Menace II Society vs Boyz N The Hood

Which was The Better Movie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
I cant relate to both movies. that haircutting scene reminds me of some stuff my father would tell me. got to go with Boyz In The Hood.

i think Menace is low-key a funny ass film.

nikkai want ya daytons and ya.muthafukkin stereo..an' I'll take a double burger wit cheese lol

LevelUp

Don't Like My Threads, Blow The Whistle
Daps
Menace seemed to glamorize California violence and criminal culture.

i think the hughes brothers said they edited down the original film because they felt it was to out there originally

LevelUp

Don't Like My Threads, Blow The Whistle
Daps

chauncey: why you come to this mothafukka so early all the time man?
nick: you... you said 1 o'clock
chauncey: i dont give a fukk what i said nikka. i dont get out the bed til 230 dont come to this motha fukka so early all the time man

:dead:

"hope you find your way down compton avenue mothafukka" :mjlol:

Stay Seeking

Banned
Daps
i think the hughes brothers said they edited down the original film because they felt it was to out there originally

Menace isn't on my top films list, however I thought they did good with Book of Eli and From Hell. Even as a kid I felt they tried too hard with Menace, probably because they're from Detroit and were raised in Middle Eastern household, they probably couldn't connect with Cali like most black men could.

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps

I don't see how lol American Me came out right before Menace and after seeing that they went back and worked on it some more which i feel 'cause that shyt is still hard to watch to this day lol ...even with what they edited it down to Menace was so raw they had to go left with Dead Pres, American Pimp, From Hell just like John Singleton after Boyz with Poetic, Higher,& Rosewood

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
Boyz N The Hood packed a lot of social issues into it and didn't bog down the film, Menace seemed to glamorize California violence and criminal culture.

Naw bruh there's nothin about Menace that's no kind of glamorous...It's really what happens to those kids (O Dogg Harold Caine) who had no other choice but hustlin or chance of leaving the hood...We saw Rick was on his way to college and got murdered as did Sharif who changed his life too and still got hit by them strays... and in one split second Lil Anthony coulda been hit too if Caine hadn't gotten to him in time...:mjcry:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I don't see how lol American Me came out right before Menace and after seeing that they went back and worked on it some more which i feel 'cause that shyt is still hard to watch to this day lol ...even with what they edited it down to Menace was so raw they had to go left with Dead Pres, American Pimp, From Hell just like John Singleton after Boyz with Poetic, Higher,& Rosewood
American Me is powerful film making. Movie sticks with u.

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
American Me is powerful film making. Movie sticks with u.

Saw that in Cali back in '92 and that shyt fukked my head up big time and I was just 10-11 ..Heard a lot of people got hit afterwards 'cause the ese big dogs was hot about them givin up game in the piece :merchant: