Martin Scorsese - Marvel movies are 'not cinema'

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
I liked marvel films and i liked apocalypse now. Marvel is like guitar hero, where you're technically playing a song, but not really. Guitar hero was very popular and has its place but real cinema would be like jimi hendrix or someone who has actual profound ability at the instrument, someone who can actually get in there and push it to its limits. Both of them can be good and connect with people. No reason to get angry at the shyt.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Actually:

Black Panther Director Ryan Coogler Explains Francis Ford Coppola Had A Favorite Scene

Ryan personally got to screen it for FFC, and he loved it especially the flashback scene where Killmonger finds his murdered father.

The fact that both Scorcese and Coppola are real tight with Lucas and Spielberg makes this shyt even funnier. They literally birthed this shyt.
I mean, they're speaking in generalities. They aren't saying every single marvel movie doesn't qualify as cinema. IN GENERAL they are right. Most marvel movies are ho-hum mediocre popcorn action flicks. Winter Soldier, infinity war, end game, Black panther transcended that.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
giphy.gif

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
This must've been posted in TLR first because this thread started out remarkably stupider than what you'd normally find in The Film Room :dead:

But :scust:@how insecure Marvel stans are...the MCU is literally at the top of the mountain and will be for the forseeable future and yet people are all the way in their feelings if someone dares to not care for that bullshyt.

That other thread is STILL active with the same people protecting Marvel movies better than their own children :mjtf: