Michael Jordan's brand is making one big mistake

Jayou Ayen

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The East Bay
People love to overreact, Adidas isn't even remotely a threat to Nike at the moment. Yes, retros don't sell out instantly, but except for a few models, a majority of their stock is sold in the first few weeks. Adidas is thriving off the limited stock of NMDs, Yeezeys, and Ultraboosts. If those models dropped in any quantity similar to what Nike does, there'd be no resale value and way less hype.
That could have a long term effect, slowly building up the Adidas brand's prestige. But you still gotta sell hella shoes to be #1, and Adidas isn't doing numbers like that.

*Hulks Up*

got that new coli smell
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The D (where it's so cold)
Their problem is they can't make a new shoe to save their lives. They just re-release old shyt.
This. In my opinion the problem with the after AJ17-18, JB started taking the fashion aspect seriously, before Nike was just trying to design performance shoes with certain personal influences from Jordan sometimes they were bulky (AJ1) sometimes minimal to the point of plain (AJ7), but they were never aimed at being mostly fashionable. I don't know, the brand has lost that balance that made the shoes unique.

It's also the nature of fashion, in the early years I'm sure this is a return of marketshare for Adidas who had the 80's and early 90's to themselves and are returning back to that time.:manny:

I'm 39 and the blandness of Yeezy's (Adidas versions atleast) boggles my mind, those shoes look plain as hell, not terrible just ordinary I can't see the logic behind anyone paying out the ass for those.

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
yeezys made it cool for people to wear adiddas
u used to get clowned for wearing them
nike shoulda gave yesus his royalties

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
J's will never go out of style. Never. adidas hype right now is just a fad I believe. They do make some dope kicks though.

It's a buyer's market for J's right now. Deadstock shoes are going for less than retail on some of the general releases.

JB's issue right now is oversupply, overpriced ($500 for the Last Shot pack?! I copped two pairs :guilty:), and too many Jordan's that release weekly, monthly, annually. They've cannibalized themselves where collectors have to allocate and budget their money to only certain releases. JB has robbed the exclusivity aspect of their shoe which is the main thing adidas and Yeezy's are thriving off of right now.

JLova

Veteran
Daps
yeezys made it cool for people to wear adiddas
u used to get clowned for wearing them
nike shoulda gave yesus his royalties

:mjlol:

Stop it. Adidas have always been popular. Just not as popular as Nike and Jordan brand.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
People love to overreact, Adidas isn't even remotely a threat to Nike at the moment. Yes, retros don't sell out instantly, but except for a few models, a majority of their stock is sold in the first few weeks. Adidas is thriving off the limited stock of NMDs, Yeezeys, and Ultraboosts. If those models dropped in any quantity similar to what Nike does, there'd be no resale value and way less hype.
That could have a long term effect, slowly building up the Adidas brand's prestige. But you still gotta sell hella shoes to be #1, and Adidas isn't doing numbers like that.

nikka please
Why Adidas is outperforming Nike, Under Armour

nike already backing down with the lofty goal they set. nike knows what's up. i dont even like adidas, but they are definitely a threat. i see nikkas copping NMDs everywhere. boost changed everything. and then yeezy. and then lifestyle direction.

only thing adidas lack is a good looking hoop shoe since d rose 2.5. they have yet to figure that out. they were selling d roses like hotcakes, but who knew rose is made of a glass?

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
The sooner people stop buying J's the better. ADDIDAS is the future.

I'm rocking addidas dman near 24/7 now. Perfect for work, fitness, and street wear. Awesome product.

I havent worn a pair of J'S since 2012. All Adidas for me, shyt i dont even wear nikes anymore :yeshrug:

GSR

All Star
Daps
Reppin
daygo
Hey Oak, see that cac over there glancing, get em for me
fEfT23g.png

1JTjM1d.png
:steviej:

The Fire

way more chemical than political
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
To be honest every time Jordan puts out a new shoe or colorway it sucks ass. Only good for retros

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
:damn:

I still rock retros, I got a pair of the 29's to ball in, and I copped some Futures like two years ago. I think Jordan Brand needs new designers, they need to make shoes for the players they have signed guys like Westbrook and Griffin are marketable enough. I remember a time when people actually rocked Melo's back in the mid-00's. Also, they need to make some runners people wear joggers and tapered pants now, basketball sneakers don't look good like that.

Adidas is killing it with the Yeezy's, Boosts, NMD's, they jogger trackpants, dad hats. Kanye predicted this. :wow:

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
Jordan brand conviently skipping over the fact that those retros are over priced.

I remember they was $150/$160 in 2011 GR, then bumped up to $175 in 2012:scust:so on & so forth:pacspit::snoop:

They was $125 10yrs ago:scust:It should cost the same today because the value of a dollar didn't change

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
  1. Oversupply of the Jordan Brand: "Three years ago, Retro Jordans were all very limited relative to demand. And so, you had every pair of Jordans that would sell out instantly at retail," Luger said. "Over the past couple of years, Nike and really Jordan, right, has continued to increase supply and increase retail price of Jordans to get to the fact where they're not selling out instantly."
Luber said that the second issue, oversupply, was the one that really mattered. Jordan Brand has maintained a relatively lofty reputation since its introduction due to its limited supply. By eroding this Brand value, the long-term negative for Nike could be substantial.

The #1 killer of brands is greed. MJ should drop like 1 shoe every 10 years on some George Lucas Star Wars sh*t.