Michael Irvin says he was happiest playing football in college because he was broke

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Depends on your field and company. Some fields/companies are more stable than others.

If you study 40 hours a week in college, work 25 hours a week, have a rinky dink spot that you have to share with other men and are barely getting by, living check to check, you’ll be more stressed at that point then when you’re only working 40 hours a week, have your own spot and are comfortably making ends meet with left over money to save and splurge
Okay, yes if you use the most extreme case, being in college can somewhat be comparable to being an Adult. BTW is your username in reference to you running a company that sells books? If so PM me.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The data says, I am speaking for Black folks. My pockets say, I should be the one saying speak for yourself but I have a conscious and I understand how the world works. Negros like you just talk shyt with no reasoning

Ain’t no fukkin data.

Did white supremacy stop nikkas from dropping out of high school?

Did it stop them from going to college or getting a GED?

Did it stop them from getting a trade?

Every setback I’ve ever had was cause of my own doing. Got kicked out of a HBCU cause of my own dumbass mistakes.

And I got my shyt together without the help of anyone black or white.

Stop blaming other folks for our failures. There are plenty of opportunities out there but some folks would rather sit around smoke all day & try to find a quick come up instead of grinding and working for it.

chowism

King of Short Gang
Daps
Stupid nikka, look at the data, look at nikkas in this damn thread. Ain't no white person saying life was better broke? Have you heard that shyt from Richard Brunson? No. Because white people on average live in communities where no one they are around need you for their surivial you stupid fukk.
Giving grown people money that ain't going to invest it into making more money is a waste no matter how much you try to spin it. This nikka has given his family plenty dough and they still need more meaning it's a waste. I'm not going to let anyone be a grown ass child needing me to support them it's stupid. If you watched the 30/30 going broke special all of them athletes talking about going broke taking care of family.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Ain’t no fukkin data.

Every setback I’ve ever had was cause of my own doing. Got kicked out of a HBCU cause of my own dumbass mistakes.

Stop blaming other folks for our failures. There are plenty of opportunities out there but some folks would rather sit around smoke all day & try to find a quick come up instead of grinding and working for it.
Yes
Yes
Yes
Good for you but to act as a barrier to you isn't a brick wall for many others is a part of the fukking problem..

White supremacy plays a massive role in our decisions, roles in life's, personal dealings, hell, the way we look at the world. So for a dumb fukk like you to even have the capacity to disagree with me, you gotta be out of your mother fukking mind son.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah man. Main reason I don't move back home either. Nothing is worse than being black and other cats thinking "you got it". That shyt can get old. And I'm not even a millionaire like Mike.

But college was carefree and shyt, so I definitely feel him on that. And he was an athlete in college, so it's not like he had hard classes and shyt especially even at a school like Miami with a high academic reputation.

Yea and he was the big man on campus

Famous but not a millionaire

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Ain’t no fukkin data.

Ummm...:yes. Those things do play factors in black education in this country.

To outright deny structural racism in education is trash.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
That’s not an extreme case imo. It’s a combination of people who don’t have privileged backgrounds yet are still extremely ambitious. I know a lot of STEM ppl who are living that lifestyle. Even more the case for people from immigrant backgrounds. It’s just not glamourous so Hollywood doesn’t make American pie esque movies about it

People from privileged backgrounds can treat College like a summer camp because they don’t have to work

People who aren’t ambitious can treat school like summer camp because their majors ain’t shyt

Also I don’t run a company that sells books, just a man with soul who appreciates reading
You mean people who are going for degrees that will put them in the high 80's when they graduate from school have to work a shytload? Well yea homie, that's how it goes. I will stand firm that school is not comparable to adult work life, unless you have extenuating circumstances.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Giving grown people money that ain't going to invest it into making more money is a waste no matter how much you try to spin it. This nikka has given his family plenty dough and they still need more meaning it's a waste. I'm not going to let anyone be a grown ass child needing me to support them it's stupid. If you watched the 30/30 going broke special all of them athletes talking about going broke taking care of family.
Dumbass, the basis of Mikes feelings isn't the root of their needs. Mike felt blogged down due to their own needs. He said, ill help the kids cause they got a chance but not you. Why did they have to get their needs from Mike? Jeff George parents ever did. John Elways parents never. Brett Favre country bumpkin was never did but Mike and many Blacks do because we were never made fukking whole you idiot. That's why when Mike scores a TD for the Canes. His whole family felt that way. Mike was a horse. He was their winning ticket. Their ticket out of poverty. Why are Blacks in poverty as a collective. Why don't we have the one family member away from success like white folks and all other races have? This is why I hate stupid nikkas on the sports subfourm. This is not entertainment to you c00ns, this is your life. You live through these athletes.

You nikkas just too stupid to wake the fukk up and if you can't wake up, shut the fukk up when someone who's knows what he's talking about is talking to you. nikkas, you got a real issue with talking when you don't know shyt. I notice you don't do this with white folks either. Just with other Black people.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Ummm...:yes. Those things do play factors in black education in this country.

To outright deny structural racism in education is trash.
It's egregious when you think about it. I say that as a nikka who many people do look up to but I'll be the first to say this shyt wasn't easy and no most of y'all won't make it and it won't be your fault either. It takes luck, prep, opportunties, being at the right place at the right time, crediticals and most importantly for me, God

NYCReb, same probably for you. What you and your wife has done is amazing but most Black folks have no shot regardless if they tired

chowism

King of Short Gang
Daps
Dumbass, the basis of Mikes feelings isn't the root of their needs. Mike felt blogged down due to their own needs. He said, ill help the kids cause they got a chance but not you. Why did they have to get their needs from Mike? Jeff George parents ever did. John Elways parents never. Brett Favre country bumpkin was never did but Mike and many Blacks do because we were never made fukking whole you idiot. That's why when Mike scores a TD for the Canes. His whole family felt that way. Mike was a horse. He was their winning ticket. Their ticket out of poverty. Why are Blacks in poverty as a collective. Why don't we have the one family member away from success like white folks and all other races have? This is why I hate stupid nikkas on the sports subfourm. This is not entertainment to you c00ns, this is your life. You live through these athletes.

You nikkas just too stupid to wake the fukk up and if you can't wake up, shut the fukk up when someone who's knows what he's talking about is talking to you. nikkas, you got a real issue with talking when you don't know shyt. I notice you don't do this with white folks either. Just with other Black people.
Why the fukk are you so emotional in your responses nikka? I didn't even read all your post because you can't debate like a grown man. You're excused nikka I won't bless you with my responses anymore until you act like an adult.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
That’s not an extreme case imo. It’s a combination of people who don’t have privileged backgrounds yet are still extremely ambitious. I know a lot of STEM ppl who are living that lifestyle. Even more the case for people from immigrant backgrounds. It’s just not glamourous so Hollywood doesn’t make American pie esque movies about it

People from privileged backgrounds can treat College like a summer camp because they don’t have to work

People who aren’t ambitious can treat school like summer camp because their majors ain’t shyt

Also I don’t run a company that sells books, just a man with soul who appreciates reading
There is not a lot of you. I been to the graduations, we are lucky if we see ten DoS male walking in these engineering majors. We can tell by how loud we get and how we turn up. No need to lie but there isn't that many of us. Black people got away of looking at shyt like white people. There are five negros in this class for 60, there is a lot of negros...

Last edited:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Why the fukk are you so emotional in your responses nikka? I didn't even read all your post because you can't debate like a grown man. You're excused nikka I won't bless you with my responses anymore until you act like an adult.
nikka, shut up. Just listen damnit. You talking stupid, you are going v. Reality, data and sense. I had to check your dumbass. Don't do it again.

Wait, did this dumb nikka say bless me with his post? Son. Son :scust:

nikkas mane... :francis: