Michael Jordan's brand is making one big mistake

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I remember they was $150/$160 in 2011 GR, then bumped up to $175 in 2012:scust:so on & so forth:pacspit::snoop:

They was $125 10yrs ago:scust:It should cost the same today because the value of a dollar didn't change
Dollar is constantly depreciating due to inflation.
Rate of inflation 2007 til today 2017 is 18%
What costs $125 10 years ago would cost $147.54 today. Go back further and it becomes even more apparent, say like the 1970s to today would blow your mind with the rate of inflation.
US Inflation Calculator

All that to say value of the dollar is always dropping.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
didn't read

fEfT23g.png

JaJqOJU.png
why the hell does this dude have every goat smiley:russ:the "stevieMJ"

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
You can wear NMDs and most Adidas with any clothes now, Jordans have to specific. Even Jordan is trying to copy adidas now
DCdqGnEW0AAeTq7.jpg

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
one word - ADIDAS

yeezys and NMDs are nike's biggest headache
Yep, and adidas also got 2 key Nike designers around the same time they got Kanye. Those moves hurt Nike. End of the day Nike still banks, BUT adidas is definitely gaining some of the market which is a L to Nike no matter what

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
This. In my opinion the problem with the after AJ17-18, JB started taking the fashion aspect seriously, before Nike was just trying to design performance shoes with certain personal influences from Jordan sometimes they were bulky (AJ1) sometimes minimal to the point of plain (AJ7), but they were never aimed at being mostly fashionable. I don't know, the brand has lost that balance that made the shoes unique.

It's also the nature of fashion, in the early years I'm sure this is a return of marketshare for Adidas who had the 80's and early 90's to themselves and are returning back to that time.:manny:

I'm 39 and the blandness of Yeezy's (Adidas versions atleast) boggles my mind, those shoes look plain as hell, not terrible just ordinary I can't see the logic behind anyone paying out the ass for those.

But everything after the 15 look like trash tho. Matter fact, 1-14 is what you see most on people who wear them as a fashion statement.

Ain't nobody rocking these out.
air-jordan-xx3-black-red1.jpg

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Dollar is constantly depreciating due to inflation.
Rate of inflation 2007 til today 2017 is 18%
What costs $125 10 years ago would cost $147.54 today. Go back further and it becomes even more apparent, say like the 1970s to today would blow your mind with the rate of inflation.
US Inflation Calculator

All that to say value of the dollar is always dropping.

But the wage isn't keeping up. So these high prices are going to lose a lot of people.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Coli single handedly ruined MJ for me. Last week I was watching some MJ highlights and all I could think of was..... There go a smiley right there :ohhh: there's MJ talking smack with Gary Payton that's another smiley :ohhh: now he barking at the refs there go another one :ohhh:

Dude a smiley machine and he don't even know it :mjlol:

:mjcrybeardd:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
But the wage isn't keeping up. So these high prices are going to lose a lot of people.
Your wage depends on the individual, and the field they work in. The saving grace for americans is although the dollar is inflating, the cost of living due to manufacturing efficiencies is dropping. So for a lot of people, especially younger people, who aren't buying homes and don't have to worry about mortgages, they have money to spend on luxury goods

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
But Nike doesn't make money off resells also Jordan Brand doesn't promote shyt at all

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I cant get over the fact that folks buy used shoes....

Are they purchased as art pieces / collectors items....or do folks actually wear used shoes?

Excuse my ignorance, I am not up on the shoe game.
You're missing the point of resells. Most aren't even worn...due to shoes selling out so quickly alot people buy them strictly to flip for a profit.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
yeah they look better with fitted clothes. gonna be a struggle for nike
Eh only in the lifestyle shoe department, when it comes to pretty much every other type of footwear and clothing Nike kinda locking adidas down here in the states, but I assume that's why they don't bother making better lifestyle shoes cause that wasn't their strong point anyway, they could've really competed well with Nmd's with their sock darts tho they dropped the ball

The Fire

way more chemical than political
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
All Adidas is doing to copying Nike designs and making them limited

Yeezys are a copy of the Rose

Ultra Boost are a copy of Prestos

They also have copied Flyknit
one of the most retarded things I've ever read
what's worse is that Nike was parroting Yeezy colorways after Kanye ditched them and they would give anything to have him back