Math Hoffa OVERRATED? ???

JimmyTuna

ghetto diplomat
Daps
Reppin
peeedro
Math hoffa didnt do well in Dontflop, BRA, and KingoftheDot besides that hes one of the illest writers in URL.

rahji

I ain't never seen no talking winning nothing.
Daps
Reppin
Glenlivet
Why Hoffa is an MC that I can like:
  • He came out at first on some real shyt, and really put in work early in his career like when he went up against Solomon when IS had that heavy buzz and was duffing everybody out. The class scheme against him really worked and people forgot about Math's verses as much, but oh well.
  • Dude has longevity in the game and hasn't been one dimensional with it
  • The humor really does fit in well with all the rest of the MCs. When a person who was called a bully and embraced that title uses humor, it's nice to keep things fresh in what could otherwise just be the same formula.
And if you say that Math's style is softer now, I agree - but its more to reach out and have appeal with more audiences. I think his reception in leagues like Dont Flop was way better than Clips, Ars, DNA because his style was easier to adapt to and feel for a wider (not typical smack) audience.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I never thought Math was great, but he has some bars. I'll give him that.

I still think Iron Solomon beat him though :yeshrug:

I also always felt Math took Jones style and ran with it. I remember Solomon calling him out on it...

"I head before the Smack appearances, I heard dude rap sounding like he was one of Shaq's apprentices (Fu Schnickens)
Used to spit like Bones Thugs, but got no love, so now he tries to rhyme like Serius Jones does"

:lolbron:

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
He beat Verb IMO

Now VERB is a OVERRATED Nikka if you wanna talk about overrated.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I don't see how anyone can watch math vs john john and say math don't got bars. It's like it's just popular to say that shyt.

Math has bars... he's gonna body Serius so bad. :pachaha:

Why couldn't Math vs Hitman be URL??? :damn:
Bar for bar, that's still the best battle I've seen all year.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Math has bars... he's gonna body Serius so bad. :pachaha:

Why couldn't Math vs Hitman be URL??? :damn:
Bar for bar, that's still the best battle I've seen all year.

Is even a real version out yet? All I saw was these dudes reciting they verses to cameras on youtube cause the event was so jenky.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Is even a real version out yet? All I saw was these dudes reciting they verses to cameras on youtube cause the event was so jenky.
It's been out for months. All the battles been out for months. It's on KingJuce.com tho. You gotta pay like 3.99 I think to see them all. I paid it.