☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Just like the goal in basketball is to stop the other team from scoring, just like making RAP music is to convey a message with words. Rhyming well is a criteria for that. And you can compare these two things because they correlate.

And not even Future fans would rank him as one of the greatest all-time rappers. Don't be disingenuous for the sake of arguing. It's corny.

And rhyming big words is not lyrical. That's the thing. You and the OP are saying shyt like "Dominated eradicated eliminated demonstrated physical illustrated" shyt is lyrical. IT IS NOT. Rhyming big words together doesn't make you lyrical. Conveying a coherent message (Whether it's a story or you just saying how you feel) using compound syllables and similes and other literary devices in a GOOD way is being lyrical. And writing metaphors is simple, true, but writing GOOD metaphors is NOT simple. At all.
whats funny is that you started this thread low-key disagreeing with the thread but once you see how these backpackers start nut-hugging you have to put them in their place :pachaha:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
i fukk wit cats like future, but i still need to hear some form of creative & thought provoking lyrics over some classic hiphop type of beats too

Variety was & always have been good for hiphop thou; we need both in the game so it doesnt become completely stale
I just hate when uneducated dudes pretend BOOKS don't exist :heh:

I'm trying to be entertained, regardless of the "message"

QuavoFlow

Superstar
Daps
nikkaz should have been english teachers, not rappers:mjlol:

very small percentage of these lyrical miracle rappers have the ability to make GOOD MUSIC

a nikka like King Los who has bars for days but he's boring af:snoop:

if i wanted to hear 1000 complex bars about nothing, i would watch battle raps on youtube:ehh:

DeuceCypherUno

knowledge God
Daps
Reppin
Straight out the fukkin' dungeons of rap
I think people are exaggerating and putting rappers like Em, Monch, and Talib as "lyrical miracle" when they are farther from that than y'all think. Yes they are technically gifted and will try to show you that general song where they go off, but more often than not, their songs have CONCEPTS or THEMES to them.

Daps
Why don't you guys just let them do them? Let that sub genre thrive and listen to something you wanna listen to. No need to insult them.

B-Mint94

Banned
Daps
I think people are exaggerating and putting rappers like Em, Monch, and Talib as "lyrical miracle" when they are farther from that than y'all think. Yes they are technically gifted and will try to show you that general song where they go off, but more often than not, their songs have CONCEPTS or THEMES to them.
One of the biggest misconceptions on this forum is that Em just strings a bunch a syllables together without saying anything when the man has plenty of songs that stick to a consistent theme. It's funny.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
It's not. Like the OP said anyone can sit down and write metaphors and multis

Some artist put that energy into flow, adlibs and/or deliver

If that’s the case how you explain the thousands of failed 90s and 00s rappers when “lyrical myrical” rap was the wave?

Facts is it became cool to be dumb or play down your intelligence in order to fit in, combined with nikkas getting lazy and not wanting to push themselves to be creative.