Man of Steel is the most underrated superhero movie of all time.

Well?

• It is, it is a great movie.

• Nope, it sucks (I only watched it once)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
this dummy is still talking about collateral damage in Man of Steel like it wasn't addressed in BvS. That's the whole reason why Batman is pissed off. :russ:

And his beloved Marvel films tackled the same issue after Age of Ultron with all that accords shyt in Civil War :mjlol:

These fags are so transparent.
The collateral damage shyt is still the dumbest argument ever.

It happens in every comic book film. But nobody has ever cared until man of steel. And haven't cared since :mjlol:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The collateral damage shyt is still the dumbest argument ever.

It happens in every comic book film. But nobody has ever cared until man of steel. And haven't cared since :mjlol:
Because people can clearly remembering other superheroes caring about limiting collateral damage. As far back as the first X-Men and Spider-Man you had scenes where the heroes went out of their way to help people, and especially in Spidey's case it putting him at a disadvantage against the bad guy.

Even in the first Avengers movie you have Cap split the team up so some can focus on saving citizens rather than dealing with the invasion directly.

I have always said context is key (something you have all chosen to ignore endlessly) and in MoS Superman fights Zod completely indiscriminate of their surroundings, most infamously when he literally takes the fight from a remote farm and fields to the center of a populated city.

There is something very important about showing (actually showing, not just assuming because he's the hero or he tries to stop the world's destruction out of some kind of responsibility) that a character actually cares about protecting people. Something that MoS never accomplishes.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
^trash opinion. Superman is facing a warrior kryptonian in what is Clark's first encounter. He didn't "take" the fight anywhere. It was about survival and it was very much about protecting the planet, Clark damn near dies trying to stop the terraformer and not to mention there are plenty of scenes with him saving people throughout the entire movie. The oil rig, the school bus full of kids, etc.

We've been over this a hundred times and these fools still don't get it. Where was this narrative when Tony Stark fought Hulk in the middle of a populated area. nikka ran right at him and glass rained down on the citizens :pachaha:

Where was this narrative then? :umad:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Unknown aliens with the same power as him had him mama in a choke hold ready to kill her and he acted on pure emotion. Somebody bout to kill ya moms who is thinking out collateral damage? Thats how a realistic situation would happen. Not him evacuating a town before tending to his moms 1st
People act like this is a seasoned Superman this incarnation hasn't been in the cape more than 48 hours and he's suppose to do the stuff a veteran Superman is supposed to do.

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Been in my top 10 since day 1 :myman:

It also had the last good villain (Zod) :lolbron:

nikkas will continue to use RT and Metacritic against it even doe more than half of critics on both sites liked it:yeshrug:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People act like this is a seasoned Superman this incarnation hasn't been in the cape more than 48 hours and he's suppose to do the stuff a veteran Superman is supposed to do.

We had been told explicitly that he had been saving people in secret for years. The only difference was that he was flying, which was something the other Kryptonians couldn't actually do until Zod figured it out. Nobody is saying Superman should have been able to save every person that was put in danger but the most he did initially was tell some people to "go inside".

Hell they were after him, all he had to do was leave the area and they would have followed him.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
No one can tell me what Clark's main motivation in this movie was.

- Bruce Wayne wanted to avenge his parents rid Gotham of crime and corruption

- Tony Stark wanted to right his wrongs and bring order to the world instead of destruction

- Steve Rogers wanted to fight for his country and stand up to nazis.

- Peter wanted to stop bad guys after his failure to act led to his uncles demise.

We know what drives these characters and what their motivations are as we head into the 2nd act of the movie.

What does Clark want? What's his main motivation and at what point in the film did he arrive at this manifesto?