Meghan Markle says she was never ‘treated like a Black woman’ before dating Prince Harry

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Your favorite poster's favorite poster.
I would feel sorry for her but she married into a family of colonialists who have shown that they were racist even before she was on the scene. She had all that information at her disposal in an age where most kinds of information is accessible and still made the decision she made.:yeshrug:

PL368Z

All Star
Daps
Birecial, I thought she was Quadroon or something.

That woman is definitely not black though, her black ancestry is probably around 15 to 25%.

Last edited:

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Why do we then?

Who is we? EYE have always called her a biracial person. When a biracial person declares they're not black but biracial EYE call them that. It doesn't bother me but they better not try to link up with "the blacks" when it benefits them. AHT AHT Ms/Mr Mullato stay in the middle

the-wire-no.gif

Coco Loco

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fact of the matter is she never really claimed to be Black, she wasn't Black culturally, she pretty exclusively dated white men and then when she found some real WHITE people, the descendants of colonizers, she realized that she couldn't PASS in their eyes and now she wants the sympathy of the Black community she never was a part of.

All of this. She can cry herself a river and I'll be unfazed. I don't have sympathy for crying white women :sas2:

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
What’s clear to me is that Mariah has always been much more comfortable in her “blackness” per say than Megan has been and still is.

Megan rubs me the wrong way and I don’t feel bad for her.
Maybe because her siblings are a bit darker than her. Idk.

I'm sure they would have a harder time denying they were part black.

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
I dont get how she's so white passing.

I clocked her as black the 1sttime I saw her on TV.

Mariah (with blonde hair), Halsey, and that guy from Prison Break look way water than MM.

Daps
She’s not only damn near white

(It literally took me 2 episodes of her in Suits before I realized she was black)

but she’s also pretty and she’s a celebrity …

All three are a lethal combination which leads to everyone kissing your ass …
100%.

Tricky part is that not all mixed people have her experience. She's light enough to pass as anything not Black. Some mixed people just look like Black people with brown skin. They learn the ropes early and accept being "mixed" but treated as "Black."

She never got treated as "Black" so she's getting a crash course now.

Always feel like mixed kids do better when they spend a lot of time around Black folks. Definitely easier for boys though. Girls gotta deal with all kinds of weird shyt when it comes to colorism...dark skinned and light skinned.

Coco Loco

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I dont get how she's so white passing.

I clocked her as black the 1sttime I saw her on TV.

Mariah (with blonde hair), Halsey, and that guy from Prison Break look way water than MM.

You're only focusing on her physical appearance but the entire package is how it was so easy for her pass in her mind. Nothing about her is culturally black. I guarantee you she always assimilated with white kids her entire life and is culturally white in her mind. So it's more than her looking non white, it's her not looking fully black and using that as an advantage in every way to disassociate from her blackness. It also makes me look at her mom in disgust. Her mama is fully black, like how tf! SMH

Last edited:

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
Fact of the matter is she never really claimed to be Black, she wasn't Black culturally, she pretty exclusively dated white men and then when she found some real WHITE people, the descendants of colonizers, she realized that she couldn't PASS in their eyes and now she wants the sympathy of the Black community she never was a part of.
/thread

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're only focusing on her physical appearance but the entire package is how it was so easy for her pass in her mind. Nothing about her is culturally black. I guarantee you she always assimilated with white kids her entire life and is culturally white in her mind. So it's more than her looking non white, it's her not looking fully black and using that as an advantage in every way to disassociate from her blackness. It's also makes me look at her mom in disgust. Her mama is fully black, like how tf! SMH

That's typical when the mom is black