lions were a winning organization before the shytty fords took over

i guarantee the year they sell the team they win 3 super bowls

but they refuse to

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
Ok this doesn't sit well with me. He quit because the team sucked, so he was willing to stay in the league and get further injuries if he played for a contender?

Leaving the game because of body issues is fine, but throwing your ex team under the bus aint cool.
nikka dont :cape: for the bum ass lions. They wasted his career :scust:

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Him and TO are my favorite wide receivers of all time props to him leaving on his own terms.

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Ok this doesn't sit well with me. He quit because the team sucked, so he was willing to stay in the league and get further injuries if he played for a contender?

Leaving the game because of body issues is fine, but throwing your ex team under the bus aint cool.
It is cool if the team has been trash forever and doesn't get better. These idiots took like what 4 WR as a top pick four years in a row? :what: They always had piss poor management.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
It is cool if the team has been trash forever and doesn't get better. These idiots took like what 4 WR as a top pick four years in a row? :what: They always had piss poor management.

All ballers in college, yet all of em were trash/average in the league. (except Megatron)
Amazing

2003 Charles Rogers - recent article on him: http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...harles-rogers-michigan-state-lions/100577018/

2004 Roy Williams
2005 Mike Williams (BEAST ON NCAA FOOTBALL)
2007 Calvin Johnson

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
All ballers in college, yet all of em were trash/average in the league. (except Megatron)
Amazing

2003 Charles Rogers - recent article on him: http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...harles-rogers-michigan-state-lions/100577018/

2004 Roy Williams
2005 Mike Williams (BEAST ON NCAA FOOTBALL)
2007 Calvin Johnson
Still retarded to go four years straight at one position and you got a million others to fill. I like the new management with the 49ers. Everybody swore we were talking that crab Mitch Tribusky. Once I saw Lynch as GM. I knew were going to take a defensive player first. Then they finessed the Bears to get more picks. Then they ignored all the experts and picked a LB beast in Foster. That's great management when you try to fill your holes in the roster the best way you can than putting it all on one position you need.

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
He didn't play a chip like TO, Randy, Jerry, Fitz, or even Chad

That Cowboy game was Cal full potential. He played angry and dominated from beginning to end. Too many games he would coast during the game. Then would explode for a 80 yd td. At the end of the game it would make his stats look amazing. But In reality he just made a couple plays

Well, he'd explode for a 79 yd GAIN and then get caught at the 1 (if we want to be more accurate).

Not to belabor the point too much, but Calvin just comes across as passive-aggressive and seems to have been that way. I'm seeing guys in here saying the organization let him down and I recall him saying he wanted to win, but he also recall him saying that he wanted to do that with the Lions.

Lions' Calvin Johnson: I haven't asked for a trade

Receiver Calvin Johnson, a high-profile asset and the target of rampant trade speculation, said he did not approach Mayhew about requesting a trade while the team is mired in a 1-7 start.

"No, I haven't got to a point where I've said that," Johnson said today at his locker. "I'm just always trying to play ball. I love my teammates, so that hasn't crossed my mind."

Johnson, 30, would have been the most logical player the Lions could trade, considering his age and $24-million cap number for 2016. But Johnson said he is loyal to the Lions and has not thought about whether he would be willing to rework his hefty contract — a seven-year, $113,450,000 deal that runs through 2019 — if he would have been traded to a contender such as the New England Patriots.

"Like I said, I haven't really thought about all that stuff," he said. "I'm just here to play football. I'm here in the moment. So I'm not really thinking about it."

If you don't want to play here anymore, don't re-sign.

If you re-sign and don't want to play here anymore, ask for a trade.

Don't be wishy-washy and salty after the fact and expect them to just let you return to sign anywhere. You're the same age as Beast Mode, and the Seahawks got something back for him when he decided to come back to the league.

Mediocre :what: the lions have had ONE winning season since I've been alive as well as a 0-16 season. I don't think they've ever been to the second round. 60 something years in a major market city and nothing but Ls. I'd be damned if I was getting hurt every Sunday just to lose and your bosses do not care because they still get paid

We've been to the playoffs three times in the past 6 years though, breh.. :dwillhuh:

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Calvin Johnson is the second greatest player ever to play for the Detroit Lions. The Lions shouldn't have went after a penny of his signing bonus, and offer his unconditional release if he so desired.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Well, he'd explode for a 79 yd GAIN and then get caught at the 1 (if we want to be more accurate).

Not to belabor the point too much, but Calvin just comes across as passive-aggressive and seems to have been that way. I'm seeing guys in here saying the organization let him down and I recall him saying he wanted to win, but he also recall him saying that he wanted to do that with the Lions.

Lions' Calvin Johnson: I haven't asked for a trade

If you don't want to play here anymore, don't re-sign.

If you re-sign and don't want to play here anymore, ask for a trade.

Don't be wishy-washy and salty after the fact and expect them to just let you return to sign anywhere. You're the same age as Beast Mode, and the Seahawks got something back for him when he decided to come back to the league.

We've been to the playoffs three times in the past 6 years though, breh.. :dwillhuh:

Lions front office are on the same bullshyt they always have been. They went after calvin signing bonus to prove a point & they won't trade calvin. There were rumored multiple first round pick offers for Barry in 1999 and they rather let him stay retired than do business. When Dallas, Seattle, Pittsburgh, New England do it one way and Detroit do it another way, that's a sign