Marvel's The Defenders - Netflix (Official Thread)

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Finally watching this.

About 4 episodes in. Its....meh. So far. But the hand is trash. They just aren't interesting. Which makes how slow these 4 episodes have been worse.

hopefully it gets better in the 2nd half.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Finally watching this.

About 4 episodes in. Its....meh. So far. But the hand is trash. They just aren't interesting. Which makes how slow these 4 episodes have been worse.

hopefully it gets better in the 2nd half.

It's definitely better when the villain is one or few guys, in this NY based "Defenders" series (Daredevil, JJ, Luke Cage, Ironfist, Punisher) Killgrave, Kingpin and Cottonmouth were the best villains.

Marvel really not strong in these "mystic organization" type villains like the Hand or Hydra. We don't really give a shyt about them or feel their weight because the whole thing is like it came from a conspiracy theory textbook and this way the action mostly consists of the protagonists slacking ghost ninjas and other type of pawns while the main villains don't get enough screen time or importance to feel the weight of them.

I mean... watching Jessica Jones 1 or Daredevil 1 you are thinking about what's the next move of Killgrave or Kingpin. Watching Iron Fist, or Defenders you don't think anything like that, it's rather like... well, the ghost ninjas gonna attack sometimes

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
It's definitely better when the villain is one or few guys, in this NY based "Defenders" series (Daredevil, JJ, Luke Cage, Ironfist, Punisher) Killgrave, Kingpin and Cottonmouth were the best villains.

Marvel really not strong in these "mystic organization" type villains like the Hand or Hydra. We don't really give a shyt about them or feel their weight because the whole thing is like it came from a conspiracy theory textbook and this way the action mostly consists of the protagonists slacking ghost ninjas and other type of pawns while the main villains don't get enough screen time or importance to feel the weight of them.

I mean... watching Jessica Jones 1 or Daredevil 1 you are thinking about what's the next move of Killgrave or Kingpin. Watching Iron Fist, or Defenders you don't think anything like that, it's rather like... well, the ghost ninjas gonna attack sometimes

Agree but I did like season 2 of Jessica Jones

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
:picard:

I've heard bad things about punisher and the new Jessica Jones as well
Only the first ep was a little slow to me but Punisher is flames:ehh:JJ was ok to me with some slowness after a certain part but the ending more than makes up for it :wow:Defenders I'll say was disappointing and I think this should've been the series that was 13 eps. The chemistry between the 4 and Madame Gao along with Stick carried the season.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Almost done. Just 1 episode left

It's so frustrating how badly they fumbled this. I had my problems with Jessica Jones s1 and luke cage,mostly that they were too long and it was obvious they were stretching shyt out,that and killing off cottonmouth only to replace him with a woat level villain. But I liked the characters and any issues I had were easily fixable. But I digress.

They still had a solid foundation. Until iron fist. A total whiff of a show and a terrible casting.

But they doubled down on it because iron fist is arguably the most important character in this series and the hand are the villains.

He's still awful. To the point where I don't even know if its fixable. He's just a total miss and it's bringing down the whole thing.After starting so strong with kingpin,purple man and cottonmouth it's been an enormous drop in villain quality.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
:picard:

I've heard bad things about punisher and the new Jessica Jones as well

Punisher is heat. Starts off slow because it introduces a lot of characters and backstory, but shyt keeps ramping up every episode. Bernthal kills it here and the action scenes will leave you like :wow:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Holy shyt are the green screen effects bad when they get jumped on that elevator going down the hole right before it falls :russ: we sure Scott buck didn't make this?

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
All done.

What a mediocre show. Didn't feel like an event at all. Just felt like another marvel Netflix show but worse.

I will say the only 8 episodes was a huge positive to me. I can't imagine how much worse this would be if they had tried to make this 13 episodes. Honestly wish all of their shows were 8-10 episodes.

Iron fist is still awful. I'm supposed to believe this dude killed a dragon? :mjlol:

DD continues being the best.

I thought it only being 8 episodes and being the event series they would have upped the action and budget but this was as slow as the rest of them. Maybe even worse.

Overall id rank it as the 2nd worse season,in front of iron fist only.

5.5/10

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
All done.

What a mediocre show. Didn't feel like an event at all. Just felt like another marvel Netflix show but worse.

I will say the only 8 episodes was a huge positive to me. I can't imagine how much worse this would be if they had tried to make this 13 episodes. Honestly wish all of their shows were 8-10 episodes.

Iron fist is still awful. I'm supposed to believe this dude killed a dragon? :mjlol:

DD continues being the best.

I thought it only being 8 episodes and being the event series they would have upped the action and budget but this was as slow as the rest of them. Maybe even worse.

Overall id rank it as the 2nd worse season,in front of iron fist only.

5.5/10
Honestly, while I liked the show..I'll have to agree. Especially with the ranking. They definitely didn't have a large budget, and that's disappointing

Black Samurai

Kill or Be Killed
Daps
Reppin
California
I'm already on episode 6 and I'm still waiting for the show to hit it's stride like Luke cage, DD, and Jessica Jones did. I mean it isn't terrible, but it isn't great either. Maybe its just this hand story line. It just isn't very good. It was probably just too soon for a big team up.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I'm already on episode 6 and I'm still waiting for the show to hit it's stride like Luke cage, DD, and Jessica Jones did. I mean it isn't terrible, but it isn't great either. Maybe its just this hand story line. It just isn't very good. It was probably just too soon for a big team up.

For me it’s like

DD1 > JJ1/Punisher > Luke Cage > JJ2 > DD2 > Defenders > Iron Fist

I liked all the first 4 on that list
More mixed feeling but still liked JJ2 and DD2 and didn’t like the last two