Marvel Studios only paying comic writers $5k for stories they use in movies

Daps
I love Marvel but these ppl must be stopped. :wow:

Marvel is like the lovable abusive uncle that everybody knows beats his wife, but we have too much fun when he's around to call him out :wow:

Marvel Studios Only Pays Comic Creators $5000 For Using Their Stories
Marvel reportedly only pays comics creators and writers $5,000 along with a ticket to the premiere of the movie their work is being used in.

A new report indicates that Marvel only pays comics creators and writers $5,000 if their stories are used in any of the MCU feature films. To date, Marvel has released 24 films in the MCU, with the 25th premiering next month when Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings hits theaters. Marvel will release two more movies this year: Eternals and the highly anticipated Tom Holland-led Spider-Man: No Way Home, the latter in partnership with Sony. In 2022, Marvel will release a total of five films, each of which are likely to bring in hundreds of millions of dollars, with tentpoles like Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and Black Panther sequel Wakanda Forever being of particular interest.

Marvel Studios has also moved into the streaming realm in 2021, premiering hits like WandaVision, Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and Loki. Winter Soldier co-creator Ed Brubaker revealed his mixed feelings surrounding the show earlier this year, but creators of the iconic characters usually stay mum. Marvel typically honors them with a nod in the credits and it was always assumed that they were receiving compensation in some form or another. Now that new details have come to light, though, the compensation structure may have been revealed.

According to The Guardian, Marvel pays writers or artists whose work is featured in an MCU film a flat $5,000 fee. Three different sources confirmed this amount. Additionally, they also send the creator an invitation to the premiere of the movie their work is featured in. Marvel declined to comment on the matter, citing a concern about privacy when discussing these matters.

Marvel Studios Only Pays Comic Creators $5000 For Using Their Stories

Marvel don't love these hoes :wow:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
he's the president of marvel studios so should be able to hook them up with more than 5k. if not then he needs to push disney execs to do right by them.

That's what he tried to do with Scarlett Johannson and Disney before she sued and they still didn't listen to anything that he said. So why would they listen to him now?

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
That's what he tried to do with Scarlett Johannson and Disney before she sued and they still didn't listen to anything that he said. So why would they listen to him now?

i didn't know that. i read he was embarrassed and disappointed but didn't know he tried to do work behind the scenes. tough spot to be in for marvel writers.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
i didn't know that. i read he was embarrassed and disappointed but didn't know he tried to do work behind the scenes. tough spot to be in for marvel writers.

From what I've read, Bob Iger is "mortified" as well and doesn't like how how his replacement has handled the situation. Granted this particular thread and its story had more than likely been going on even under his watch, yet he didn't do anything to rectify the situation especially since he had the power to actually do so seeing as he was CEO at one point and time.

It all goes back to how Disney has been able to operate for years without any major pushback or criticism because people will still support them regardless

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
From what I've read, Bob Iger is "mortified" as well and doesn't like how how his replacement has handled the situation. Granted this particular thread and its story had more than likely been going on even under his watch, yet he didn't do anything to rectify the situation especially since he had the power to actually do so seeing as he was CEO at one point and time.

It all goes back to how Disney has been able to operate for years without any major pushback or criticism because people will still support them regardless

i read that bob iger quote and just shook my head. he's the chairman so is in the highest position. he easily could've done something but seemed like he threw bob chapek under the bus instead:heh: