Lupe Fiasco talks on all costs an artist has, the processes in music, loosing fans and sacrifice

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
So he made this cause he mad at Dead end hiphop and hiphop journalist lol. Lupe is talented and intelligent but cmon man.

He said some real shyt but you don't have to be a musicologist to critique hiphop I feel. In fact I feel reviews from musicologist are too technical and inaccurate. With that said why didn't he mention the two journalist he likes?

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
I'm glad I listened to all that. Is this a IG Live session?

Lupe comes off better. I've been wondering about dude, in the public sense Lasers.

The way he was making music was bugging me and it didn't seem worth it to complain as much as he did. But, I already understand why artist go through, but, I'm glad he put this together.

Dboy41

All Star
Daps
You couldn't have told me shyt about Lupe back in the day. I'll always respect what he did for my personal development, but I haven't even listened to his last 3 projects. Bro got way too arrogant and his music didn't match his ego.
I would believe this if he never dropped tetsuo and youth. Idgaf what anyone says, if anyone else dropped that album it would have gotten wayyy more love than it did.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Got through most of it/ he's always been intellectual dude. Sometimes forget he's from the CHI.
My thing is with this often heard gripe. They complain or bemoan about the artist actual cut of the pie, after signing these deals with record companies.
The exposure the fame the magnitude of the reach these companies give these artist is colossal, something they would have hard time if not impossible to do on their own. Not to mention setting up venues, and that fame and exposure can't be taken back. It's why Chappelle says you can never become un-famous you can become infamous but not un-famous.
And that's why for the majority of "black" artist they tarnish their reputation hardly allow any of them to leave industry with their name or scruples in tact, from MJ to Whitney Lauryn Hill etc etc etc
But if these artist are so brilliant so disgusted with the industry:scust:

Why haven't they collaborated to own their own industry :jbhmm:

The entire enchilada from production to distribution?

But it's easier to get a check, then make a video and b*tch and moan:francis:

Saying that artists should make their own industry is like saying Google and Facebook engineers should leave Google and make their own Silicon Valley.

And artists that do go on their own....nikkas don't know about that....

How many nikkas going on bandcamp and buying independent artists shyt?

When Prince was independent..nobody was buying his shyt...

But when he got back with a major label and released Musicology...it's his comeback album...

The ability to make great things require capital. It requires institutions and the people that actually do the work instead of just funding it, often don't have the capital.

That doesn't mean...people that do the work should be taken advantage of by the people that fund it...

B-Mint94

Banned
Daps
lhDzMNx.png

ReasonableMatic

Daps

I can't believe homie don't understand fans think they own artists

"My artists" = "Favorite artists"

Same shyt

I agree with what Lupe said

But he's real corny for actin like he didn't know what son from DEHH meant when he said "my artists"
He clearly meant "my FAVORITE artists" but decided to rant because he prolly seen a couple dumb fans act like they own

I fux w/ Lu heavy, but to go in on DEHH for some out of context shyt was corny as hell.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"It ain't none of yo muthafukkin beesniss"

:russ:, why is he trying to sound like a hoodrat from Decatur on this shyt? Lol, he be doing some random nutty shyt sometimes, nig know damn well he don't talk like that naturally