Maidana's Camp: "We Beat Josesito Lopez And Adrien Broner, Why Dont We Have A Chance To Beat Floyd?"

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Article Link -http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=73835#ixzz2r3z7nj00

Garcia: Maidana Capable of Beating Floyd Mayweather
Posted by: Salvador Rodriguezon 1/20/2014 .
>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

By Salvador Rodriguez

Trainer Robert Garcia feels WBA welterweight champion Marcos Maidana is fully capable of defeating the number one fighter in the world, pound for pound, Floyd Mayweather Jr., who also holds the WBC's title at 147-pounds. Since training with Garcia, Maidana has found new life in the welterweight division and racked up several big wins - including last year's upset decision of previously undefeated Adrien Broner.

Maidana and Amir Khan were the two fighters under consideration for Mayweather's return on May 3rd at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. It appears Khan is the likely candidate to get selected. Most see Mayweather easily defeating either fighter, but Garcia says Maidana is certainly capable of another shocking performance.

"Maidana frustrates [opponents], breaks them down. He hit them in the hip, arms, everywhere where you least expect. It's a matter of styles. Maidada may not be the best counterpuncher or has the best defense, but he has heart and he can endure the tough pace of a twelve round fight. I say he has a chance [to win]. If Jose Luis Castillo was able to beat him, although [Mayweather's] record says otherwise, why wouldn't Maidana have a chance after seeing how he beat Josesito Lopez and Adrien Broner," explained Garcia.

:dead:

This dude said JLC beat Floyd:snoop: Yes, the first fight was close, but Floyd won that fight AND he had a bad hand in that fight. Then he destroyed him in the rematch.

This is EXACTLY why I dont wanna see Maidana vs Floyd. As you can read, Garcia is basically saying that they are gonna try and emulate the exact same style, that EVERYBODY that fights Floyd and loses, uses. JLC in the rematch, Baldomir, DLH, Hatton, Ortiz, Cotto, Guerrero, Alvarez all used the same "Im gonna maul and rough Floyd up" style and got that ass tapped easily:camby:

That style will NOT beat Floyd, because he has too much practice against it now. Floyd's toughest fight was Zab Judah and, out of his own mouth, Emmanuel Burton. They didnt try and maul Floyd. They boxed him and used their hand speed (Zab) and angles (Burton) to gain success in their fights.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
:dead:

This dude said JLC beat Floyd:snoop: Yes, the first fight was close, but Floyd won that fight AND he had a bad hand in that fight. Then he destroyed him in the rematch.

This is EXACTLY why I dont wanna see Maidana vs Floyd. As you can read, Garcia is basically saying that they are gonna try and emulate the exact same style, that EVERYBODY that fights Floyd and loses, uses. JLC in the rematch, Baldomir, DLH, Hatton, Ortiz, Cotto, Guerrero, Alvarez all used the same "Im gonna maul and rough Floyd up" style and got that ass tapped easily:camby:

That style will NOT beat Floyd, because he has too much practice against it now. Floyd's toughest fight was Zab Judah and, out of his own mouth, Emmanuel Burton. They didnt try and maul Floyd. They boxed him and used their hand speed (Zab) and angles (Burton) to gain success in their fights.

They just want that payday, but can you blame them?

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
They just want that payday, but can you blame them?

Floyd has beaten Guerrero and Alvarez 24-0 in his last 2 fights. Maidana isnt as good of a fighter as either of them and will get shut out as well.

Nobody wants to see 3 straight boring shut outs.......on PPV at $74.99 at that:scusthov:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
They have a point, and don't turn this into a "well they wouldn't make it a tough fight" cause NOBODY is beating Floyd 154 and down. He would have to jump way outta his comfort zone to 160 to face a legitimate threat.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Floyd has beaten Guerrero and Alvarez 24-0 in his last 2 fights. Maidana isnt as good of a fighter as either of them and will get shut out as well.

Nobody wants to see 3 straight boring shut outs.......on PPV at $74.99 at that:scusthov:

Whats the alternative? ? Floyd fights Khan and his glass jaw and the match is over by round 3-4

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
They have a point, and don't turn this into a "well they wouldn't make it a tough fight" cause NOBODY is beating Floyd 154 and down. He would have to jump way outta his comfort zone to 160 to face a legitimate threat.

There isnt a point.

His reasoning was Maidana beat Lopez and Broner....why cant he beat Floyd? As if those 3 fighters are all on the same level:snoop:

SuikodenII

Daps
There isnt a point.

His reasoning was Maidana beat Lopez and Broner....why cant he beat Floyd? As if those 3 fighters are all on the same level:snoop:
Alvarez beat Trout
Guerrero beat Aydin & Berto
Ortiz beat Berto
Cotto is Cotto

Don't start making up imaginary stipulations for facing Mayweather, hell, Khan's about to get a shot (unless my theory is true) and he beat Julio Diaz. You're pretending like the measuring stick has always been some mythical fighter right under Mayweather with a skill level close to Floyd's. It's about timing, promotional ties, championships and general public interest. It's never been about skill level because Floyd is a level above everyone around him, newsflash, he won't be having any "tough" fights because they don't exist 154 and down. Never have.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Alvarez beat Trout
Guerrero beat Aydin & Berto
Ortiz beat Berto
Cotto is Cotto

Don't start making up imaginary stipulations for facing Mayweather, hell, Khan's about to get a shot (unless my theory is true) and he beat Julio Diaz. You're pretending like the measuring stick has always been some mythical fighter right under Mayweather with a skill level close to Floyd's. It's about timing, promotional ties, championships and general public interest. It's never been about skill level because Floyd is a level above everyone around him, newsflash, he won't be having any "tough" fights because they don't exist 154 and down. Never have.

Where did I do that?:dwillhuh:

I'm saying it is stupid for ANYONE to say "Maidana beat Lopez and he beat Broner....why cant he beat Floyd?" as to try and pretend those fighters anywhere near the same level as Floyd.

We all know that Floyd Mayweather is way above Josesito Lopez and Adrien Broner when it comes to boxing.....you do too, so I dont know why you are trying to cosign that foolish statement by Garcia:birdman:

And also, if you do believe that Maidana can win.............we can avi bet on that too:youngsabo:

Prado210

She's into malaka's, dino.
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Maidana not seeing Canelo. But Guerrero is arguable.

SuikodenII

Daps
Where did I do that?:dwillhuh:

I'm saying it is stupid for ANYONE to say "Maidana beat Lopez and he beat Broner....why cant he beat Floyd?" as to try and pretend those fighters anywhere near the same level as Floyd.

We all know that Floyd Mayweather is way above Josesito Lopez and Adrien Broner when it comes to boxing.....you do too, so I dont know why you are trying to cosign that foolish statement by Garcia:birdman:

And also, if you do believe that Maidana can win.............we can avi bet on that too:youngsabo:
You're saying they don't have a point to argue to the casual fan. They indeed do based upon Money's previous opponent selections. To knowledgeable boxing fans nobody is beating Floyd and we've known that for at least 5 years now

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't blame Garcia and Maidana for trying as hard as they can to get that big money Floyd fight.
And what exactly is the Maidana camp supposed to say? "I know I can't beat Floyd but I sure would appreciate a chance to make a whole lotta loot"?
He and his camp are supposed to talk like they have the magic formula to give Floyd his first loss.

Daps
I would rather see this fight cause

1. Khan I wouldn't even watch.

2. Maidana has that one hit stagger power. Add that in with that signature looping hook, he connects once, then the fight will get interesting:ehh:

Maidana is too slow yes, but what I will say is that the shoulder roll isn't effective against a looping hook. Again, if the stars align with a moments opportunity (ala 2nd round Mosley), the night can get interesting...

It's a long shot, but id rather watch Maidana look for that all night then see a Mayweather verses Amir Khan.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Yall falling for the hype. Thinking that Maidana would actually have a chance to even hurt Mayweather or even win 1 single round.:snoop:

We've seen this same song and dance before. I guarantee after Maidana beat Lopez, if someone would've to said he would be an "interesting" fight for Floyd, yall would've called them a casual and ran them out #TheRing:rudy:

SuikodenII

Daps
Yall falling for the hype. Thinking that Maidana would actually have a chance to even hurt Mayweather or even win 1 single round.:snoop:

We've seen this same song and dance before. I guarantee after Maidana beat Lopez, if someone would've to said he would be an "interesting" fight for Floyd, yall would've called them a casual and ran them out #TheRing:rudy:
Yeah but he also beat the ever living hell outta Broner.......