Math Hoffa OVERRATED? ???

PasteGod

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is Math one the most overrated battlers in the game? When has he clearly beat a top teir name? Don't get me wrong he's a charismatic star and an og but talent wise he's never been that dope to me.

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's dope and his third against Rex is one of the best rounds ever. Honestly, I don't like the new "friendly" Math too much, he focuses too much to come off as witty and full of bars but at the same time he lost that aggression that indimidated his opponents.

But he has paid his dues and some of his music is actually nice. With that being said, he should battle less, because with so many battles it tends to get boring to see the same guy battling over and over again.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
He beat T-rex

And how's he overrated? I dont see too many ppl thinking too highly of him

International S.

"He never had the makings of a varsity athlete"
Daps
Reppin
Portsmouth, VA
Overrated ...nah, honestly dude is top-top tier, I would love to see him in a rematch against calicoe...since we can get a good verb match

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My list of overrated battle rappers

1. Clipse
2. Hoffa
3. Serius
4. X-Factor
5. Mook
6. Calicoe
7. Tay-Roc
8. Yung Ill
9. DNA

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Not at all. If anything Hoffa is underrated. People love to hate on him because they think he's a bully because of what he did to dose. If you look back at it dose was really in the wrong for getting all in his face. The hate is so strong that people actually say he lost to ars, and the 2nd battle against dose, two battles that he clearly won. As far as top teir imo he beat rex, hitman, and iron In his prime. The only battles I think he clearly lost is verb and cal.
Like someone else said he needs to take less battles. His last battle with daylyt was trash. He mos def not as aggressive as he use to be.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
He hasn't had a :wow: round in a hot minute.

But he's knockin down Bonnie......

Hoffa :salute:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Not at all. If anything Hoffa is underrated. People love to hate on him because they think he's a bully because of what he did to dose. If you look back at it dose was really in the wrong for getting all in his face. The hate is so strong that people actually say he lost to ars, and the 2nd battle against dose, two battles that he clearly won. As far as top teir imo he beat rex, hitman, and iron In his prime. The only battles I think he clearly lost is verb and cal.
Like someone else said he needs to take less battles. His last battle with daylyt was trash. He mos def not as aggressive as he use to be.

Exactly. I think he's extremely underrated. Only thing I disagree with is I think he clearly beat Verb.

First off, not even sure how he's a bully, how is it his fault other grown ass men are intimidated by him?

A lot of people arguments for why they don't like him have nothing to do with actual bars and performance. To me, he's top 5 right now.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Only losses math clearly got IMO is verb and calicoe

But verb is debatable I just felt math 2nd was long and boring and his 3rd ended horribly while verb had one of them classic 2nd rds and his 3rd ended better IMO

And y'all know how I feel bout the calicoe shyt any other crowd any other circumstances math washes cal easy

But overrated is too much not when you got trash dudes like mook commanding top tier battles and his battle with Solomon was dumpster water

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
who overrates Math? Dude is witty, can have some hard lines and then have some comical lines. He aint the same without the aggression though. Dude is one of the few cats from the DVD era still battling and he still cant get a battle with mook or lux.

Math is just rated. Aint nobody forcing him on cards(DNA) or shoving him into top matches(hollow) or ignoring his shytty performances (clips)

hes over-saturated right now though. dude has a battle every week but he aint overrated

California Burrito

Slangin' Chorizo
Daps
Reppin
619, CA
math has 0 talent, no flow, no delivery, no real performence.... he just talks for 3 rounds and throws a couple jokes in there.... hes pat stays black twin brother

:dead:

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Math is hated for some reason people don't give his bars any credit and for the most part his humor is funny to me with some notable exceptions lol I think verb battle is debatable to this day one of my fav battles that hardly ever gets mentioned in URL classics but to me it is one, he lost to cal only in the building IMO he seemed legit angry and it affected his performance, I think he spilt with day cause his second rd was boring but I have him winning every other battle so

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410
Math is pretty dope and the misses he does have you don't see people gassing which would need to be the case before I would consider someone truly overrated.