Man, it saddens me how many black men and women just are NOT allowed to be GREAT!!!

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I mean look at us. Everybody digs our swag, our style, envies our athletic ability, our art, our cultural contributions, there ain't nobody like us...but damn if we had that economic clout we'd be unstoppable!
Werd :banderas:

We just need more black unity and less of our people trying to kiss other races ass.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
TRill talk though, when Bill Romanowski made that bullshyt pass at Cam Newton that's what made me think about this...straight up. fukk that motherfukker, but that was the ssame guy who said he was juicing, taking PEDs to "keep up with the n*****s" and that confirms it.

I ain't bowing down to no one in this life anymore, especially none of y'all and I don't care how much that offends you.

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
Societal and mental conditioning.

They actively make rules that hold us back and keep us out.
We have been tricked into thinking this course of injustice is acceptable.

I've learned to embrace the struggle or being a minority. Everything is better black.. When I see a black man in a high position I know its because he earned it and nothing else

Seriously, ask yourself

Would you rather be MJ or Larry Bird

Barrack or Clinton

Denzel or Mel Gibson

Chris Rock or Jim Carey

Point being there is not ONE DAY and not ONE REASON that i ever work up and said, man It would be cool to be white so I could do x y or Z Everything is cooler black...

I don't want anything given to me, or the easy path to get there.. I want to know what hard work is because it teaches me a sense of pride.

Black parents really need to do a better job of preparing their children for the world is the only thing I think we need to work on as a culture... because we can't afford to make the same mistakes Cacs do

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
^^^ This

Exactly what I was getting at.. It's all a state of mind..

Life is hard enough, and far to many black people in the country make it harder with this mental enslavement propaganda like "something or someone" is holding them back from success. We were born great, an there is no if and buts about it. It's all about what you do with this greatest that you were given..
Dawg, let me wax some poetic for ya, cause I know you Jamaican and I'm West Indian and African but born in America so allow me to make my points clear so you can understand where I'm coming from.

NO ONE here...says...we can't be great. But we don't have access to resources like every one else where they can be the standard and we just have to be happy getting our foot in the door of their institutions. They aren't giving us jobs or letting us advance in corporate america like they are...and they never will. There are many barriers to getting a decent education for the average black person which in turn gains entry for them and their own families to gain opportunities for advancement. and that comes with $. It ain't even about rich or poor cause look at these poor non-blacks that hate us man. And try to stop us from making moves out of spite. Straight up I know how great we are and they hate it. I've seen people get mad as fukk for me for smiling and I still smile. That's hate nikka. HATE!

You can't tell me nothing homebody. I'm a 31 year old black man that came from a fairly well to do background. I went to all these fancy private school that had less than 20 black students in the whole school. I went to a BS liberal arts college in Ohio for two years that cost $32,000 a year. There weren't even 30 black students there out of an enrollment class of 1200. I then flunked out of there...had to go to community college and graduated from a four year PWI! My family had and still has money and resources they are sitting on from both of my parents hard work...but this is the shyt I'm TALKING ABOUT!

Why can't black folk in this country get to that level...where we in nice predominantly black private school nice predominantly black suburban areas with 5% crime? Why can't black folk go to corporate jobs and be surrounded by black people in cubicle and black secretaries? Have black dentists? Black psychiatrists? Doctors en masse? IT"S NOT US AND I REFUSE TO BELIEVE WE AREN"T CAPABLE OF SUCCEEDING LIKE THAT! Cause we already have!

I am a goddamn first gen and can tell you this shyt! This society makes us believe all we can do is sing and entertain and pass footballs but I know we more than that...but if you think that honus is on us totally you a fool. They always gonna be in our way. They always gonna hold that door so we can't get in...stop being so dense nikka! WE coming countries where black folk have opportunities that are comparable provided by black folks. Stop kissing these white folks asses man..they hate us and will always try to stop us!

Same with these asians, jews, hispanics, indians...they dont hire us at their stores, they open up in our neighborhooods. They don't want to see us become great either....they in our way and hating and unless you really trying to go forward you got to realie you got to fight harder to get to that success that they can have for themselves on a regular basis. And all that is based on $ and EDUCATION.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Look at Serena Williams yo...

Beat Maria Sharapova 18 times....18 fukking times!

How many times must she win against her before the world gives this woman her due!?

Cacs is HATERS BREH!
When a black person succeeds at that level, there's no match...too many of us succeeding would put a cog in the plans of white supremacy....
that's why I fukks with the hotep nation even though they cooky...
This is why I wish we could of had 3 more black presidents after Obama the GOAT but fukk that...america is hating ass cac shyt. fukk this country.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I get what you are saying but you have to always keep perspective

We are great...

We've had a two term black president :obama: so if you are 16 years old or younger (the future :blessed:) you've spent 1/2 of your life or more seeing a black family on the highest stage

We dominate sports :gladbron: (which in this country is considered a great achievement)...look at the Olympics and in most countries there are black men and women winning at many different levels

We set the trends...just because we don't always capitalize on them because we move to the next one. White people who capitalize off of "bye Felisha" and old shyt like that are only selling to other corny people. We wouldn't be able to sell to them anyway because we are always in front of the trend...

I know it's hard daily for most of us, but we are great and if you look around you can see shining examples of Black people (in tech, in business, in sports, in communities, in politics, in academia, etc.) anywhere you look.
Yep...that's why I'm gonna miss Obama when he leaves. Like it or not he was great for black americans...

America sure gonna be happy to have yet another white president again...

Can't let black folks feel themselves too much...then shyt the powers that be don't like might happen...we can't have too much fun. Can't enjoy ourselves too much. White America's ego is too fragile for that to happen.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
All those things are useless. To truly dominate you need to dominate in the fields of economics and science, thats how you gain clout. All that other shyt doesnt help black people at all, fukk felisha and athletes.
This. is what I'm talking about.

And at the end of the day it sadly all boils down to... "this country really envious of black progress man"....seriously!
WE got black computer techs, we got black doctors, vetrinarians, zoologists,lawyers, architects, technicians, what Im sayting is damn, even they had to crush through so many doors and go through so many obstalcles cause successful black people got so many haters man...wtf!

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Naw...

There's a trickle down effect to everything. The more that the future generations see black people being successful, the more they will strive for success. We may not be where we need to be now, but the roads are being paved for a much better future. My Aunt told me that she "never" thought she would see a black president...My niece has lived her whole life under only a black president. That's progress.

We have fantastic people doing fantastic things in economics and science...but no one knows who they are. They aren't highlighted at all by our culture (I challenge anyone to name 10 "economists" or "scientists" of ANY race without using google :usure:) doesn't mean they don't exist

The things that are highlighted by our culture (as I mentioned) we have a large influence on today and that is great progress over the last 40 years. If things continue the way they have, we will continue to show our greatness...

Like I said...we are great
Exactly look how many black folks is getting "woke" due to Obama and social media....if you pay attention to statistics, all the negative trends about the black community are reversing themselves, despit the media sensationalized negativity....shyt is different, this generation is different...

I've been seeing like mad different now...

I would NEVER want to be white, or asian, or spanish, or indian, or anytthing else other than myself....
Cacs really taught us to hate our greatness and worship their mediocrity.

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
I've learned to embrace the struggle or being a minority. Everything is better black.. When I see a black man in a high position I know its because he earned it and nothing else

Seriously, ask yourself

Would you rather be MJ or Larry Bird

Barrack or Clinton

Denzel or Mel Gibson

Chris Rock or Jim Carey

Point being there is not ONE DAY and not ONE REASON that i ever work up and said, man It would be cool to be white so I could do x y or Z Everything is cooler black...

I don't want anything given to me, or the easy path to get there.. I want to know what hard work is because it teaches me a sense of pride.

Black parents really need to do a better job of preparing their children for the world is the only thing I think we need to work on as a culture... because we can't afford to make the same mistakes Cacs do

:ohhh:
Wow man...you're on some serious deep stuff.
That's some perspective changing shyt right there...thank you!!
:salute:

• Dap
Reactions: MGM

Forlife44

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Imaan-Hammam-Victorias-Secret-Swim-photos-5.jpg

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What's stopping us from being great? :popcorn3:

Money?
The main thing stopping us from being great is (most) Black people, at least in this country, aren't honest about our situation and how bleak it really is. Too many of our people think our situation already IS great and don't even realize they're in the trick bag.

• Dap
Reactions: MGM

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
All those things are useless. To truly dominate you need to dominate in the fields of economics and science, thats how you gain clout. All that other shyt doesnt help black people at all, fukk felisha and athletes.
This. Self-esteem is great but it has to be turned into an economy.