Man, these work from home brehs have hit the lottery.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I love it breh. Since I've been working from home bought a 4k monitor, upgraded my pc , mechanical keyboard as well. Bought a big 4k tv which is on most of the days watching shows and movie, bought a ps5 and a oculus vr. Bought a humidifier, diffuser and bluetooth speaker.

Can't believe I used to wake up every day at 6am leave my house 630am and reach work battling throguh traffic monday to friday
:sucst:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Oh, I'mma be alright breh. I'm one of the most valuable people at my position, so I'm comfortable if it does come to people getting got.

And I've already let people know that we don't have the space for everyone to come back into our office at that clip, so I'm already working on getting this trimmed down.

Can't speak for other companies, but in our case, shyt is being driven by the company increasing headcount heavy over the last couple of years, and not seeing the increase in productivity that they were expecting to go along with it. Telling us to come back in (at least as I see it), is what they're trying to do to keep from clapping the less necessary parts of our workforce.

The sad part is, they might actually be on to something. It's a LOT of people I know that are out here fukking it up for everybody by getting a little too loose with the fukkery.
I think you missed the point.

Who’s trying go from fully remote to hybrid

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Oh, I'mma be alright breh. I'm one of the most valuable people at my position, so I'm comfortable if it does come to people getting got.

And I've already let people know that we don't have the space for everyone to come back into our office at that clip, so I'm already working on getting this trimmed down.

Can't speak for other companies, but in our case, shyt is being driven by the company increasing headcount heavy over the last couple of years, and not seeing the increase in productivity that they were expecting to go along with it. Telling us to come back in (at least as I see it), is what they're trying to do to keep from clapping the less necessary parts of our workforce.

The sad part is, they might actually be on to something. It's a LOT of people I know that are out here fukking it up for everybody by getting a little too loose with the fukkery.
Nah it was more meant to not being fully remote
:scust:
Hybrid is disgusting
Psychologically it's worse than just going back to the office.

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
Been enjoying this for 7 months now working from home. I’m hella introverted and mentally it’s awsome.. I love it and My family loves it too. But today got offered a job for 15k more and with a better title but it’s a federal position, so extra security and ceiling high because it’s not even a high managerial role and has great pay, but I gotta drive downtown Atlanta. It ain’t far. 20 min in traffic for me. My wife of course don’t want me to take it, because she love me being at home… but as a man I am aware of all our expenses and our kids (5 year old twins boy/girl) expenses and might have to make this executive decision to secure our families finances. 15k is a big deal for all the stuff we got to pay for ( not no humble brag which is obviously why I’m not saying my actual salary) any advice? On one end happy wife happy life.. I’m lucky my wife likes being with me all the time… on the other no money stress makes women happy and I’m sure she will catch up soon and be happy I took it

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Been enjoying this for 7 months now working from home. I’m hella introverted and mentally it’s awsome.. I love it and My family loves it too. But today got offered a job for 15k more and with a better title but it’s a federal position, so extra security and ceiling high because it’s not even a high managerial role and has great pay, but I gotta drive downtown Atlanta. It ain’t far. 20 min in traffic for me. My wife of course don’t want me to take it, because she love me being at home… but as a man I am aware of all our expenses and our kids (5 year old twins boy/girl) expenses and might have to make this executive decision to secure our families finances. 15k is a big deal for all the stuff we got to pay for ( not no humble brag which is obviously why I’m not saying my actual salary) any advice? On one end happy wife happy life.. I’m lucky my wife likes being with me all the time… on the other no money stress makes women happy and I’m sure she will catch up soon and be happy I took it

I'm proud of you homie.

Make the best decision for your family

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
I'm proud of you homie.

Make the best decision for your family
Thanks bro. Yea I agree. I need to make sure the family is financially str8 and take it. And if people not happy I will reevaluate and go back to remote. shyt was fun while it lasted tho . Don’t look forward to all the good morning cracker greetings and people coming to my desk lol but I’ll take the $

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

But that 15k
Gas
Wear and tear on car
Parking
Prob will buy lunch here and there

Ask your work for a raise :ehh:

I'm never going back in

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nah it was more meant to not being fully remote
:scust:
Hybrid is disgusting
Psychologically it's worse than just going back to the office.

I get it. I'm still good.

This is already backfiring across the company, and they've gone out of their way to make sure I'm good at all times. And I've already got the wheels spinning on them realizing that they literally can't have us all in the office, unless they plan on buying a MUCH larger office space. Might need to play the long game, but I'm willing to do it in this case.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos

That's going to be my schedule come January.

Been working from home since March 2020 but now they want you to go back to the office. Some people have already been there for months but I got exemptions that end in January smh.

Problem is I work for the federal government. There aren't too many positions at agencies that's full-time telework.

Last edited:
Daps
I love it breh. Since I've been working from home bought a 4k monitor, upgraded my pc , mechanical keyboard as well. Bought a big 4k tv which is on most of the days watching shows and movie, bought a ps5 and a oculus vr. Bought a humidifier, diffuser and bluetooth speaker.

Can't believe I used to wake up every day at 6am leave my house 630am and reach work battling throguh traffic monday to friday

When did you start working from home, breh? I remember during the pandemic, you were working at a hospital, right?

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Get the offer then present it to your current work to wrench money out of them. Commuting you need to calculate exactly what time cost and fuel/wear on your car is. That $15k sounds nice but after you subtract both time and money for commuting I bet it’s only going to come out to be about $5/6k total in new net income breh.

Unless you’re part of Tesla gang, cause we ain’t got them problems :mjgrin:

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps

I got sent back in the office in may.

My department is the only one that doesn't get hybrid.. literally EVERYONE ELSE DOES!

About to apply for a position in another department that has hybrid.

commute is only 30 mins to the office and my numbers are slightly better in the office so I ain't tripping too much over it

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Unless you’re part of Tesla gang, cause we ain’t got them problems
What's been the impact on your electric bill though?
tenor.gif