Man, it doesnt get any fukking better than the Wire

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I personally thought ziggy was a very well done character. His final scene with frank was powerful. I understand hes unlikeable, but his character is well written. That tortured soul who hides his crippling insecurity and depression with humour and a false projected confidence/cockiness. Ive known people exactly like him.

YouLoveMe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Miami
:wow:I never watched this show before...but i did watch "New York Under Cover" & "Touched by An Angel".

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
No they wouldnt have the Barksdale wasnt owning the street, as long as Joe had the connect and was running the co-op, he had control over all them nikkas, he talk the brotherhood mess, but when people started doing they own, he started grandstanding and threaten to take his connect, the connect at that point was key, and Marlo scoped that about Joe, something Stringer couldnt do and Avon warned him about. Stringer was simply a pond for joe and joe brainwashing over him got him popped

yo i feel like Stringer would have been diplomatic with Prop Joe and worked it out

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
yo i feel like Stringer would have been diplomatic with Prop Joe and worked it out

It would have worked out but Joe still would of the been the leader and calling shots, all what Joe wanted, there were many times were joe had to school Stringer, what not to do, why not use phones and such, what to do, and all, Joe knew Stringer wasnt built for that street shyt(butchie said the same also String having no flex) and over time he tried to use it to his advantage, he knew stringer only cared about money at the end of the day, and dangle that in front of his face, but Joe he got off by having the crown and controlling nikkas, just look at how Joe handled Marlo instead of killing him off the bat, he wanted it to be known that he had the crown and robbed him, but he poked the wrong beehive with Marlo. In the end Joe didnt give a damn about Stringer fake ass hustler and business man and the end he was using String for BARKSDALE's corners

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
stringer in s3 was a mess,he reminded of nucky in BE,being half a gangster. Like avon said he was a man without a country. First two seasons he was focused and all his schemes worked. Soon as he tried to be legit he lost his identity and everything blew up in his face.

Barksdale crew imploded,marlo didnt do shyt.

My favorite scene in the series is avon n strings last,on the rooftop reminiscing,both knowing they had betrayed eachother. Powerful.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
:ohhh:
It would have worked out but Joe still would of the been the leader and calling shots, all what Joe wanted, there were many times were joe had to school Stringer, what not to do, why not use phones and such, what to do, and all, Joe knew Stringer wasnt built for that street shyt(butchie said the same also String having no flex) and over time he tried to use it to his advantage, he knew stringer only cared about money at the end of the day, and dangle that in front of his face, but Joe he got off by having the crown and controlling nikkas, just look at how Joe handled Marlo instead of killing him off the bat, he wanted it to be known that he had the crown and robbed him, but he poked the wrong beehive with Marlo. In the end Joe didnt give a damn about Stringer fake ass hustler and business man and the end he was using String for BARKSDALE's corners
:ohhh:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

when did butchie ever say string has no flex?he said avon didnt to shamrock in a completely different meaning then what youre thinkin

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
when did butchie ever say string has no flex?he said avon didnt to shamrock in a completely different meaning then what youre thinkin

:pachaha:

Who handled that for Avon, Stringer at that point Avon relinquished authority to Stringer, so therectically Stringer word was Avons word, and the only way String only way of handling the co, rather than kill the co like a Avon or Marlo would do, he rather tried to plant drugs on a law enforcement officer in a passive aggressive ass p*ssy ass way on top of stupid and dangerous, yeah Butchie might of said Avon but the idea and follow thru was all Stringer, another instant of the show showing weird p*ssy ass ways Stringer tried to handle a street sitaution

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
yeah I wasnt feeling season 2 either...im almost through rewatching season 1 already :skip:

so when I rewatch season 2 ill have my official verdict

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:pachaha:

Who handled that for Avon, Stringer at that point Avon relinquished authority to Stringer, so therectically Stringer word was Avons word, and the only way String only way of handling the co, rather than kill the co like a Avon or Marlo would do, he rather tried to plant drugs on a law enforcement officer in a passive aggressive ass p*ssy ass way on top of stupid and dangerous, yeah Butchie might of said Avon but the idea and follow thru was all Stringer, another instant of the show showing weird p*ssy ass ways Stringer tried to handle a street sitaution

Yeah youre confused...........go watch the scene again. Butchie says your man avon aint got no flex. And hes saying that as in avon isnt flexible to let it go because butchie is losing a good customer,which he already mentioned early.

what would killing the co accomplish?the main goal of it was getting avon a reduced sentence.