Marvel Studios only paying comic writers $5k for stories they use in movies

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Hmmmm from $5000 to 1-5%

Man that’s a dramatic jump, what warrants that Beloved?
it seems like DC actually does something like this for some of their creators which is hilarious when you think about the superman and batman debacle.
I think the winter soldier guy should get some royalties. he reinvented that whole character.
I wonder if bendis gets paid for Miles:jbhmm:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
They’re work for hire stories involving characters and IP the writers don’t own. Disney’s not really in the wrong here. Or if you’re gonna make the moral argument that they are, there’s a much longer list of studios doing this in a much more egregious manner than this.

The actual writer of Forrest Gump didn’t get a dime on the back end. The creators of Superman lost their copyright to Superman, and only got their by-line and pension when the 78 movie came out. Which is still better than Bill Finger, the actual creative force behind Batman, who can’t even get a byline

Yeah Winston Groom not getting paid anything other than what he sold the screenplay for is FOUL. The whole story around Winston and the Forest Gump movie is straight rape'n u records status

Daps
Yeah Winston Groom not getting paid anything other than what he sold the screenplay for is FOUL. The whole story around Winston and the Forest Gump movie is straight rape'n u records status

And they had the audacity to come ask him about sequel.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:ohhh:

I didn't realize kgbeast was in that movie

:ohhh:
They never called him KGBeast in the movie; they just used his real name Anatoly Knyazev in BvS.

E8YwV6wWQAAYyoZ