Maidana's Camp: "We Beat Josesito Lopez And Adrien Broner, Why Dont We Have A Chance To Beat Floyd?"

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Exactly.

Only thing about Khan is that he's gonna fight Floyd totally different than Floyd's last 6 opponents have.
this I can agree with. I hate that Kahn might get the fight but I definitely wouldnt mind seeing it. Im def. not payng for it. This is a fight that should be on CBS to help Promote the sport.....But we know the right thing to do isnt beneficial to Floyd/Al Haymon...

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Bradley/Floyd is the best fight in boxing right now of course we'd rather see that. How do you already know Garcia/Maidana's gameplan(even though floyd would UD him easy) you didn't call out Maidanas game plan for beating the shyt out of AB

How do I know Maidana's game plan? Bc his trainer referenced JLC, like every other fighter that fights Floyd. They go in there to try and "make it rough" and lose the exact same way each time.

Secondly, the next one of y'all that relate Maidana beating Broner as some type of reason he can beat Floyd ain't getting a response back from me. Y'all acting REAL casual right now:ufdup:

Unless you believe Floyd and Broner are equally skilled, what the fukk does Maidana beating Broner have to do with how a fight with FLOYD will turn out ?:what: Floyd is 5x better than Broner.....they aren't equals.

shyt sounds stupid:snoop:

It would be like me saying, "Shawn Porter beat Devon Alexander....why can't he beat Floyd?" Umm....how about because Floyd ain't no Devon Alexander?:mindblown:

That's how it sounds when you say "Maidana beat Lopez and Broner....why can't he beat Floyd?" Because, Floyd ain't no Josesito Lopez or Adrien Broner. He's a fukking all time great, while Lopez ain't shyt and Broner ain't shyt but some "potential". He ain't proved himself to be an elite fighter or a top dog at 147 at all, while Floyd is basically flawless. Y'all think Paulie or Ponce De Leon could compete with Floyd too?!:rudy:

:camby:

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
It should be. I wanna see Floyd fight something else than someone who thinks that the way JLC fought is the key to beating Mayweather:manny:

Hell, give me Bradley vs Floyd. At least he will try something new in order to win.

:jawalrus: So it has nothing to do with Broner avenging that L from Maidaina before Floyd whoops his ass and the casual fan throws Maidaina in the bushes thus taking a whole lotta shine off Broners getting his revenge?

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
I got no problem with Maidana saying JLC beat Floyd in the 1st fight. Hell, a lot of nikkas think that. shyt was a close fight that could have went either way.

The problem is dude is comparing himself to an all around superior boxer and acting like he can replicate that same success.

Castillo is a wayyyy better fighter than Maidana with a wayyy better career. Better technique, better defense, better body punching, just better everything. JLC was the only dude capable of using that pressure style effectively against Mayweather because he's built for that and has always fought that way. These new nikkas can't even cut off the ring like Castillo, but they wanna use his style to beat dude..:snoop:

If Maidana was capable of fighting like JLC he wouldn't have gotten schooled by Alexander in a fight where he wasn't even competitive in the least. Yeah he beat Lopez, Broner and Soto Karass, but all those dudes had some good moments in their fights and were competitive.

I mean if you wanna sell a Floyd fight, go ahead. If you think you can land a big punch cool. You think you can make a decent fight out of it cool, but don't start bringing up other nikkas names like you can do what they did when you haven't shown that you're capable of doing that shyt before. Like I'm supposed to believe Maidana is going to magically turn himself into a prime JLC for one night only. :childplease: Why don't you do that for the Broner rematch first. :heh:

Plus the fact that the JLC fight was like 12 years ago and Floyd has evolved as a fighter since then.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Secondly, the next one of y'all that relate Maidana beating Broner as some type of reason he can beat Floyd ain't getting a response back from me. Y'all acting REAL casual right now:ufdup:

Unless you believe Floyd and Broner are equally skilled, what the fukk does Maidana beating Broner have to do with how a fight with FLOYD will turn out ?:what: Floyd is 5x better than Broner.....they aren't equals.

shyt sounds stupid:snoop:

It would be like me saying, "Shawn Porter beat Devon Alexander....why can't he beat Floyd?" Umm....how about because Floyd ain't no Devon Alexander?:mindblown:

That's how it sounds when you say "Maidana beat Lopez and Broner....why can't he beat Floyd?" Because, Floyd ain't no Josesito Lopez or Adrien Broner. He's a fukking all time great, while Lopez ain't shyt and Broner ain't shyt but some "potential". He ain't proved himself to be an elite fighter or a top dog at 147 at all, while Floyd is basically flawless. Y'all think Paulie or Ponce De Leon could compete with Floyd too?!:rudy:

:camby:
You are having an argument with Robert Garcia (and I don't think he posts here) because nobody who does post here has said anything like what you are claiming.
At the most people are saying his beating Broner gives Maidana more cache to call for a shot against Floyd than a guy like Amir Khan or the argument is being made that beating Broner is just as good of a win for Maidana to hang his hat on as any win that any of Floyd's most recent opponents have had before getting their shot at a Floyd fight.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
:jawalrus: So it has nothing to do with Broner avenging that L from Maidaina before Floyd whoops his ass and the casual fan throws Maidaina in the bushes thus taking a whole lotta shine off Broners getting his revenge?

Before the rematch clause even KNOWN I'm on record saying wanna see Floyd vs Khan because their styles matchup better. Khans size, hand speed, ability to punch in combinations is something we are not used to see Floyd in there against.

Maidana beat Broner clearly. Why is that hard for people to get? His style however is nothing new to Floyd. It has nothing to do with Broner. I'd prefer Broner to move down to 140, beat Judah, and go after those belts Garcia about to leave when he moves up.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
You are having an argument with Robert Garcia (and I don't think he posts here) because nobody who does post here has said anything like what you are claiming.
At the most people are saying his beating Broner gives Maidana more cache to call for a shot against Floyd than a guy like Amir Khan or the argument is being made that beating Broner is just as good of a win for Maidana to hang his hat on as any win that any of Floyd's most recent opponents have had before getting their shot at a Floyd fight.

That's fine.....but that also means that everyone that's quoting me isn't reading what I'm posting.

I have no problem with Maidana getting the fight other than the fact it's gonna be the same ole, same ole. He DESERVES it over Khan, yes.

My problem was the rational used however. I don't agree with "he beat Lopez and Broner, why can't he beat Floyd?" That's just stupid.

I do agree with this though, "Maidana beat Lopez and Broner, why shouldn't he fight Floyd?". That's not what was said and that's what I had a problem with:manny:

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
Before the rematch clause even KNOWN I'm on record saying wanna see Floyd vs Khan because their styles matchup better. Khans size, hand speed, ability to punch in combinations is something we are not used to see Floyd in there against.

Maidana beat Broner clearly. Why is that hard for people to get? His style however is nothing new to Floyd. It has nothing to do with Broner. I'd prefer Broner to move down to 140, beat Judah, and go after those belts Garcia about to leave when he moves up.

Breh I know you have been saying you would rather see Khan than Maidana fight Floyd, we have both agreed that the Broner vs Maidaina fight was a lot closer than people wanna claim, but you cant tell me some part of you as a AB fan doesnt want that Floyd vs Marcos fight because Floyd would decimate him. That would in turn take a lot of luster off Adrian avenging his defeat.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Breh I know you have been saying you would rather see Khan than Maidana fight Floyd, we have both agreed that the Broner vs Maidaina fight was a lot closer than people wanna claim, but you cant tell me some part of you as a AB fan doesnt want that Floyd vs Marcos fight because Floyd would decimate him. That would in turn take a lot of luster off Adrian avenging his defeat.

Not really breh:manny:

If Broner fights Maidana and lose again, I'm gonna just assume Maidana has his number. I'm not gonna turn my back on Broner because he can't beat Maidana.

Floyd is a different story. He beats everyone.

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
Not really breh:manny:

If Broner fights Maidana and lose again, I'm gonna just assume Maidana has his number. I'm not gonna turn my back on Broner because he can't beat Maidana.

Floyd is a different story. He beats everyone.

:dwillhuh: I didnt say anything about Broner losing to Maidana, I said if Floyd did fight Maidana first and put the beats on him like you(and everybody) believe he will then it takes a little bit of luster off Maidana (especially if its right after the Floyd fight) before Adrian getting his revenge in a rematch.:manny:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh: I didnt say anything about Broner losing to Maidana, I said if Floyd did fight Maidana first and put the beats on him like you(and everybody) believe he will then it takes a little bit of luster off Maidana (especially if its right after the Floyd fight) before Adrian getting his revenge in a rematch.:manny:

But there is no "luster" to Maidana imo. I believe he is a B- fighter who upset Adrien Broner. I dont think he's that good at all:manny:

Regardless if Floyd beats Maidana or not, Maidana still is a B level fighter at this time to me. It's almost like when Baldomir beat Zab.....I didnt and still dont believe Baldomir was the better fighter. He beat Zab, yes, but he was not as good as Zab. Same thing with Broner and Maidana imo.:yeshrug:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Maidana shouldn't be too disappointed if he doesn't get Floyd...a rematch with Bronner and another victory would surely put it him number 1 for Mayweather's fall fight...at least publicly. Not a bad backup plan.

I dont Maidana should be publicly forced to rematch Bronner, as he clearly won the first fight and the rematch clause Broner had although good business is kinda bogus publicly as it was his first defense for a mediocre victory over Paulie. But if that was the contract he signed...get paid for Broner and if you repeat it you are in the drivers seat to go after the real 147 lb belt.

The only other fighter that would deserve it would be Garcia, but that would be his first fight at 147 (Floyd would love that!)...but Maidana's name will be buzzing more in the mainstream.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
this I can agree with. I hate that Kahn might get the fight but I definitely wouldnt mind seeing it. Im def. not payng for it. This is a fight that should be on CBS to help Promote the sport.....But we know the right thing to do isnt beneficial to Floyd/Al Haymon...

I wonder if the Canelo/Floyd fight hurt Floyd's brand in the PPV world. Like the old saying, Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me. I didn't pay for the Canelo/Floyd fight as $74 is just ridiculous. As a boxing fan, I love Floyd's style, but he ain't worth $74. The Mathysse/Garcia fight was more entertaining. They've got to drop the price on those PPVs when it comes to opponents like Khan and Maidana. Save the $74 PPV events when Golden Boy finally does business with Top Rank.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
I wonder if the Canelo/Floyd fight hurt Floyd's brand in the PPV world. Like the old saying, Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me. I didn't pay for the Canelo/Floyd fight as $74 is just ridiculous. As a boxing fan, I love Floyd's style, but he ain't worth $74. The Mathysse/Garcia fight was more entertaining. They've got to drop the price on those PPVs when it comes to opponents like Khan and Maidana. Save the $74 PPV events when Golden Boy finally does business with Top Rank.
Agreed homie