Michael B. Jordan May Direct a 3rd Creed Film

Booker Carver

Pro
Supporter
Daps
My son and I went to see it today since he was out of school. We enjoyed it. Thought he did a great job with the direction. Enjoyed how they ended it too. Black love!

Danes character had those Hajime No Ippo bob and weaves. And when they were boxing it was like they went to visit the ancestors like in Black Panther.

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Better then the 2nd one, so I'm straight.

1) Def some good Girl Dad moments. #24 would be proud.
2) Not a Majors stan but I thought he was good. He could have been great if they really let him loose (More in the spoiler part). If def felt like he studied Tyson in the intimidation factor, physique, etc. Liked his funny facial expression.
3) MBJ- Like him as a director, his experimental stuff. But as an actor. Some of his emotions like anger, crying was cool. But he's still feel like he's reading lines at part. Lacks the emotion to deliver lines.
4) Tessa Thompson- I don't remember the other films like that. But she really took some bs Creed. Maybe that's just her character but it was kinda hard to believe she would react the way she did at parts. Especially as a Black woman.

5) boxing spoiler
The match between the Mexican and Majors was great. His dirty fighting. The doubt of whether he was gonna be in a coma or die. Why in the world did Majors dial it down in his fight with Creed. Was he just more prepared? Maybe. But He still should have been dirty. Would have been way more entertaining. The Creed/Majors fight just felt like a regular match. I mean the body blow to MBJ was dope. The artistic stuff was dope. But that was not a great fight

Majors should have been a little more evil. Even if he had something to do with Claire Huxtable getting sick. Or an insult to his wife and kid. Or mess with his money Or killed that mexican or paralyzed him. Something.

Overall this was solid. I'd watch it again if it was tv. Not seeing it at the show again though.

ArchStanton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think he figured he could beat Adonis straight up and didn't want to mess around with those tactics. I think he would've beat Felix without fighting dirty, but he wasn't taking no chances.

If you want to inject reality into it (risky with Rocky/Creed movies!), the ref would have been looking for him to be dirty since he pulled the wool over the other ref.

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I think he figured he could beat Adonis straight up and didn't want to mess around with those tactics. I think he would've beat Felix without fighting dirty, but he wasn't taking no chances.

If you want to inject reality into it (risky with Rocky/Creed movies!), the ref would have been looking for him to be dirty since he pulled the wool over the other ref.
Well, I'd rather have the reverse then. Play it straight in the 1st fight. Then dirty in the Creed one. But I hear what you saying.

Passaro

All Star
Daps
Better then the 2nd one, so I'm straight.

1) Def some good Girl Dad moments. #24 would be proud.
2) Not a Majors stan but I thought he was good. He could have been great if they really let him loose (More in the spoiler part). If def felt like he studied Tyson in the intimidation factor, physique, etc. Liked his funny facial expression.
3) MBJ- Like him as a director, his experimental stuff. But as an actor. Some of his emotions like anger, crying was cool. But he's still feel like he's reading lines at part. Lacks the emotion to deliver lines.
4) Tessa Thompson- I don't remember the other films like that. But she really took some bs Creed. Maybe that's just her character but it was kinda hard to believe she would react the way she did at parts. Especially as a Black woman.

5) boxing spoiler
The match between the Mexican and Majors was great. His dirty fighting. The doubt of whether he was gonna be in a coma or die. Why in the world did Majors dial it down in his fight with Creed. Was he just more prepared? Maybe. But He still should have been dirty. Would have been way more entertaining. The Creed/Majors fight just felt like a regular match. I mean the body blow to MBJ was dope. The artistic stuff was dope. But that was not a great fight

Majors should have been a little more evil. Even if he had something to do with Claire Huxtable getting sick. Or an insult to his wife and kid. Or mess with his money Or killed that mexican or paralyzed him. Something.

Overall this was solid. I'd watch it again if it was tv. Not seeing it at the show again though.

The dirty boxing was something Adonis was well prepared for and there were a few times mentioned throughout the film where the concept of focus, precision, and tactics were far more important than raw punching power. Dame was driven by his anger too much, a flaw that Adonis has already conquered by this stage in his life. I'd have to re-watch, but I think Dame tried the shoulder shot he did to Chavez in the first round and Adonis immediately adapted. Beyond that, a few characters mentioned that Dame wasn't really a "boxer" more so than an angry man with a decent foundation from his Golden Glove experience. The prison time didn't help in the end and Dame also never had that experience in the ring to improve his skillset in other areas required to succeed in the ring. That's my take on it.

distinguishedNOW

THIS MY GOTDAMN HOUSE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wake.
5) boxing spoiler

Yeah I was lowkey thinking the same that Majors was being too clean for the Creed fight. I did ultimately just attribute that to Creed was still his mans at the end of the day and he didn’t really have that true hate for him. He def wanted to win and all that but either felt he could do it without needing the dirty tactics or ultimately didn’t really have that killer instinct fighting his boy.

Him having something to do with his moms passing might’ve been a little too crazy for me :laugh: .

I feel like they did just enough to build up Majors to make me believe he was a threat. As best possible for a 2hr movie anyway. Even a casual boxing fan would’ve always needed to suspend some disbelief on how they got to the final fight.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
It was very good but not great. The acting and direction were really good. The fights were fantastic. Writing was good too but the character arc for Damien didn't feel congruent through the end. It felt like they took a short cut. Me and my boyfriend both felt like something was missing. And honestly
everything just wrapped up a little too neatly with a happy ending. Damien was clearly off his rocker and should have remained so until the end. That Hallmark ending was kinda lame and disingenuous.
But overall very entertaining and MJB definitely shows promise as a director. 8/10

BunchePark

Coli N Calisthenics
Daps
Reppin
Broward
maybe I'm mistaken but I think he did try to fight dirty in round two

Wood Harris says to Adonis when he is on the stool something like "he is going to try and fight dirty now but you're prepared for it"

pretty sure they showed two instances of him trying the dirty shyt in that round and Adonis counters both times

so he had to run it head up

I liked the movie good start to the weekend glad to support

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
It was very good but not great. The acting and direction were really good. The fights were fantastic. Writing was good too but the character arc for Damien didn't feel congruent through the end. It felt like they took a short cut. Me and my boyfriend both felt like something was missing. And honestly
everything just wrapped up a little too neatly with a happy ending. Damien was clearly off his rocker and should have remained so until the end. That Hallmark ending was kinda lame and disingenuous.
But overall very entertaining and MJB definitely shows promise as a director. 8/10
Yeah i can see why that lil clean asa ending would not satisfy many. I for sure dude would pull an Andrew Golota and probably shoot or sucker punch Creed when he came over after fight. For a dude who waited 18 years for that opportunity and even coordinated his title shot, he sure as hell gave up easy after that L.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
The fights were damned near perfect! You see the inspirations seep in in the final fight.

Featured-Goku-Vs-Majin-Vegeta-Punch.jpg

Last edited: