Lyrically, Who Are Some Legends That Were Trash??

UWasntThere

Superstar
Daps
Method Man.
The Game.
L.L. Cool J.
tumblr_nywcrdNI5W1ukyi98o1_400.gif

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
young nikkas are so far removed and stupid thats its ridiculous and not just in hiphop

I had some young kid tell me Kurt Cobain was bullshyt and David Grohl was way better in every aspect
Dave Grohl was like the 3rd drummer in Nirvana And the Foo Fighters still aren't even close to having as many good songs as Nirvana 24 years later :russ: I don't know what it is about this generation that makes them not understand that they are wrong. I was born in 87' and I had to soak game up from the OGs, even if I disagreed I would have to listen and take note. These kids will talk to you now like they wrote the hiphop bible... You know Too $hort is one of the first emcees of all time? And he is singlehandedly the reason why everyone has rauchy wild styles like 90% of rappers today?

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
young nikkas are so far removed and stupid thats its ridiculous and not just in hiphop

I had some young kid tell me Kurt Cobain was bullshyt and David Grohl was way better in every aspect
Dave Grohl was like the 3rd drummer in Nirvana And the Foo Fighters still aren't even close to having as many good songs as Nirvana 24 years later :russ: I don't know what it is about this generation that makes them not understand that they are wrong. I was born in 87' and I had to soak game up from the OGs, even if I disagreed I would have to listen and take note. These kids will talk to you now like they wrote the hiphop bible... You know Too $hort is one of the first emcees of all time? And he is singlehandedly the reason why everyone has rauchy wild styles like 90% of rappers today?

:whoa: I listen to Nevermind on the daily and was alive to know the impact it had when Kurt killed himself....but Grohl is a genius. And while to me, Nevermind is a classic...its doesn't trump Alice in Chains' Dirt. Foo Fighters have a huge catalog of good songs; Pretender, Everlong , My Hero, Let it Die, and I'll stick around is clearly a Cobain inspired song. Everything else you said I agree with.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
:whoa: I listen to Nevermind on the daily and was alive to know the impact it had when Kurt killed himself....but Grohl is a genius. And while to me, Nevermind is a classic...its doesn't trump Alice in Chains' Dirt. Foo Fighters have a huge catalog of good songs; Pretender, Everlong , My Hero, Let it Die, and I'll stick around is clearly a Cobain inspired song. Everything else you said I agree with.

I wouldnt put Nevermind in that type of realm either... I'm just saying that what and how Kurt did Nirvana, in that time frame while creating his own sub genre alone blows Grohl out of the water. I do agree Dave is a genius too with 5* chops but for the kid to say Kurt was just some depressive fakkit is ridiculous :russ: Nirvana hardly has any bad songs and the live shows were some of the greatest ever all in that short period of time. If Dave is a genius than Kurt is a god

I feel what you said though, I just have to vent all over again :russ: we all looked at the kid like :francis:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
I wouldnt put Nevermind in that type of realm either... I'm just saying that what and how Kurt did Nirvana, in that time frame while creating his own sub genre alone blows Grohl out of the water. I do agree Dave is a genius too with 5* chops but for the kid to say Kurt was just some depressive fakkit is ridiculous :russ: Nirvana hardly has any bad songs and the live shows were some of the greatest ever all in that short period of time. If Dave is a genius than Kurt is a god

I feel what you said though, I just have to vent all over again :russ: we all looked at the kid like :francis:

I just would've told em "nikka we all depressed welcome to the human condition! :russell:" Seriously, though, hearing a band I like just coming up, say they're from Seattle....I :lupe:, and hope to see them around for a long time. Agreed, Cobain defined the genre, Oasis in an attempt to hate on grunge came off ironically, as the English Nirvana. But what can you expect from kids? Muhfukkers think bads like Skillet or BMTH are "pioneers".:heh: