Which was The Better Movie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MoneyBags

Dapper Don Don Boss of Bosses Chief of Chiefs
Daps
Reppin
East Side!
Menace hands down. I never liked boys in the hood, having Cuba Golding jr in it just killed it for me, i can't take this nikka serious in this type of role.

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
cuba-gooding-jr-los-angeles-premiere-of_3969501.jpg

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
I think ya'll are really on to something with Cuba making Boyz difficult to watch nowadays. You try to watch and shake the fact that this niqqa did snow dogs, and carved out such lame corny career, but thats almost impossible. Boyz has low replay value, and its almost all because of him. It woulda been great if he and Morris Chestnut flip flopped roles, and it was Cuba who got blasted at the end...or better yet, if another up and coming young black actor woulda assumed that role like Omar Epps. What about Pac in Cuba's role...dayum!

Speaking of young dynamic black actors....shout out to Larenz tate, who pulled off one of the great acting jobs with O-Dog. He was a 5'2 brotha from the burbs, that went to school with Malcolm Jamal warner, and yet he was devastatingly convincing as a remorseless, hood sociopath. If he was taller, he woulda been a huge star, cause the brotha's chops on the acting tip were outta this world. He was fantastic in Dead Pres too.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
I like Menace better. It seemed more realistic,funny and relateable to me. Cuba's lame ass always bothered me for a reason.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
When watching Boyz N The Hood now, the movie seems a bit cheesy. Boyz N The Hood was one of those "had to be there" type of movies. It was great the time but it hasn't aged well. Menace keeps you entertained throughout the whole movie. It's held up a whole lot better too.

Menace wins IMO. :wow:

Oh yeah, Juice was a better movie than Boyz N The Hood too.

yo moms

drunk
Daps
I think ya'll are really on to something with Cuba making Boyz difficult to watch nowadays. You try to watch and shake the fact that this niqqa did snow dogs, and carved out such lame corny career, but thats almost impossible. Boyz has low replay value, and its almost all because of him. It woulda been great if he and Morris Chestnut flip flopped roles, and it was Cuba who got blasted at the end...or better yet, if another up and coming young black actor woulda assumed that role like Omar Epps. What about Pac in Cuba's role...dayum!

Speaking of young dynamic black actors....shout out to Larenz tate, who pulled off one of the great acting jobs with O-Dog. He was a 5'2 brotha from the burbs, that went to school with Malcolm Jamal warner, and yet he was devastatingly convincing as a remorseless, hood sociopath. If he was taller, he woulda been a huge star, cause the brotha's chops on the acting tip were outta this world. He was fantastic in Dead Pres too.

5'2? :lupe:

I didn't notice

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Boyz in the Hood is more well rounded, but Menace II Society done had a generation of nikkas brainwashed into thinking that they can be O-Dog.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:ohlawd:

A.J.Soprano

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Burnt SUVs, Swimming Pools, Dominican dimes and Al
Menace II Society had more violence but Boys was an overall better film and sent a better message to the youth.

Menace was basically mindless violence and cursing for 2 hours and then one small sentence of a dude realizing he did wrong at the very last minute.

Boyz demonstrated much better the value of how a life can change for the better if two parents are involved in the childs ubringing and what could happen to u if u choose to live that street life

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
(watching a boxing match)

Doc: :ohmy: :damn: DAMN man, this dude on TV whipping this boy ass! I'm tellin you, this a good ass fight. :russ: This look like Caine beatin yo ass the other night, man!

(preparing to mail a copy of the Korean store murder/robbery tape to the cops)

Chauncey: :dry: Yeah nikka? I bet you Caine won't be laughin when 5-0 get a hold of this muthafukkin tape. You can bet that shyt, nikka.

Doc: Beatin him. Hey look man, if this was Caine beatin yo ass on this TV--

Chauncey: :hmm: Man nikka, fukk CAINE, nikka!!! (knocks stuff off table) Muthafukkin Caine, don't talk to me about no gotdamn Caine!

Doc: :rudy: Man, fukk you!

Chauncey: :hmm: Fat, pudgy-ass muthafukka!

Doc: :childplease: If this was you on TV, you got ya ass whipped, I don't give a fukk what you talkin about.

:laff: :deadmanny:

when son said this shyt i literally bust out laughing, im surprise it wasnt chauncey trying to get back at caine for that shyt.

sad what has become of Saafir (dude who played harold in the movie)

rip928

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Savannah, Ga
Ice cube giving us a gem at the end of boyz in the hood was the most powerful moment between the two. Ricky and caine getting lit up cancel each other out. Boyz n the hood was the best overall