Man, these work from home brehs have hit the lottery.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They did my homegirl dirty at my old company. They decided company wise to to make all employees within an hour of the office have to work a hybrid schedule, even those who were hired as remote employees. She had two kids under three with one only being like 3 months old. Told them she can't afford that childcare.

It was fukked up because no one else in her department worked out of the local office. None of her customers ever come to the office. Also in the office they had nowhere for her to pump.

They told her they didn’t give a damn and she had 45 days to figure it out or she’s fired. They ended up firing her. Funny part she had just got a yearly review that gave her the top rating which is rare in the company.

Well, damn. :picard:

Real shyt, stories like that let you know how shytty labor is in our country, because I don't know that that flies elsewhere. They basically fired ol' girl for having kids.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
WFH brehs keep your 3rd eye open, there’s a new hustle I saw online. Companies track all your online activity and create a “productivity score”. The article I saw explicitly said people were using the algorithms against each other.

I‘ve been seeing coworkers firing off all kinds of banal chatter, sometimes as soon as lunch break starts. I’m not saying that’s what’s up for sure, but stay safe.
It tracks the programs you have open, and for how long, plus scans your emails for key words...

When i was remote.. i could do everything offline so that "tracker" didnt mean shyt to me... it still doent. I still do alot of prints and hand drawings to visualize things... And they cant measure my thought process... Im constanty arguing that now.

Last edited:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
They did my homegirl dirty at my old company. They decided company wise to to make all employees within an hour of the office have to work a hybrid schedule, even those who were hired as remote employees. She had two kids under three with one only being like 3 months old. Told them she can't afford that childcare.

It was fukked up because no one else in her department worked out of the local office. None of her customers ever come to the office. Also in the office they had nowhere for her to pump.

They told her they didn’t give a damn and she had 45 days to figure it out or she’s fired. They ended up firing her. Funny part she had just got a yearly review that gave her the top rating which is rare in the company.
Thats a lawsuit... with these new woke rules... she supposed to get a place to pump

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
They got your breh back in office three days a week. I go in that bytch three days a week just to sit at my desk and listen to music all day since literally no one at my office works on any of the same things I do. Absolutely no fukking reason for me to have to go in. :mjlol:

I’m still WFH but go in here and there to take meetings with folks higher up in the food chain who I don’t know (from different depts). Trying to get to know these folks well so when it’s time to “pivot” they will look out for a breh.

I pick a day and stack like 3 meetings back to back and talk that talk. fukk it!

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
Took a higher paying job working outside the home and I regret it. I left on good terms and honestly might reach back out lol. Otherwise I'm looking for something else. This job is cool, but I really miss being home when my kids got home from school and being able to talk with them and my kids while I worked. That was a real blessing

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m still WFH but go in here and there to take meetings with folks higher up in the food chain who I don’t know (from different depts). Trying to get to know these folks well so when it’s time to “pivot” they will look out for a breh.

I pick a day and stack like 3 meetings back to back and talk that talk. fukk it!

Oh, forgot that aspect of fukkery for my situation. Tuesday and Wednesday are usually my meeting heavy days, and I'm in the office for those.

The meetings are all with people in other offices, so I don't even need to actually go in for them. :dead:

The upside, I guess, is that everyone that I USED to work with is still in the office, and are always looking out for me.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Oh, forgot that aspect of fukkery for my situation. Tuesday and Wednesday are usually my meeting heavy days, and I'm in the office for those.

The meetings are all with people in other offices, so I don't even need to actually go in for them. :dead:

The upside, I guess, is that everyone that I USED to work with is still in the office, and are always looking out for me.

I just go in for self serving reasons and to use resources. Sometimes it’s convenient to go there to drop off a bag or use the bathroom. But I made it a point to not do any real work there anymore

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Going outside :scust:
First thing I do everyday is go outside when I get up. Even if I'm working from home. Boosts my energy and cuts down the boredom of being locked in a room. Without doing that I'm zapped of energy and lethargic.

Working from home ain't for all of us. I look forward to my time away from home and breaking up my day in different spaces. I'm also rarely at the same place for work so that helps.

morris

Superstar
Daps
It's all good until they figure out a way for AI to do your job
Companies do this all day every day; find ways to cut costs...even when they are thriving. So no big deal. Think outsourcing to other countries ...

Automated jobs will mostly affect white-collar jobs that do not require human interaction (data, audits); front line jobs
@46:45

I disagree with the Customer service as it has been tried (chat, FAQ, and of course, outsourcing) and it needs that human touch; I worked for a SaaS that did not even require a receptionist at healthcare center but people buying the product did ot want to remove the human touch even at the cost

remote work ... works
when I go into the office (hybrid model as of last summer), I make sure to take a n hour or so even if just top walk around. I don't do this at home

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
It's the greatest thing of all time.

My job starts at 7:00. I usually roll out of bed around 7:15, log on and masturbate till 8. Shower and groom from 8 - 8:30. Smoke weed, check stocks and emails and surf the coli from 8:30-10. Start working around 10. Take a break at 11. Lunch at 12. Do some more work from 1-2. By 2:00, anything I was going to get done that day better have gotten done because I'm unofficially off the clock by 2. I just play League of Legends and drink tequila and smoke weed and move the mouse around till 4, then shut my laptop screen.

I love my job.
Does your job still exist now or did they cut it during layoffs?

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Companies do this all day every day; find ways to cut costs...even when they are thriving. So no big deal. Think outsourcing to other countries ...

Automated jobs will mostly affect white-collar jobs that do not require human interaction (data, audits); front line jobs
@46:45

I disagree with the Customer service as it has been tried (chat, FAQ, and of course, outsourcing) and it needs that human touch; I worked for a SaaS that did not even require a receptionist at healthcare center but people buying the product did ot want to remove the human touch even at the cost

remote work ... works
when I go into the office (hybrid model as of last summer), I make sure to take a n hour or so even if just top walk around. I don't do this at home

Only thing to watch out for is the new voice modulators that give Dupinder and the boys American accents :beli:
Yes it’s a real thing :francis:

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Hours on end cooped in the house:patrice: i do it every once in while but even as a introvert its too much