Lyft and Uber to leave Minneapolis after council forces them to pay drivers more

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
no confidence in your idealism, huh :mjlol:
You keep quoting me but you still haven't answered the question of why a company should be in business if they can't afford to pay their employees.

A business does not have a right to exist.

If you, the Cac Mamba created a business...doing god knows what -- selling tapioca or tater tots or whatever white trash people eat in the desert....and you can't pay your employees...you go out of business. You don't fukkin lobby the government to allow you to pay your employees 3 cents per hour.

Uber isn't profitable. Either fix their business model or fukk off and die.
Or maybe cut expenses at the top. Uber's CEO makes 25 million dollars a year. There's a place to start.

:mjgrin:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
and yet if driving uber wasnt worth it, no one would do it. people dont need Democrats to hold their hand and tell them that driving Uber isn't worth it :dahell:
:francis:People with low skill and/or wonky living situations choose and option where they can get money anytime on their time. There is merit to it, and they are literally just asking to be paid more. A lot of folks have to do it for a bit, realize the pay sucks, and then they pivot. That's how the companies get your labor and your vehicle for the cheap.

As for Democrats, the people literally went to their councilman to push for this. You talk about liberal idiots and whatnot but are ok with a business that should die ganking folks. Just admit the business model sucks and like most aspects of capitalism, it requires the vast majority of its "workforce" to take a loss so that some can gain. You don't have to agree, and yes the city may suffer as a result, but its not because the companies are good, merely because the populace got used to it long enough that businesses and independent operators who work under them have built their bottoms lines around it.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You keep quoting me but you still haven't answered the question of why a company should be in business if they can't afford to pay their employees.

A business does not have a right to exist.

If you, the Cac Mamba created a business...doing god knows what -- selling tapioca or tater tots or whatever white trash people eat in the desert....and you can't pay your employees...you go out of business. You don't fukkin lobby the government to allow you to pay your employees 3 cents per hour.

Uber isn't profitable. Either fix their business model or fukk off and die.
Or maybe cut expenses at the top. Uber's CEO makes 25 million dollars a year. There's a place to start.

:mjgrin:
uber has 6 million drivers, shythead. congrats, you can give them each 4 dollars. one time per year :mjlol:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:francis:People with low skill and/or wonky living situations choose and option where they can get money anytime on their time. There is merit to it, and they are literally just asking to be paid more. A lot of folks have to do it for a bit, realize the pay sucks, and then they pivot. That's how the companies get your labor and your vehicle for the cheap.

As for Democrats, the people literally went to their councilman to push for this. You talk about liberal idiots and whatnot but are ok with a business that should die ganking folks. Just admit the business model sucks and like most aspects of capitalism, it requires the vast majority of its "workforce" to take a loss so that some can gain. You don't have to agree, and yes the city may suffer as a result, but its not because the companies are good, merely because the populace got used to it long enough that businesses and independent operators who work under them have built their bottoms lines around it.
i'll just lay out that ban bet that uber will be back by july 4th :yeshrug: no one wants this. it's bullshyt Democrat overreach

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You keep quoting me but you still haven't answered the question of why a company should be in business if they can't afford to pay their employees
"they can't afford to pay their employees" is not a fact, it's just you whining :dead: you've never met uber drivers who make 200 a night?

or we could talk about uber massively cutting down on drunk driving. why are you lying like people want to go back to a pre-uber world :laff:

Last edited:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
"they can't afford to pay their employees" is not a fact, it's just you whining :dead: you've never met uber drivers who make 200 a night?

or we could talk about uber massively cutting down on drunk driving. why are you lying like people want to go back to a pre-uber world :laff:

Uber put traditional cabbies out of business practically overnight..They're raking it in.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

At this point I'll just assume you're never going to answer the question.

Seems cowardly.
But you can cook.

:coffee:

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
yeah, thats not the takeaway here :dead:

first of all, dont uber and lyft lose a ton of money? second of all, do you think any of the drivers or riders are happy that the companies are leaving? this is not a win for anyone

I mean this isn't making it look better breh. If you cannot pay your employees, AND you cannot make money.... then you don't deserve to be in business... Thats like, that's common sense. It's not the world nor the government's job to try and right those wrongs for you so you can find profitability.

I love uber, better than cabs by a mile. But this shyt needs to make sense somehow.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean this isn't making it look better breh. If you cannot pay your employees, AND you cannot make money.... then you don't deserve to be in business... Thats like, that's common sense. It's not the world nor the government's job to try and right those wrongs for you so you can find profitability.
uber doesn't provide huge value to society in 2024? we're just blatantly lying about that now? :heh:

i guess by your standard, we should eliminate the post office too :ehh:

Last edited:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
uber doesn't provide huge value to society in 2024? we're just blatantly lying about that now? :heh:

i guess by your standard, we should eliminate the post office too :ehh:

The post office was self funding until republicans forced them to pre-fund employees retirement knowing they couldn’t afford to do so. It was part of their plan to privatize the postal service.

If Uber was self sufficient we wouldn’t be having this discussion now would we?

You still haven’t answered the question on why a private business that isn’t profitable should stay in business. The ONLY reason it should is if it’s a utility, are you ready to label ride sharing services as a utility and everything else that goes along with it? I bet Uber and Lyft wouldn’t like that at all.