Martin Scorsese - Marvel movies are 'not cinema'

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Copella and Scorsese are two of the greatest film makers in history, so when they say things, people are bound to listen. That said, while Scorsese's criticisms about the genre do have validity, the histrionic/hyperbolic sauce that he and Copella put on their takes kinda feel of pretentiousness and sour grapes.

Marvel's absolute best is barely on par with their mediocre films from a craft standpoint, but there is room for both. I understand that these two are old school, and want their films funded by the big studios and released in theatres, but having Netflix throw you the bag for your film isn't the worst situation to find yourself in. Frankly streaming might be a better medium for their kind of films than the theater.

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i agree

all the marvels movies are similar
personable, sarcastic person with super powers fighting some villain who wants to destroy humanity

Last edited:

CookDat

Shaken, not stirred.
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Lets keep it a bean. These MCU movies are basically the new Transformers movies. All of em are predictable CGI fukkfests that are enjoyable to watch when you're off the shyts at theaters with your friends. When you sober up you realize that the movies are dumb fun that you only wanna watch once. Have any of yall tried watching these flicks more than once by yourself? The novelty of these movies wear off real fukkin quick when you not seeing em on the big screen with a crowd.
I'm not gonna say they arent real cinema cus that sounds pretentious as fukk. But let's be real...these movies are ass.

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
Marvel movies are about pure entertainment. Movies don't always have to have a message or be deep or inspiration ..... Sometimes a mf just wanna watch some shyt and be wowed by the action sequences and shyt...

And I'll also say marvel movies can be inspirational. I was personally inspired by how Robert Downey Jr used to be a forgotten actor/ hopeless black tar heroin addict but when he cleaned up and got sober the mf became a juggernaut in the game doing 50 mil per film :francis:.. He's basically the godfather of all these marvel movies we're seeing

Sober life :blessed:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
if anything he's just showing how cacs really are

even with that, his worse movie is better than anything in the MCU

shyt this scene alone

is quoted and more iconic than all 20 of them damn movies

and you know it is.

Yeah had a spark when he started but now he just garbage

When is the last time he made a good movie

The Parted was a straight rip off scene to scene from a Korean movie and he got an oscar for that bullshyt

I don't even like marvel movies, but he made nobody checking for him no more

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Yeah had a spark when he started but now he just garbage

When is the last time he made a good movie

The Parted was a straight rip off scene to scene from a Korean movie and he got an oscar for that bullshyt

I don't even like marvel movies, but he made nobody checking for him no more

:beli: No, get your facts straight, breh. The Departed was a remake to the first movie of the Infernal Affairs trilogy which was made in Hong Kong with Chinese actors. It's also not a "scene to scene" copy and The Departed ended differently to the OG.

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Marvel movies are about pure entertainment. Movies don't always have to have a message or be deep or inspiration ..... Sometimes a mf just wanna watch some shyt and be wowed by the action sequences and shyt...

And I'll also say marvel movies can be inspirational. I was personally inspired by how Robert Downey Jr used to be a forgotten actor/ hopeless black tar heroin addict but when he cleaned up and got sober the mf became a juggernaut in the game doing 50 mil per film :francis:.. He's basically the godfather of all these marvel movies we're seeing

Sober life :blessed:
I'm not
Bruh didnt exactly come in the game as a nobody
Plus, he white

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
For the record who is Martin Scorsese? Some old washed up director or actor? :manny:

The way some of y'all dikk ride him you would think he's your daddy :francis:

the way ya'll cape for the disney regime.. you'll think marveL paying your bills..

stan bullshyt cinema brehhs... mid-cu stans :mjlol:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Who cares

the marveL stan coalition who've been keeping all the marveL related threads alive with their hurt feelings :pachaha:

marfooL stans ''noone cares what these washed up old men say :fire:''

on the inside they be like: '' why dont no one like us tho:mjcry::sadbron:''

bullshyt cinema brehhs... mid-cu szn :wow: