Martin Scorsese - Marvel movies are 'not cinema'

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
This must've been posted in TLR first because this thread started out remarkably stupider than what you'd normally find in The Film Room :dead:

But :scust:@how insecure Marvel stans are...the MCU is literally at the top of the mountain and will be for the forseeable future and yet people are all the way in their feelings if someone dares to not care for that bullshyt.

That other thread is STILL active with the same people protecting Marvel movies better than their own children :mjtf:

They know it sucks

I used to get heated when ppl put CW shows on the same level as Daredevil but I wouldn't argue for pages lol

Cuz I knew I was right

Last edited:

Black Trash!

Daps
Reppin
Na
No I hate pretentiousness and snobbery

Especially when it comes to art

its even worse when it comes from reviewers who don’t create any art

Sounds like you hate standards and criticism

Chris Rock had a bit where he talked about as a kid thinking every movie was good

As you get older you should be more aware.

These Marvel movies are hot now but eventually the general media will start to shyt on them too...maybe 10 years down the line

Black Trash!

Daps
Reppin
Na
Yeah this superhero bubbles gonna burst. Any day now...
Is that what I said? Nope...

Transformers was doing numbers all while being shytted on by critics

I dont think Marvel movies will get it that bad but I expect the dikk sucking to wane at some point

And I'm not saying Marvel movies are as bad as Transformers movies, before some simpleton comes in and goes Butbutbut!

Last edited:

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
...i hope he flops and the next comic flick does numbers to shut him up

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This must've been posted in TLR first because this thread started out remarkably stupider than what you'd normally find in The Film Room :dead:

But :scust:@how insecure Marvel stans are...the MCU is literally at the top of the mountain and will be for the forseeable future and yet people are all the way in their feelings if someone dares to not care for that bullshyt.

That other thread is STILL active with the same people protecting Marvel movies better than their own children :mjtf:
80 YEAR OLD MEN DON’T LIKE WHAT I LIKE:mjcry:

Last edited:

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Sounds like you hate standards and criticism

Chris Rock had a bit where he talked about as a kid thinking every movie was good

As you get older you should be more aware.

These Marvel movies are hot now but eventually the general media will start to shyt on them too...maybe 10 years down the line

I like criticism from other artists.
Which is why Scorsese kind of gets a pass

I was making a sarcastic jab at the “I’m not an artist, I’m an ARTISTE” posturing nuance. Which I see all the time in my respective industry

And eh I can respect the viewpoint of things sucking later cuz that is true along with the inverse. All that matters is what yourself thinks of it. I like immature shyt along with the super well written, you gotta
watch/listen 4 or 5 times stuff

Standards are meant to be fukked with. fukk the general media, they don’t appreciate shyt lmao

Black Trash!

Daps
Reppin
Na
I like criticism from other artists.
Which is why Scorsese kind of gets a pass

I was making a sarcastic jab at the “I’m not an artist, I’m an ARTISTE” posturing nuance. Which I see all the time in my respective industry

And eh I can respect the viewpoint of things sucking later cuz that is true along with the inverse. All that matters is what yourself thinks of it. I like immature shyt along with the super well written, you gotta
watch/listen 4 or 5 times stuff

Standards are meant to be fukked with. fukk the general media, they don’t appreciate shyt lmao

I like Marvel movies too, I also understand what people are saying when they criticize them

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
...i hope he flops and the next comic flick does numbers to shut him up
Both of these men have multiple classics that are etched in stone...you think a possible flop is going to matter at this point?

Look at yall
full

giphy.gif

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
I like Marvel movies too, I also understand what people are saying when they criticize them

I agree.

I think they need to cool out with the films as well. This country has a diversity problem which is why a lot stuff is stale. They might be beating a dead horse too soon

But I think they are trying to ride the super hero wave into the ground to get their money.. as opposed to letting the films sit and the whole fad get overtaken by another. Which unfortunately leads to mediocre films being written for the sake of it

Black Trash!

Daps
Reppin
Na
I ain't read the replies, but this is being extra on Coppola's part:mjlol:
At the end of the day, it's about money
Yeah, Marvel movies lack amazing cinematography and its something I wish they could do better at
But at least they're not like Michael Bay Transformers movies that were literally shytting money and its like they refused to come up with a good movie out of spite for the fans