theoretically know.

But most of the writers seem to avoid it now :manny:

When you a superhero but your wife is guest starring in another nikkas comic book its a problem :patrice:
05_190359_0_NamorTheSubMariner50ATheCourts.jpg

And she rocking the slutty outfit. :skip: When she in the Fan-4 comics she got the longpants/longsleeve combo...
REED COME GET UR GIRL :damn:

got damn!!!! corny ass fantastic for just got interesting now! :patrice:

i must do further research...

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Can't agree with this thread

but I'll be damned if Reed Richards and Susan Storm origins isn't some of the most :wtf: :sitdown:-worthy shyt I've read in comics

Mr_X

Banned
Daps
I'm still waiting for a marvel movie where they pit different teams of superheroes against each other.

A tag team battle royal between the X Men, Fantastic Four, Avengers, a team of villains etc. would be :wow:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
That's cool, but corny is corny and no backstory changes that.

Shazam is older, and more OLD TYMIE and is way more compelling than FF...and his movie will kill both ff movies.

It should, seeing as those movies were utter crap and rightly received as such, lol. Make a Fantastic Four movie but only get two characters close to right (Chiklis and Evans as Ben and Johnny) and fukk up one of the greatest comic book villains of all beyond all recognition.